• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan: Sekiro 2 Will Be Announced at The Game Awards 2022

I read this while bathing in the Dead Sea but hope it's true, Sekiro is god-tier, might be my most satisfying plat trophy ever.
I Understand 2 Chainz GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

mdkirby

I call bullshit...
There's much more substantial rumours with supporting material to suggest they are working on armoured core as their next big title (which still hasn't had an officially revealed trailer). They are 100% working on a sizeable expansion to Elden ring, as evidenced by things in recent patches. Then there's a pretty high likelihood they are either directly working with, or offering support on some form of Sony published game.
Even just the first 2 would be basically them at their historic capacity. I really really doubt they have another full game/big sequel in a state where it is ready to have trailers shown.

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
But where Bloodborne 2

Speaking as someone who absolutely loves Bloodborne... I still don't know if I'd even want a sequel. The strange, mysterious quality of that world was something you can't transform into an ongoing franchise without losing its original feeling of disorientation. I remember just the foreboding and the gradual recognition of the kind of nightmare you were stuck in within that world, meeting the doll, returning to the hunter's dream each time and wondering what might change there, etc.

I love that rare experience of not knowing where a game is headed, or even knowing what kind of a world you're in and having to learn it slowly. Sadly that can't be recreated in a sequel.

LordOfChaos

Speaking as someone who absolutely loves Bloodborne... I still don't know if I'd even want a sequel. The strange, mysterious quality of that world was something you can't transform into an ongoing franchise without losing its original feeling of disorientation. I remember just the foreboding and the gradual recognition of the kind of nightmare you were stuck in within that world, meeting the doll, returning to the hunter's dream each time and wondering what might change there, etc.

I love that rare experience of not knowing where a game is headed, or even knowing what kind of a world you're in and having to learn it slowly. Sadly that can't be recreated in a sequel.

Imo, I think sometimes fans overthink themselves into not wanting a great game. BB1 will stand on its own no matter what. I think there's plenty still to explore in that world, i.e what was going on in other cities when the MP was coming closer, maybe different time periods, lots you can do with dreams etc.

As long as it's not rushed just to have a sequel, which it probably isn't at this point. Miyazaki must have a bunch of new ideas that have stewed since then.

Flutta

Banned
I know this is prob fake. But man imagine if it’s true? Best gaming news in a long time. FROM is the best dev in the biz. It’s really sad when i think about it that only one AAA dev team i really care about….
That usually wasn’t the case.

Last edited:
This is not Bloodborne 2. Sony wake the fuck up. From Software needs to poke Jim Ryan with a stick until he bleeds and finally concedes to greenlight Bloodborne 2.

Last edited:

Flutta

Banned
This is not Bloodborne 2. Sony wake the fuck up. From Software needs to poke Jim Ryan with a stick until he bleeds and finally concedes to greenlight Bloodborne 2.
Jim is more concerned with COD. I don’t even believe he knows what Bloodborne is.

I would be ecstatic if we got a Sekiro sequel, but it's much more likely we'll get Elden Ring DLC or the reveal for Armored Core.

Man... just thinking of that juicy, stylish swordplay makes me want to start another playthrough 😍 It has my favorite combat of From's catalogue - it's literally an evolution of the dexterity build.

Sekiro never got any story DLC, and there's still a lot of blank spaces in it's lore. The story felt like there was another chapter that could be told.

I don't feel the same way about Bloodborne. While I'd love another one, that game seemed to tie up most of it's loose ends in it's DLC.. I feel like a sequel would just have to be.. "Hey another city found some old blood"

Anyway I don't trust this rumor, but I'd really like to see another Sekiro game, from a purely lore standpoint there's still a lot of questions hanging from the last game that I'd love answers to. Also Sekiro has a more unique gameplay identity.. Bloodborne is much closer to Elden Ring in terms of how you play, level up, and engage in combat. If they did a Bloodborne 2, I think people would expect it to grow from what they did with Elden Ring, which is a huge undertaking. Not to mention it would likely have to be a Sony exclusive, cutting down on potential revenue. Sekiro on the other hand is it's own thing, it'll be compared to the first game, not to Elden Ring (at least not as much).

Kinda rambling here. In short my take is, I'd much rather see a Sekiro 2 than a Bloodborne 2.. I don't think this rumor is true, but I'd love if it was. As for Bloodborne, give the original game to Bluepoint and update it, it's in dire need of a performance overhaul.

Last edited:
Bloodborne has become so overrated at this point that some people are starting to sound like cultists lmao.

It’s a great game but I really think the way it’s talked about has become a signal for some people to broadcast for their own mysterious Lovecraftian reasons rather than to profess a liking for it.

Last edited:

Ceadeus

Gold Member
That's neat but Sekiro 1 should be updated for 60fps by now, it's the only reason I haven't finished it yet, parying is too difficult for me when the input lag is that bad :\

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
That's neat but Sekiro 1 should be updated for 60fps by now, it's the only reason I haven't finished it yet, parying is too difficult for me when the input lag is that bad :\
I replayed the game on my PS5 recently it was pretty smooth performance.

FunkMiller

Eh. Sekiro was very good. But it lost too much of the Dark Souls formula magic for me. And given how hugely successful Elden Ring has been, another Sekiro feels a bit like a step backwards.

Danjin44

Eh. Sekiro was very good. But it lost too much of the Dark Souls formula magic for me. And given how hugely successful Elden Ring has been, another Sekiro feels a bit like a step backwards.
Because Sekiro wasn’t trying to be like Dark Souls?

