• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Gamer Drank 12 Energy Drinks In 10 Minutes. This Is What Happened To His Organs

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Never drank Energy Drinks since they taste disgusting, I can't imagine how people stomach even one. That said, I do have a soda problem that I've been cutting down on. Water is the way before I hit my 40s in 13 years.

I'm not even a regular coffee drinker.

Yeah it's chemical but so are many candies.. I like it once in a while but itsvery obvious it's poison lol

I heavily campaign against these whilst working in the esports sector and have been banned from few events due to me recommending not to use their potential sponsors products, the damage it does is ridiculous and after I quit drinking them I felt 1000% better
Yeah aren't some of these drinks even banned in other countries? That should be a warning sign.

People, just get a good bowl of cereal, couple of sausage patties, vitamin drink or gummies (preferably with low sugar) and maybe a banana and you're good to go.

When redbull first came out two of my mates stole a 24 pack from a place they where working thinking it was some new booze and when I called down later that evening to smoke some weed with them you'd think they where high on speed, I never laughed as much at the state of them, needless to say the come down lasted days. I've seen guys on site drink that shit morning noon and night every day and smoke constantly, some people are just born fucking stupid.

Only time I ever drink it is when on a long car trip, I'll keep a tin in the glovebox just encase I start to feel tired and need a pick me up whilst driving

Literally just eat any fruit instead. Same effect, way less sugar, less calories, and the energy is actually legit (lasts way longer).

May just take a tad longer for that energy to kick in, but that probably also depends a lot on your metabolism.

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

That's true for me and I should drink less.. (Coffee) But I get what Dr. Suchong Dr. Suchong says (I think) in regards to "rationally". I have ADD and caffeine, much like ADD medication, helps me in the sense that I can, for example, internally formulate my thought and communicate those way better.. If that makes sense...
Yes this is pretty much what I was driving at.
Anxiety jumbles my thought process, the energy drink focuses it.

"Sir, what have you drank tonight"

reference GIF

JimboJones

Coffee isn’t packed full of sugar and a crap tonne of other shit like taurine and Ginseng extract.

He would have probably suffered some caffiene toxicity poisoning from 12 cups of coffee but not pancreas failure.
Energy drinks don't have suger either if you go for the suger free variety.
And I see people jizzing those flavoured syrups into their coffee like there going out of fashion.

Kerotan

12 of those energy drinks at 160 mg of caffeine each is also 1920 mg of caffeine. Equivalent to 30 shots of espresso.

Plus whatever other garbage is in there to sound cool on the label.
I know a young English lad who drinks up to 6 redbulls. He's only like 20 but it will catch up to him eventually. He does it because he feels it gives a competitive edge on warzone.

Energy drinks advertising through streamers is a very clever and dangerous thing.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
I can't drink that sh*t anymore. It's pretty much guaranteed heartburn.

It's crazy to see how many people drink this daily 😅

Then there's all of these G Fuel sponsored streamer lol

Last edited:

zaanan

Banned
When redbull first came out two of my mates stole a 24 pack from a place they where working thinking it was some new booze and when I called down later that evening to smoke some weed with them you'd think they where high on speed, I never laughed as much at the state of them, needless to say the come down lasted days. I've seen guys on site drink that shit morning noon and night every day and smoke constantly, some people are just born fucking stupid.

Only time I ever drink it is when on a long car trip, I'll keep a tin in the glovebox just encase I start to feel tired and need a pick me up whilst driving
They def have their uses. 2-3 cans each of Red Bull and Starbucks Double Shot would get me thru the seven-hour overnite drive to see my gf. Never touch the stuff otherwise

kiphalfton

Never drank Energy Drinks since they taste disgusting, I can't imagine how people stomach even one. That said, I do have a soda problem that I've been cutting down on. Water is the way before I hit my 40s in 13 years.

My man. I have only had a sip of Monster and Red Bull (literally didn't finish either can, not even close) but I do like soda quite a bit. Granted I've cut down quite a bit, in the past couple years. I'd say the most helpful thing is just not buying packs/liters of soda, even if it's "on sale" or a good deal. I only ever have soda when going to Costco, since it's free with a hot dog, but even then there have been times I've told the cashier I don't want a cup for fountain drinks.

So long story short it's doable, and I'm not gonna act like I'm perfect as I just had soda yesterday, but I've curbed it substantial. Good luck.

Hezekiah

Banned
I went to a PlayStation event many years ago, and they were handing out free Red Bull like it was air. It was insane to see just how many cans people were knocking back.
Young people clearly getting smarter.

I can't believe I used to drink Red Bull and vodka in my uni days. Absolute crap.

Star-Lord

Young people clearly getting smarter.

I can't believe I used to drink Red Bull and vodka in my uni days. Absolute crap.
I wish that were the case, but the majority of people looked between 25-30. Sweaty, overweight people knocking back high-caffeine energy drinks? Good on them.

Paasei

I always call those drinks:"Chernobyl in a can".

The most disgusting drink in existence and somehow remains to stay popular.

Hezekiah

Banned
I wish that were the case, but the majority of people looked between 25-30. Sweaty, overweight people knocking back high-caffeine energy drinks? Good on them.
Haha I actually misread your post as people were turning down (knocking back) the offer of free caffeine drinks. Comprehension fail.

Kazzz1896

Neo Member
Energy drinks don't have suger either if you go for the suger free variety.
And I see people jizzing those flavoured syrups into their coffee like there going out of fashion.
They use artificial sweetener that is arguably worse for you! Also Coffee can be drank without any of those syrups!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I love the taste of energy drink. Mojito energy drinks are god-like

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I use to grab a Monster after picking up a game at GameStop at midnight during the 360/PS3 gen. Then whenever CoD came out I’d grab a can or two and “join in on the fun”. I remember when Call of Duty Ghosts came out and I had two cans of Monster next to me while playing.

I haven’t had an energy drink in 3 years. I did grab a sugar free Monster while working my last job because I got bored at work. Plus the Company Kitchen was right downstairs. I won’t touch the stuff now. I stick to water and coffee. I’ll drink anywhere from 32 to 64 Oz of water every day. I don’t like to drink my daily intake of calories. I would rather get calories from food.

Top Bottom