• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 NBA Playoffs

Celcius

°Temp. member
Screen-Shot-2021-05-22-at-10.22.34-AM.jpg

Anyone else excited for the Playoffs this year?
The play-in tournament was pretty exciting and this year it seems like there are many teams that could win it all. Who are you going for and what matchups are you looking forward to?

Amiga

my playoff power rankings:
1- Nets
2- 76rs
3- Bucks
4-Lakers
5-Nuggets

Mavs, Suns, Jazz, Hawks and Celtics have stars and talent but still young, soft and lack savvy. Blazers, Clippers and Heat are almost but not just enough. Knicks are happy to be here.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Anthony Davis is a soft bitch. He's basically Pau Gasol 2.0 except Pau Gasol was RELIABLE.

Just a soft big who can shoot, seems like now he can't even shoot
AD’s game was pathetic to watch. ZERO initiative, he wasn’t really moving much at all during the game but just waiting by the perimeter. He’s supposed to be the leader and was a no show instead. This will be a very tough series now, but I Lakers put it to 6 or 7 for the win. We lost purely because AD wasn’t prepared and ready to attack and defend the paint

If AD doesn’t show up this series, I wont even say he’s close to Pau Gasol. Pau Gasol had it in him for a b2b repeat and won versus the Celtics. If Lakers lose this series, it’s on AD

thefool

Only 8 posts?
As a guy who saw luka play on spain quite a few times, if you're a nba owner and your scouting team didn't put luka on top of the draft list with as asterisk saying *once in a decade talent, fire all of them. He's carrying a shit ass team vs one of the most stacked rosters of the league and he's doing it all by himself. Mavs last night made only 6 field goals not assisted or shot by Luka Doncic.

Last edited:

fatty

I’d like to check out the Suns-Lakers game tonight but I don’t have TNT. So I have been kind of just following it by updates.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I’d like to check out the Suns-Lakers game tonight but I don’t have TNT. So I have been kind of just following it by updates.
You can watch online for free on nba.com with TNT Overtime: https://www.nba.com/game/phx-vs-lal-0042000156?watch

I can see AD is in pain out there tonight. I really hope the Lakers can get a win and extend the series.
edit: this is hard to watch - Lakers down by 21 at half time

Last edited:

fatty

You can watch online for free on nba.com with TNT Overtime: https://www.nba.com/game/phx-vs-lal-0042000156?watch

I can see AD is in pain out there tonight. I really hope the Lakers can get a win and extend the series.
edit: this is hard to watch - Lakers down by 21 at half time

Thanks, I tried from my Ipad but no luck. Got the backboard cam to work but tried switching to another view and couldn’t get it to work again. After trying about 15 times I gave up. I’m glad to see the Lakers get knocked out though. Will try to catch some other games later and try from the desktop.

Hinedorf

Banned
For somebody who takes the Lakers too seriously it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders watching them get deservedly tossed... I'm a bit torn going forward...

Rooting for CP3 and Devin to win it all but I think the Bucks have the most complete roster next to the Clippers. Anybody other than Clippers and Nets and I'm good.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Best NBA playoffs in a while. Pretty unpredictable.
I dont have a team, not in an NBA city either - just excited to see someone new win it all.

Playoff basketball is so much better than other sports - when its crunch time, either legends are born or you live in infamy.
I still remember the Reggie Miller Knicks choke game like it was yesterday. Dirk owning the Heat single handedly.

Plus, got to watch chuck, ej, and kenny as much a possible this time of year - best show in history.

Amiga

Nets still cruising.

Only 8 posts?
As a guy who saw luka play on spain quite a few times, if you're a nba owner and your scouting team didn't put luka on top of the draft list with as asterisk saying *once in a decade talent, fire all of them. He's carrying a shit ass team vs one of the most stacked rosters of the league and he's doing it all by himself. Mavs last night made only 6 field goals not assisted or shot by Luka Doncic.

thought Luka would be a clear #1 pick 2 years before he got drafted. lots of NBA teams have bad scouting. to much dependence on check-lists, stats and hype without actual game attendance.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Denver vs Suns is going to be a tough series to come out of. I think we’ll see the Suns winning it

I’m going to go ahead and say Bucks beat the Nets. Many will disagree, but I see the Bucks winning in 7

Celcius

°Temp. member
sigh, both of the the teams that I was rooting for are out of the playoffs in the first round (Lakers and Mavs).
I wouldn't mind if Porzingas got traded... as the highest paid player on the team I didn't feel like he contributed much.

