• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2K addresses ad controversy in NBA 2K21 (not meant to be run and will be fixed in update)

cormack12

Gold Member
pMexqs.jpg

Ad in question

Ah, the old Jack Dorsey approach, say it was an error and do fuck all about it.

Test the waters, what they will or will not tolerate. Desperate to control, all and everything. Unable to forgive...

reptilex

Banned
I say milk and abuse of these dumb couch potato degenerate who buy a new NBA2K every year, in a better functioning world these stupid couch potato wouldn't have that money to spare and be scammed off.

Mephisto40

If it wasn't meant to be integrated as part of the pre game loading screen why was the loading screen changed to display the percentage time left of the add rather than percentage of game data loaded?

They would have had to reprogram the loading screen for it to do that

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
tbf the idiots who buy this shit from my experience all tend to talk, sleep and breathe sports... most are a complete and utter fucking bore to talk to so tbf to them these unskippable adverts probably dont even phase them or are actually noticed becuase when they arent playing sports theyre watching it on the telly with adverts plastered all over them..

regawdless

Banned
We are sorry for getting called out on it. It was NOT on purpose. That dev guy slipped and deleted the skip ad function.

Please keep buying our stuff.

BlackTron

Holy hell I remember when 2K sports games were the wise man's answer to EA.

It's like the dystopian gaming future we could have made stories about in 2000.

nush

We know where the line is and we went passed it to see if players would accept it or not complain too much. Unintentional my ass.

Their next game should launch with a 120 dollar price tag.

Starting the game will initiate an hour-long ad, ending on a slot machine screen where you can spend money to load the next hour-long ad, with a 0.3% chance of getting a 640x480 pop up window that allows you to play the game for about five minutes, while the ad is playing in the background.

If the target audience doesn't care and continues to support this crap, I say push it as far as you can. That way, at least the rest of us have something to laugh at.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Let me just send out a tweet saying we accidently wrote some code to force players to watch an ad. Problem solved.

Top Bottom