• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Full Tour dates for Perturbator
06/01 - SEATTLE - Highline Bar w/ Gost
07/01 - LOS ANGELES - UNION w/Gost
08/01 - SAN FRANCISCO - DNA Lounge w/Gost
11/01 - CHICAGO - Reggies
12/01 - NEW YORK - (le) poisson rouge
13/01 - MONTREAL - Théâtre Fairmount w/Das mörtal
14/01 - BOSTON - ONCE Somerville
I'll be at the Seattle show

cj_iwakura

Full Tour dates for Perturbator
06/01 - SEATTLE - Highline Bar w/ Gost
07/01 - LOS ANGELES - UNION w/Gost
08/01 - SAN FRANCISCO - DNA Lounge w/Gost
11/01 - CHICAGO - Reggies
12/01 - NEW YORK - (le) poisson rouge
13/01 - MONTREAL - Théâtre Fairmount w/Das mörtal
14/01 - BOSTON - ONCE Somerville

Sheesh, no time for Florida?

Today was Synthwave Christmas.

CzRSvXeUQAArxYq.jpg

ShaneB

Well it's not exactly a synthwave soundtrack, but everyone who wants a good dose of the 80s should watch the movie Sing Street.

RED ALERT RED ALERT THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Makeup and Vanity Set Groupees Bundle is up.

https://groupees.com/mavs

I listened to Wilderness Epilogue on the way to work and GOOD LORD HOW IS IT SO GOOD?

88:88 vinyl repress for $100+ (x___x), I would've jumped on this if I didn't already have Wilderness, maybe I still, gotta confirm if this is the only place for this first.

88:88 is my favorite synth album of all time hnnnnng.

cptodin

I listened to Wilderness Epilogue on the way to work and GOOD LORD HOW IS IT SO GOOD?

88:88 vinyl repress for $100+ (x___x), I would've jumped on this if I didn't already have Wilderness, maybe I still, gotta confirm if this is the only place for this first.

Thanks, there's a lot of stuff in that bundle

How do they even know my address? Will they ask at a later date? Could not find anything in my profile.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Bought. More MAVS = a good day.

kami_sama

Thank you for the heads up. Ended up choosing the $10 tier, I wanted the game, and the music alone was worth the asking price.
I might end up downloading more than 5 gigs of music lol

Oh damn. I might just get this.

Good news, fam, the 88:88 vinyl will be available after the bundle in some fashion (he wasn't specific, but I'd assume on Bandcamp).

Also, anything in the bundle with the generic cyan cover art is (as far as I know) exclusive to this bundle.

Bought. More MAVS = a good day.
Let me know what you think of Wilderness Epilogue, the Into the Valley to Polyhymnal section is unreal.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Let me know what you think of Wilderness Epilogue, the Into the Valley to Polyhymnal section is unreal.

Will do!

In the meantime, I'm having a baffling issue with the Brigador MP3s. I'm trying to copy Brigador vol.'s 1, 2, and Uplink to my iPhone, but only some of the tracks are getting synced. I've tried clearing out iTune's cache; deleting all the music from my phone and recopying it; replacing the Brigador MP3s from Bandcamp with those from Groupee; but nothing's working. Like, it's only copying a few tracks from each of the three albums. I'm not having this issue with any other album I own, MAVS or otherwise.

Any thoughts? If anyone has suggestions, that'd be awesome!

Any thoughts? If anyone has suggestions, that'd be awesome!
No, but to add to your fun, my iPhone decided it needed to delete every mp3 on itself in order to "let me" add Wilderness Epilogue this morning.

I wish Groupees music bundles could connect to Bandcamp or something, I hate dealing with iTunes for anything.

After hearing that Perturbator single, and that Dance with the Dead teaser, i am super happy. I guess i was just bummed about power glove epii the most. It just seems like alot of the cats in this genre changed up thier style this year. Bring on 2017 indeed. We may even get some new lazerhawk!

After hearing that Perturbator single, and that Dance with the Dead teaser, i am super happy. I guess i was just bummed about power glove epii the most. It just seems like alot of the cats in this genre changed up thier style this year. Bring on 2017 indeed. We may even get some new lazerhawk!

Trials of the Blood Dragon was legit though

Random musing, during a Facebook Q&A not too long ago, Johnny Jewel said Dear Tommy would be released before the end of the year (yeah, yeah, I know..) and I noticed today that the Italians Do It Better stores has everything but MP3s removed or marked as Sold Out.

A very varied, experimental song from Perturbator. I love it. As someone who was underwhelmed with The Uncanny Valley, I hope this song is a sign of things to come.
I was underwhelmed by TUV at first but honestly now I think I like listening to it more than his other albums. There's some really rad stuff there, Femme Fatale into Venger into Disco Inferno is amazing

I think a problem with the album is the track order at times. Weapons For Children is put right up front. I like the song but after a solid opener he should've followed up with a stronger song to keep the momentum

t-storm

We're halfway into December so what is everyone's top album pick for 2016?

Mine is "Alchemy" by The Northern Lights.

It just slid right in there at the end of 2016 and it's so damn good. The whole thing.

What's your album of 2016?

Top Bottom