• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Fifth Game will be shown at Xbox Direct - No Shadow Drops.

Draugoth

Gold Member
DeveloperDirect.jpg

In a post on the Xbox Wire, Microsoft confirmed some details about the games it’ll be showing during the event.

Specifically, when they will be releasing.

“All the games in this year’s Developer_Direct will be arriving later, with more details to be shared in the program,” the post reads when answering a question about game releases.

One thing Insider Gaming sources have mentioned, however, is a fifth game being shown during the show. That said, it’s not expected to be a major game.

saintjules

The guy who told me about Jones being present also mentioned of another game that is 3rd party and that it's supposed to be a "surprise" announcement.

There's also some big gamepass stuff for next month. Not sure if it will be mentioned tomorrow however.

Godot25

Banned
And I'm sure all of those games will be announced for PlayStation, since GAF is talking about Microsoft going multiplatform for several months :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kilau

The guy who told me about Jones being present also mentioned of another game that is 3rd party and that it's supposed to be a "surprise" announcement.

There's also some big gamepass stuff for next month. Not sure if it will be mentioned tomorrow however.

Maybe FF7 remake.

twilo99

And I'm sure all of those games will be announced for PlayStation, since GAF is talking about Microsoft going multiplatform for several months :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They are actually PlayStation exclusives since Xbox consoles are not being manufactured anymore

DaGwaphics

Those buzz kills. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

But, I can see them jumping out in front if they aren't doing one. They could have a great direct and people would be upset there was no surprise release like last year. Now we can just speculate about this 5th game.

Schmick

After last year it would be really disappointing if there wasn't a shadow drop. It was great reading players initial impressions of Hi Fi Rush when that was dropped.

While I think it is clear that this is happening, the timing of the announcement has to be made pretty carefully. There is still plenty of Xbox inventory laying around that needs to be sold over the next 3-6 months.

Microsoft has to ask themselves when the best time for them to release games on those systems will be and it'll probably be around the start of fall. Maybe summer depending on the game.

You seem pretty convinced it won't happen though, but will you eat crow when it does or just pretend like you never said anything?

Godot25

Banned
While I think it is clear that this is happening, the timing of the announcement has to be made pretty carefully. There is still plenty of Xbox inventory laying around that needs to be sold over the next 3-6 months.

Microsoft has to ask themselves when the best time for them to release games on those systems will be and it'll probably be around the start of fall. Maybe summer depending on the game.

You seem pretty convinced it won't happen though, but will you eat crow when it does or just pretend like you never said anything?
Lol. I'm not pretending it won't happen. Because it already happened (Minecraft Legends, Minecraft Dungeons are available on Switch and PlayStation)
I just think that those words doesn't mean thing that people on this forum thinks they mean.
I fully expect Odyssey (Blizzard survival game) and Kestrel (Zenimax new online game) to be multiplatform because they are service games for example.

But I'm wishing luck to anybody who thinks that they can expect games like Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, Forza Horizon etc. on PlayStation.

Anyway. We can check in summer, since you are predicting that they just needs to clear stock of Xbox consoles and they will announce their games on other platforms. I'm like 100% sure that it won't happen.

Last edited:

Deerock71

I have a sinking feeling about Indiana Jones in the pit of my stomach. Every fiber of my being wants to love it...but the whole franchise peaked at Raiders of the Lost Ark. I hope my gut is wrong!

SCB3

Either this or rumored Oblivion Remake / Remaster. Xbox posted a teaser which apparently had Skingrad city crest in it
The Fallout twitter has been dropping hints as well, also the Amazon series is out in April, double dip on the hype

clarky

Gold Member
Lol. I'm not pretending it won't happen. Because it already happened (Minecraft Legends, Minecraft Dungeons are available on Switch and PlayStation)
I just think that those words doesn't mean thing that people on this forum thinks they mean.
I fully expect Odyssey (Blizzard survival game) and Kestrel (Zenimax new online game) to be multiplatform because they are service games for example.

But I'm wishing luck to anybody who thinks that they can expect games like Hellblade 2, Avowed, Fable, Forza Horizon etc. on PlayStation.

Anyway. We can check in summer, since you are predicting that they just needs to clear stock of Xbox consoles and they will announce their games on other platforms. I'm like 100% sure that it won't happen.
This is the most reasonable take on the current rumors.

Unless they are going to allow Gamepass on PS/Switch. Which obviously won't happen.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Just because you've mentioned it, they've delayed it again.
Silkkky Songgggy.

Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.Silkkky Songgggy.

Fabieter

I would expect xbox would port games to Playstation and switch like Playstation is doing to pc. Not all of them and mostly not day and date.

Mr Hyde

Maybe it's Coalitions new IP? Or maybe the rumored Gears-collection? Would be a nice surprise. Can't wait until tomorrow.

killatopak

Remasters are are not new games tho.. somehow they qualify as such on PlayStation but I don’t think that would fly on PC and Xbox
I refuse to acknowledge Warcraft 3 Reforged is the same game from my childhood.

Last edited:
Top Bottom