• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 Million People have played Ghostwire Tokyo

Kataploom

Gold Member
LOVED it! Didn't get all collectables but got the 240k souls, all the side missions sans the photos ones and all the relics... out of just sitting and chilling with my headset and the rain sound in the game. Wish there was a sequel coming with Akito following KK's path. Or a prequel with KK as main character.

Game is overwhelming for those that can't forgive themselves not 100% a game but for those like me that just play until I have enough, the game lasted as much as I wanted.

wipeout364

Game is a lot of fun. You need to have an interest in Japanese stuff as the gameplay is just ok but I really found the setting, atmosphere, and different take on horror/ghost story really brought the game up for me. But if the setting didn’t do it for you I totally see why people would drop it.

What was the average playtime and completion% for those 4 million players. They should provide such metrics only then it gives meaningful information.

sachos

Im really curious how these metrics are measured and if it varies by game. Does opening the game for a couple of minutes already count as a player? 30 min? Reach certain area of the game?

DonJimbo

Lately I didn't like Bethesda games Ghostwrite was shit and boring have redfall installed but I will delete this Junk as well without touching it miss Skyrim and Oblivion Bethesda

Skifi28

I just tried it with a mouse and wow, gameplay is transformative. This isn't really the typical PC vs Console thing, the controller settings implementation is botched and no amount of playing with the sliders can fix it. People have been complaining since launch about the various technical issues, but the developers seem to ignore them. You have to brute force your way into an enjoyable version and it's a shame because there's a good game hiding in there.

Varteras

Gold Member
... Now it's a ghost town.
Understand Captain America GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Side quest is very repetitive.
Too many, like way too many icons in the map, really hate the soul catching crap.

Gameplay is alright, the only element im having fun is the fire and the water, the green is awful.

I finished the base game, didnt jump into the dlc, overall i give it a 6.5/10.

Oh, and controls are awful. that deadzone. Graphic is pretty nice though

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Side quest is very repetitive.
Too many, like way too many icons in the map, really hate the soul catching crap.

Gameplay is alright, the only element im having fun is the fire and the water, the green is awful.

I finished the base game, didnt jump into the dlc, overall i give it a 6.5/10.

Oh, and controls are awful. that deadzone.

What, the green wind element is just rapid fire to blast enemies quickly. Barely used that stupid water power.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
What, the green wind element is just rapid fire to blast enemies quickly. Barely used that stupid water power.
the water is quite strong actually, and the charging is basically a powerful shotgun , it shreds a group of enemies (since fire ammunation is quite limited).
Im finished the game on highest difficulty.

xrnzaaas

The setting is the best thing about this game, but the actual gameplay is not very innovative. It may look like that at first glance, but it's pretty much all composed of mechanics everyone know from other action games. I also didn't like they didn't use the potential of having
giants
in the game. They're just in the cut-scenes and that's it.

winjer

Gold Member
I played it for an hour on PC and gave up.
The game is a broken mess. Stutter from shader compilation and traversal. And mouse acceleration. And a low FoV.

j0hnnix

Really enjoying the game. Took a break from it, it's a tad bit repetitive but I like the atmosphere.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
With Ghostwire Tokyo you're looking at arguably one of the most graphically, greatest looking game of all time in my opinion.
Heart Glitch GIF by Xbox
Ghost Raining GIF by Xbox
Ghost Rt GIF by NVIDIA GeForce

Vyse

Gold Member
I love it. It does get repetitive, but I'm still enjoying it.

The mix of melee / platforming / unconventional projectiles feels like Breakdown. Just one of those weird 1st person games that doesn't really neatly fit into a genre.

The art style is great. It's like what I imagine Shin Megami Tensei looking like if they ever made a 1st person action spin-off; complete with the hybrid mixture of Shinto magic meets digitization effects. Then add in the Tokyo tourism angle; just fun for fans of Japanese culture to look around the city, pick up collectibles and engage in the side quests. Add in another layer of horror imagery from their Evil Within roots.

The game is just addicting to play. Very retro design in some ways, like an old school collectathon game.
My thoughts as well.

Jaybe

I enjoyed it for an hour. Recently visited Tokyo so it was nice to see how it was realized in the game. But the gameplay was boring.

wipeout364

With Ghostwire Tokyo you're looking at arguably one of the most graphically, greatest looking game of all time in my opinion.
Heart Glitch GIF by Xbox
Ghost Raining GIF by Xbox
Ghost Rt GIF by NVIDIA GeForce
That’s a bit more than I would give it but it was really fun seeing all these Japanese locations and horror imagery. Just looking at those screens you posted reminds me why I liked the game so much. I think because it feels so foreign compared to the majority of games. I mean we do get lots of Japanese games but First person shooters with realistic environments is not something I remember seeing very often out of Japan.

It was a decent game. Nothing great, nothing bad. Nothing much ambitious but still fun. Pure 7/10 material.

It could have been great if the combat mechanics were more fleshed out rather than just your pistol(wind), shotgun(water), grenade launcher(fireball) and shield(earth). I'm glad spiders thread update delivered in this regard.

Last edited:

Pimpbaa

Definitely need a VRR capable TV to play this on console, even then you still get a lot of stutter. Can’t imagine what the performance would be like if this game had pedestrians and moving cars. Can’t wait till devs move on to UE5. Might still have performance problems, but at least the graphics will justify that.

I still have it's sealed Steelbook...this was supposed to be a promised game, a fresh new original IP in this barren gaming landscape. I'm still disappointed in the final product, which is so odd because I was pretty certain from the trailers it would be up my alley. I really despise the Ubisoft generic rinse and repeat feeling of the game...it's a shame because the art assets and other factors could have been in a much better product than the one we got. If I knew it would be this...generic. I would've rather had The Evil Within 3 instead which was a much safer bet to make and would've resonated with core gamers more I think.

LordCBH

I didn’t like any of the previews for it at all. But gave it a try when it went up on Plus. Ended up really digging it.

Hestar69

Fix the goddamn Xbox version and youll get even more players.
yeah it is kinda buggy on the xbox I was fighting a boss that didnt move I thought easy fight then the game froze and crashed lol...and there is some dips in fps even in performance mode.

Roberts

Have been playing it on and off for a while now and probably around halfway through. I don't love it, because it feels a bit repetitive, but I'm enjoying it enough to feel like I will finish the main storyline. There is just enough weirdness and lore to keep me interested. I think it is a bit smoother on XSX after the latest patch, but still drops frames in perf mode. The funny thing is that I switched to 30 fps to play long enough to get used to it and then switched back to 60 fps and it felt like the smoothest 60 fps I have ever played.

Mr Hyde

I genuinely enjoy this game. Still playing it. The story, traversal and combat is what keeps me hooked, grabbing cores from ghost never gets old. If only Tango would've cut down on the bloat, the game would've been amazing. The map and the millions of markers gets me sick to my stomach. I don't know what they were thinking, seriously, nobody likes shit like that.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Played vs Finished would be another story i think.....i got pulled away from it after a few hrs and never went back. I still may sometime, but it wasn't pulling me as much as i hoped.

Top Bottom