• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 years of Housemarque

Just received this email:

As someone who's been gaming since the beginning of the 80's I've always been a huge fan of Housemarque's titles through the years. From their days of Elfmania through to Nex Machina they've been one of the most consistent developers of arcade-style games on console, elevating them to levels that few other developers reach.

Crying shame how the appetite for their previous games never matched their critical acclaim and Stormdivers has been met with indifference but I hope this PS5 exclusive is going to be another stellar launch title from them.

Congrats to everyone at their studio and I hope they're around for another 25 years.

giphy.gif

170843.gif

tumblr_o6981s67A41rsycr8o1_500.gifv

This is the one
Just received this email:

As someone who's been gaming since the beginning of the 80's I've always been a huge fan of Housemarque's titles through the years. From their days of Elfmania through to Nex Machina they've been one of the most consistent developers of arcade-style games on console, elevating them to levels that few other developers reach.

Crying shame how the appetite for their previous games never matched their critical acclaim and Stormdivers has been met with indifference but I hope this PS5 exclusive is going to be another stellar launch title from them.

Congrats to everyone at their studio and I hope they're around for another 25 years.

giphy.gif

170843.gif

tumblr_o6981s67A41rsycr8o1_500.gifv

This is the one Dev in the PS stable that I'm envious of. I love their style of games. Lighting, art, environmental design all superb.

MrS

Banned
is nex machina worth 5 bucks?
Absolutely yes. It's an incredible game. You're in for a treat if you play it on an OLED too. It's mesmerising.

Can definitely see Guerrilla and Housemarque having games ready for PS5 day one, just like last gen.

Hopefully Sony announce an acquisition of Housemarque today.

FranXico

Yeah, Housemarque would be a great pick-up if they were acquired by Sony. Lower cost than Cali studios... I love their games too.
MiHoYo would be another really good one.

Then something a bit higher cost, like Remedy or Kojima.
Unless they want to go really big.

But Housemarque fills a really good space in the lineup.
Don't forget Bluepoint.

Top Bottom