• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4chan: Sekiro 2 Will Be Announced at The Game Awards 2022

Barakov

Gold Member
4chan threads should be fucking banned. There's not even a source for this.
Oh there's definitely a source
A Mans Butt GIF

DavidGzz

Give me more weapon choices and armors as well and I'll be excited, please. Sekiro was my least favorite because it got boring and replay value was non-existent for me.

Gojiira

Banned
Sekiro: Doesnt need a sequel

They should try Armored Core game but in Souls style, so like imagine a soulslike but mecha and stuff, would be neat.
That was the rumour from a while ago, AC with a ‘motherbase’ type thing, open world with enemy faction bases operating as dungeons, big world bosses like For Answer, combat with some aspects of the Souls formula.

But yeah AC or whatever they are making with Sony is surely next.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Miyazaki said in an interview during Elden Rings release that his next game was already in motion. However, I think a potential sequel to Sekiro will not be directed by him, but instead taken over fully by the co-director Kazuhiro Hamatani.

GymWolf

Just add more weapons and interesting stuff to find during exploration and you basically have almost the perfect game.

Finding the arms was not that exciticing in the first one, most of them were just meh or highly situational.

Gimme more weapons with different parry stats, like hard to parry but destroy more enemy balance or super easy to parry but barely any damage etc, and some fucking armours or at least different light dresses with different stats.

Last edited:

Pejo

I couldn't get into the parry heavy combat of the first one. Probably just didn't give it a fair shake, but I vastly prefer the Nioh games combat to Sekiro.

I was kinda hoping they'd finally reveal the new Armored Core that they've been working on.

Sekiro 2 makes no sense and From is not going to reveal new games this time (Elden Ring DLCs are another story).
The latest entry in the Armored Core series, which has already leaked ages ago thanks to a RetardEra user, will probably officially pop up at TGS 2023.

That's too soon, I get in cold sweat if I think about IShin the sword saint fight. TBS 4chan rumors should be forbidden by the law.
lol that's the first boss fight i thought of. also the guardian ape i struggled with and some mini boss dude i can't remember his name but it's in one of the starting areas when you revisit it. that cunt made me quit the game for a month lol.

didn't From Software say their next title is almost done? that was shortly after Elden Ring came out. It's not too crazy to think that we could get an announcement for a new game soon.

people are forgetting how quickly they can work. between March 2014 and March 2016 we got: Dark Souls 2, Dark Souls 2 Scholar, Bloodborne, and Dark Souls 3.

I think we'll get Elden Ring DLC and a new game announcement soon.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
"Bane of Disuptant" sounds like someone who barely spoke any English came up with a title they though sounded really cool and then just plugged it into Google Translate.
You say that as if

This fuckers name is Dragonlord Placidusax.
237652-placidusax-orig-1-article_cover_bd-1.jpg

Amazing game, but I've gotten too old and just don't have the reflexes to play it. For me it was by FAR the hardest Fromsoft game. I'm sure the 2nd one will be great though.

My great fear in life is not being able to enjoy it when my fingers/wrists go because it's so beautiful. Maybe there's a mod for the PC that lets you auto-parry. Lame I know but I will want to enjoy its atmosphere again before I die.

tommib

4chan. Really people?

I don’t want them to go back to Sekiro. It’s arguably their best game in terms of gameplay and transversal but I want it isolated in their work collection.

Go for something new. A new action-adventure game with no RPG elements.

Holammer

Enough, it's time to kill those generic Souls-like trash games
Make a sequel for some of the below franchises already:

Metal_Wolf_Chaos_cover.png
Kuon_NA_cover.jpg
Shadow_Tower_Abyss.jpg

57370_front.jpg
D_NQ_NP_10543-MLB5671934136_012014-O.jpg
51H0FNE4SJL._AC_.jpg

s-l640.jpg
A new King's field would be wild. All the little shits would be like: "It's like Dark Souls, but in first person view! Also... Why is there a 'V' in the title?"

BbMajor7th

Have been playing through the first one recently and would actually welcome a second. I think there's a lot of potential in the first game, but it's not quite there yet. It feels very small compared to other FROM games, with a lot of recycled content past the mid-game. You have to fight Juzuo the Drunkard like four times to get all the Prayer Beads, while almost every other boss and sub-boss appears twice. Shinobi prosthetics felt like under-developed gimmicks for the most part and the upgrade tree didn't do a great deal to expand on them - the difference between the Shuriken you pick up in the first half-hour of the game and the Lazulite Shuriken you can craft end-game is barely noticeable, despite five consecutive upgrades. Likewise with the skill tree - while some feel transformative, a lot of them are a big shrug (especially for how much they can end up costing late-game). It also incentivises grinding in a bizarre way. Losing half your accrued skill with each death means that if you're sitting on a bunch of XP before a boss you have to go grind out scrub enemies to bank the whole point, or basically lose the majority in two or three deaths. Same issue with Spirit Emblems - unless you grind early and bank a bunch while they're cheap, you'll have to go and farm them later, which just dis-incentivizes their use. Would have made way more sense to auto-fill them like a gourd at the Sculptor's Idol.

There is a lot to like though and some really cool ideas - it just needs more work, more development as a concept and, I would say, more balancing: late bosses feel less like a skill check and more like a pattern learning exercise. Knowing which type of perilous attacks follow from which combos so you can respond effectively. It makes it so that you'll go from being pummelled in your first attempt to finishing with reserves in your last run, not because your skill has shot through the roof, but because you knew every attack, how to respond and when to punish.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

one game I will buy day one and never finish, not because of lack of trying.
Sekiro is probably among my most favorite game. But it doesn't need a sequel.

MadPanda

Banned
Not touching with a 10 ft pole. Wouldn’t play it if someone paid me. Sekiro beat my ass and crushed my soul. How anyone advanced past the 1st section is beyond me and I commend you on your gaming prowess.
Git gud man. Sekiro is the best from software game, period. It's impeccable. It's much better than souls games. I understand why some souls fans don't like it, but man, that combat is top notch. I know nothing about its story, like I don't know for any of the from games, but I still remember its world and fights.

Black_Stride

His name makes sense.
For ancient dragons the first part of their names describe their nature (placid, lance wielder, grand, undead) while the suffixes ''seax'' or ''sax'' imply they were all part of the Farum Azula's ruling class.
Are you having a stoke?

Braag

Kinda wish this game never got a sequel lol
From could do so many other things with their time.
I like Sekiro but my god it was the most frustrating game I've ever played.

Black_Stride

I hope you're just fucking with me because if you seriously have trouble undestanding what I wrote (prefix = literal dragon's descrition and suffix = "surname" of ancient dragons) then I don't know what to tell you.
That all high fantasy shit sounds like gibberish when taken out of context, if you read who I was quoting.

Top Bottom