• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3rd generation Xbox a certainty according to Gates

bjork

Is this a surprise? They said Xbox as a business model had a 15 year lifespan. So considering you're getting the second xbox 4 yrs in, there can be two more before the model's timeline ends.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
"Halo" from Microsoft-owned Bungie Studios sparked sales of the original Xbox. When asked to identify a killer title for the Xbox 360, Gates declined.

Says it all really.

The Microsoft co-founder said the Xbox 360 will be better than the next-generation PlayStation 3 console from Sony

"In terms of how we've balanced technology in the machine, we feel certain we've done a better job than Sony," he said.

WHOA

FiRez

Hydro_Alexis said:
Already talking about the next next generation? so is he trying to basically say the 360 is a failure?

what do you mean? Sony already mentioned the 4th PS, does that mean the PS3 is already a failure?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Hydro_Alexis said:
Already talking about the next next generation? so is he trying to basically say the 360 is a failure?

SELL YOUR 360, IT'S ALL OVER!

FunkyTaco said:
He is my father.

scene03.jpg

Nooooooooo

When a console is released they always start on a new console. Nintendo said that to. They probably start even with there designing a new console even before the newest console is released.

Chittagong

Gold Member
He's attempting the Kutaragi thing of confirming the next PlayStation at the eve of the launch of the latest one. Suprised he didn't go all the way Kutaragi and boast how the next Xbox is 1000 times more powerful than Xbox 360.

_Angelus_

Banned
Bill Gates brought the hurt down with those words. The haters would love to see them give it up since theyre the closest threat to Sony.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
shpankey said:
cybermac, man, why you always so mean spirited? :lol
It's in his nature but you've got to admit, that quote was practically handed to him, even in full context.

xexex

Banned
Xbox: 2001-2005 | Xbox2/360: 2005-2010 | XB3: 2010-2015

Microsoft will begin R&D on 3rd-gen Xbox next year, if it has not already. makes perfect sense, because Sony has already publically mentioned Playstation4 several times.

Sony-Nvidia have a graphics roadmap, post-RSX and Sony-IBM-Toshiba have a roadmap for Cell that extends to 45nm and beyond with what looks like dozens of SPEs on a single chip.

XB3 and PS4 should provide near-CG (videogame CG not, big budget film CG) graphics in games. whereas Xbox360 and PS3 have turned out to be not as powerful as once thought.

meanwhile, Nintendo, after the Revolution, will most likely have a videogame machine that finally moves away from being tethered to the television.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
"In terms of how we've balanced technology in the machine, we feel certain we've done a better job than Sony," he said.

You don't get it, do you Bill? I don't want balanced technology in a next-gen console. I want *all* the technology and then some!

Oh, and I'm not paying for it either, you shoulder it.

Kolgar

xexex said:
XB3 and PS4 should provide near-CG (videogame CG not, big budget film CG) graphics in games. whereas Xbox360 and PS3 have turned out to be not as powerful as once thought.

O RLY? Unless you have a time machine, I think it's premature to pass any kind of judgement at all on PS3 yet. And though 360 hasn't wowed me by any means, I'm willing to give developers a chance to tap the machine before I make any final proclamations.

Fact is, we simply don't know HOW powerful these machines are, especially PS3.

Top Bottom