• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3 men charged with attempted homicide following shooting after Spencer speech

Slayven

http://weartv.com/news/local/3-men-...tion-to-shooting-after-richard-spencer-speech

32cf7d74-0952-46c3-9f25-b0f491515772-large16x9_UFShooting.jpg
Gainesville area law enforcement located and arrested three men about 20 miles north of Gainesville late Thursday, Oct. 19 for their role in a shooting that followed the afternoon speech by Richard Spencer.

According to a Gainesville Police Department press release, 28-year-old Tyler Tenbrink of Richmond, Texas; 30-year-old William Fears and 28-year-old Colton Fears of Pasadena, Texas are all currently in the Alachua County Jail on charges of Attempted Homicide after an investigation revealed they engaged in an argument with another group of people that turned violent with gunfire.

At least two of the three have shown connections to extremist groups. Tenbrink is a convicted felon and faces additional charges of possession of a firearm by convicted felon.

Shortly before 5:30 p.m., it was reported that a silver Jeep stopped to argue with a group of protesters and began threatening, offering Nazi salutes and shouting chants about Hitler to the group that was near the bus stop.

but black identity extremists

Kthulhu

I blame Pasadena's shit air./s

All I see is 90% old white dudes when I go to Richmond, so I'm not that shocked someone from there is capable of this.

Edit: Can't wait to get my girlfriend out of Rosenberg. Spring is hardly a liberal melting pot, but it's better than where she is now.

lightus

Reposting from the other thread:

"He's trying to make it, normalize the idea for white people to have an identity, to advocate for their own interests and to advocate for our own existence," said Will Fears, who traveled from Texas.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ite-nationalist-richard-spencer-event-n812301

... A few hours later...

Will Fears and two others arrested for attempted homicide.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/gaines...fter-richard-spencer-speech/1481821918520731/

Quite the white identity he's making there.

This guy tries to come across all logical and peaceful in his interview and then literally tries to kill someone a few hours later.

Terrorists. Plain and simple. No different from ISIS.

What about ISIS is America scared about again?

Color.

But yeah, I strongly believe that a group like ISIS can easily form somewhere in the US where conservatism is strong, if you bombard that part of the US for years and constantly meddle in endless regime changes.

Basically, ISIS doesn't exist because "those damn muslims are barbaric / islam is violent" but just because they happen to live in a poor and devastated country combined with conservative religion. All the events of white supremacy in 2017 show this as clear as day.

Kthulhu

Color.

But yeah, I strongly believe that a group like ISIS can easily form somewhere in the US where conservatism is strong, if you bombard that part of the US for years and constantly meddle in endless regime changes.

Basically, ISIS doesn't exist because "those damn muslims are barbaric / islam is violent" but just because they happen to live in a poor and devastated country combined with conservative religion. All the events of white supremacy in 2017 show this as clear as day.

Just look at the sovereign citizens movement, that's basically what they are.

RinsFury

Lock those terrorists away forever.

White extremist groups across the country need to be dismantled before it's too late.

If you need more proof that white privilege exists, look no further.

These guys literally kill cops and no one cracks down on them, while BLM and other groups are demonized by the media, the FBI, and the police.
I was always well aware of it since at least my adult life but those guys are taking it to another level. Clearly a terrorist organisation.

Capra

Errr... the Holocaust?

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is an actual Holocaust denier. Every time there's a documentary about neo-Nazis in America there's a bizarre tenancy for them to vehemently deny the Holocaust ever happened... Despite worshiping the guys who fucking enacted it.

"Holocaust? FAKE NEWS! But if it had happened, that would've been great!"

NoName999

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

Ever heard of World War II?
What planet are these people living on

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy is an actual Holocaust denier. Every time there's a documentary about neo-Nazis in America there's a bizarre tenancy for them to vehemently deny the Holocaust ever happened... Despite worshiping the guys who fucking enacted it.

I shit you not, when someone responded with a picture of dead concentration camp victims, the asshole said that was a strawman

Kthulhu

It's really the most bizzare thing about them.

A minute spent on Voat proves that. They worship the genocidal actions of Nazi's, but say the Holocaust is a "Jewish conspiracy"

They aren't to bright over there.

Even if someone denies the Holocaust, asking if there was any example EVER of a Nazi engaging in an act of violence when you KNOW that World War 2 happened is the stupidest thing that's ever been said. Unless he thinks that German soldiers were just dancing out onto battlefields with garlands and baskets of kittens, he knows that Nazis committed at least one act of violence. Shooting someone, even during a war, is an act of violence. I mean, how does he think Hitler took Poland? "Hey guys, we're having a swell party down here, want to join us?" That statement is the dumbest fucking thing that has ever been said on Earth. It's just breathtakingly stupid. I want to shake the guy's hand for being able to produce something that idiotic. Sometimes you try to think of something stupid to say ironically, but you'll never be able to top "show me a specific example of a Nazi committing an act of violence." Like, how can you even respond?

Top Bottom