• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Statement from Capcom over Dragon's Dogma 2 Release: "We are working on fixes"

Draugoth

Gold Member
Capcom has issued an Official Statement this morniong after the failed release of Dragon's Dogma 2 on Steam:

To all Dragon's Dogma 2 players

We would like to update you on the status of the following items, about which we have received numerous comments from the community. To all those looking forward to this game, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

■Crashes and bug fixes
We are investigating/fixing critical problems such as crashes and freezing.
We will be addressing crashes and bug fixes starting from those with the highest priority in patches in the near future.

■The option of starting a new game
We are looking at adding a feature to the Steam version of the game that will allow players that are already playing to restart the game. We will announce more details as soon as we can.

■Paid DLC
All the items listed below can be obtained in-game or as paid DLC items.
Art of Metamorphosis - Character Editor
Ambivalent Rift Incense - Change Pawn Inclinations
Portcrystal - Warp Location Marker
Wakestone - Restore the dead to life!
500 Rift Crystals / 1500 Rift Crystals / 2500 Rift Crystals - Points to Spend Beyond the Rift
Makeshift Gaol Key - Escape from gaol!
Harpysnare Smoke Beacons - Harpy Lure Item

■Regarding Frame Rate
A large amount of CPU usage is allocated to each character and calculating the impact of their physical presence in various areas. In certain situations where numerous characters appear simultaneously, the CPU usage can be very high and may affect the frame rate. We are aware that in such situations, settings that reduce GPU load may currently have a limited effect; however, we are looking into ways to improve performance in the future.

The Dragon's Dogma 2 Team

via Steam

Last edited:

Hohenheim

Was looking forward to start this tonight, but will wait for a patch or two to fix the FPS / CPU issues.
Very much looking forward to it!

Edit:

Someone fixed it (for those with DLSS3 cards)

Capcom will probably have a official fix ready within a few days.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Performance issues should be priority. The new game/DLC is just people complaining.

Based on what Capcom and reviewers have said, the game is designed to be an actual RPG. Play the game and learn to live with your decisions. 🤷 Dreamcast Guy also mentioned that you can change your build and that he was doing it quite often.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
  • The option of starting a new game
    We are looking at adding a feature to the Steam version of the game that will allow players that are already playing to restart the game. We will announce more details as soon as we can.
All the paid DLC stuff is the kind of fucked up ness I expect. But this one is just crazy that no one pointed it out. How did they get through QA?

I saw this on reddit, hilarious:
wNV4qh3.png

Kurotri

I was really in the mood to play a big open world fantasy RPG and DD2 looked pretty appealing to me, I'm also a fan of their art direction and the visuals in general. That is coming from someone who tried the first years ago and couldn't get into it at all. These performance issues are a huge bummer and I hope they eventually fix them. This trend of releasing broken games and fixing them later sucks.

Guilty_AI

'failed' release ?

what ?
This could affect post-release sales. All the MTX, performance and QA issues certainly dampened the expectations of a lot of people who planned to get this on release.

Its not a failed release but its certainly way worse than what it could've been.

Top Bottom