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Does Activision still have publishing rights for this if it turns out to be true? Regardless I would be extremely happy. I absolutely loved the game I have it just a hair below Bloodborne as my favorite FROM game. There was something about it that just absolutely clicked for me and I love replaying it from time to time.

it has no typical souls like mechanics. you don't lose all your XP, you can't retrieve what you lose, it has barely any real RPG mechanics... it's not a souls like
Yeah I don't understand the issue, it's just semantics. It's a game made by Fromsoft with the typical style of combat you'd expect from them. It seems like splitting hairs to try and argue otherwise. It's very clearly a very Fromsoft game, it just has it's own identity, distinguishing itself from Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Not if it's open-world. And after Elden Ring, I really hope it is. Otherwise I think it's going to be a bit of a misfire from them. I think people would be more excited by a giant open-world Armored Core and some major Elden Ring DLC that adds new areas.

Last edited:

Banned
It's a game made by Fromsoft with the typical style of combat you'd expect from them.

but it isn't tho...

It seems like splitting hairs to try and argue otherwise. It's very clearly a very Fromsoft game, it just has it's own identity, distinguishing itself from Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

so call it a From Software game then not a Souls-like... very easy to do.
there are Souls-likes that do not have the typical From Software feel to them, and that's why you have to decouple the 2...

Last edited:
but it isn't tho...

so call it a From Software game then not a Souls-like... very easy to do.
there are Souls-likes that do not have the typical From Software feel to them, and that's why you have to decouple the 2...
Brah, you know what I mean. The moment you start playing Sekiro you can immediately tell who made it. Like I said, you're splitting hairs and just being deliberately obtuse. And I wasn't the one who said it's Souls-like, I just clearly knew what the person meant, as does everyone else.

Last edited:

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
That would be amazing news but I highly doubt this is legit. When a 4chan poster leaked bloodborne he had gameplay videos to back it up. This guy is just shitposting.

Banned
Brah, you know what I mean. The moment you start playing Sekiro you can immediately tell who made it. Like I said, you're splitting hairs and just being deliberately obtuse. And I wasn't the one who said it's Souls-like, I just clearly knew what the person meant, as does everyone else.

so if From Software made a completely linear platformer, but added the fighting system and controls of Sekiro, it would be ok to call it a Souls-like?
how far away from the formular does From need to go until it's no longer ok to call it a Souls-like?

is Ninja Blade ok to be called a Souls-like?
R.aac1d8820a3436b4b17a9f752559927d

it has swords and combat... and dodges... it's made by From Software...

Souls-like means very specifically an RPG where you lose currency when you die, have set respawn points that you activate and have 1 chance to get that currency back or you lose it all.

Sekiro is not an RPG, it doesn't have the currency retrieval mechanic and it is also way less punishing. you can for example fall off a cliff and you'll just get reset and lose a bit of health.
so one big part of a Souls-like, and why the currency retrieval mechanic works in the first place, is also gone... the constant danger and the way the game makes you proceed very carefully so you don't lose all you have been working for, and that usually means dying by making even 1 little mistake like walking off a cliff because you fat-fingered your left stick and you weren't careful enough.

Sekiro has none of that. all it has that ties it even remotely to the Souls-like games is the difficulty and the developer.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Brah, you know what I mean. The moment you start playing Sekiro you can immediately tell who made it.
Yes, When you play Catherine you can easily tell it by Hashino’s P-team but still it doesn’t mean Catherine plays like Persona game.

Sekiro is FROM’s take on action game they put their experience working on Souls series in to this game but it doesn’t mean Sekiro plays like Souls series.

hyperbertha

Yes, When you play Catherine you can easily tell it by Hashino’s P-team but still it doesn’t mean Catherine plays like Persona game.

Sekiro is FROM’s take on action game they put their experience working on Souls series in to this game but it doesn’t mean Sekiro plays like Souls series.
what they mean by 'same' is both game kicked their asses so they aren't interested in playing such games.

LRKD

Is 4chan reliable in the slightest?

If not, why does it gets threads?
No, but also yes. It's anonymous, and so people can post random lies, and there are constant fake 'leaks'. But it also gets real genuine leaks posted on there. There have been games that leaked on there, and no one even noticed until way later because everyone just thought it was fake and ignored it.

If people posted every time a leak thread showed up on 4chan you'd be drowning in poorly done fake leaks. But there are needles in that haystack and so sometimes it's fun to look at them even if they're probably fake because ya never know when one of those real ones might pop up

BodhiHogie

Neo Member
They don’t need a sequel or even to remake Bloodborne - they just need a current gen 60 fps patch. I beat it on PS4 when it came out but have not gone back to it because I’ve been CERTAIN that said patch is inbound any day now… for two years.

Also, Sekiro is my favorite FS game and probably my favorite game of all time. Though a sequel always seemed unnecessary, I trust that From will do an incredible job. Would be very happy if this turns out to be true.

Arachnid

4chan threads should be fucking banned. There's not even a source for this.
Yep, so tired of these. Some retard makes a claim on 4chan and all of a sudden idiots start writing low effort articles and making pointless threads.

EDIT: Of course it's IzabaPocholo.

Last edited:

Katajx

Gold Member
Yeah I don’t see it. Mostly because of Activision. Just gonna lay this one to rest with Bloodborne 2.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Yeah I don’t see it. Mostly because of Activision. Just gonna lay this one to rest with Bloodborne 2.

From owns the IP. They can do whatever they want with it.

I wonder how that relationship went because it never got DLC and all their other recent games have.

Barakov

From owns the IP. They can do whatever they want with it.

I wonder how that relationship went because it never got DLC and all their other recent games have.
It always seemed like it was a PR move for Activision. It kinda worked out since they can they can say an Activision published game won a Game of the year award.

I'm guessing the deal was for the game and nothing else as far as dlc goes. I'm guessing if this sequel rumor is true they'll publish it themselves or have Bamco do it.

Top Bottom