• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A friend of mine broke his left arm, what could he play?

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
I considered mentioning FTL but I ride the pause button with my off hand like a maniac. I know people play 'no pause' but it's hard enough for me to win a run with pause.
Pause is the reason why one hand is all you need for this game IMHO. You pause, think hard and long about your move, do the choices you want, unpause and wait a few seconds before doing it again. Doing it with one hand just make it slower to go from the spacebar to the mouse. But yes some advanced techniques may need 2 hands for when you want to micromanage stuff like Oxygen or energy. I don't think that those are needed in the game, just nice things to do if you really want.

Moses85

Dead Space: Extraction, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, House of the Dead Overkill, Mario Party, wii sports resorts sub-games, grand slam tennis and kororinpa

These are all Wii Games… so old as fu**

Banjo64

cumsessed
If he has a laptop or PC, Stronghold HD and Stronghold Crusaders HD are amazing and can be practically played only using the mouse.

Ar¢tos

uZF1aL.gif
What if that is how he broke his left arm in the first place?

What the title says.

Are there any games that can be played with only the mouse or the keyboard?
He loves farming a lot.

Any suggestions? Really curious to know. Thankss

I broke my arm and needed surgery at the end of November. I'm pretty much sorted now, but I played some old point and click games to get through it.

Soodanim

My answer is Vampire Survivors, not only because it barely requires more than just movement but also because it's such incredible value for money to get the game plus all DLC for around £10. I'm at 164 hours with it, and that jumps up every time there's a free or paid update.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
When I broke my wrist, I played a ton of Switch games by remapping the controls of the pro controller. I beat lots of random games, even Cuphead. It was a fun challenge.

adamosmaki

Turn based strategy games. Civilization 6 is easy to get into and a time sink
Games that allow you to pause gameplay are also a great option. Frostpunk and surviving mars are excellent choices

SHA

Strategy games, you need someone smart to use resources strategically and knowing heroes characteristics to get ahead in the game, you don't need 2 hands, it's satisfying actually especially in streaming, like a blind pianist performing miraculously.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Any turnbased rpg. I recommend Fallout 1/2, vanilla or with restoration project, or final fantasy 6, 7, 8 or 9. Which ever of those that gels - first, but their all worth playing.

Top Bottom