Hinedorf

Banned
Denver vs Suns is going to be a tough series to come out of. I think we’ll see the Suns winning it

I’m going to go ahead and say Bucks beat the Nets. Many will disagree, but I see the Bucks winning in 7
4 Suns starters put up 20 in game 1.....holy crap! Booker only puts up 20......which means they cruised, curious to see how Denver bounces back

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Im leaning toward Nets vs Clippers, but I guess thats the obvious choice. Probably there will be a surprise.

Cutty Flam

Banned
4 Suns starters put up 20 in game 1.....holy crap! Booker only puts up 20......which means they cruised, curious to see how Denver bounces back
Doesn’t look good for Denver. They lack defense to stop the Suns. 4-2 Suns I would guess. Hopefully its pushed to a game 7 though

Bucks are an embarrassment at this point. You don’t go down 2-0 to the Nets, even with Harden injured. They’re essentially finished two games in

Orpheum

Doesn’t look good for Denver. They lack defense to stop the Suns. 4-2 Suns I would guess. Hopefully its pushed to a game 7 though

Bucks are an embarrassment at this point. You don’t go down 2-0 to the Nets, even with Harden injured. They’re essentially finished two games in
Yeah, bucks are done. If at all they might steal one after they are down 3-0 but the series is wrapped up at this point.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Yeah, bucks are done. If at all they might steal one after they are down 3-0 but the series is wrapped up at this point.
They went down 49 points at one segment in the game. There must be something wrong with the coaching...a top team in the league with a two time MVP on the roster falls 49 points behind in a game versus a team with one star player missing? In the second round? I don't think we've ever seen something like this. It might be the greatest letdown in a while. Heat getting swept and Butler playing essentially like a role player was very surprising too. The NBA now, is becoming more unpredictable than ever it seems. Players have elevated the game significantly over the past decade and this is the result I think, anything can happen / have to come fully prepared

stn

Bucks can still win but they have played like pure trash, especially considering Harden's absence. They needed to capitalize on his time off, that the Nets are up two games means they can breath if Harden is away past game 3.

Orpheum

I reeeeally hope the Suns win the series against the nuggets and at least compete in the WCF. After so many years of bullcrap it's refreshing to see them play so well. Denver sorely misses Murray....

So far it looks good though, i hope they don't mess up

Cutty Flam

Banned
I reeeeally hope the Suns win the series against the nuggets and at least compete in the WCF. After so many years of bullcrap it's refreshing to see them play so well. Denver sorely misses Murray....

So far it looks good though, i hope they don't mess up
They're definitely advancing past the Nuggets. Denver has Jokic so I guess anything can happen but at the same time I've seen a bit too much inexperience from MPJ for him to step up as a consistent second option this year. Probably next year he's going to be truly dangerous on the floor. Aaron Gordon will be much better next year too I imagine. But for now, they don't have enough defensive pieces to really stop what Phoenix can do on offense. Suns are playing some very impressive basketball and I wouldn't be surprised if they make it to the Finals based off their play. I thought Ayton and Booker lacking playoff experience would be an issue since this is their first year in the playoffs, but that doesn't seem to be the case. They must have continued with the same momentum gained from the bubble, so now they're ready for a deep playoff run most likely if nobody gets too banged up going forward

Nuggets are going to lethal next year though. Jokic has really elevated his play

Amiga

my playoff power rankings:
1- Nets
2- 76rs
3- Bucks
4-Lakers
5-Nuggets

Mavs, Suns, Jazz, Hawks and Celtics have stars and talent but still young, soft and lack savvy. Blazers, Clippers and Heat are almost but not just enough. Knicks are happy to be here.

last 8 we have Nets, 76rs, Bucks, Nuggets, Suns, Hawks, Jazz and Clippers.

If AD was fit I would have gotten 5/5.

Naked Lunch

Chris Paul deserves to win a championship so bad. This team might be too young but you never know...

Kawhi dunk tonight was insane.

Last edited:

NickFire

What a fucking show......49pts, 17 REB, 10 AST, 3 STL, 2BLK

PvZtZP0.jpg
I really don't want to see Kyrie win another, but I can't be mad if KD wins one with performances like last night. That was unreal.

I'm also still surprised by Harden in a good way. He didn't have a great night but he played some serious minutes coming off an injury. Just being a deep threat helped his team IMO.

Fox Mulder

“Fully vaccinated individuals will no longer have to quarantine following exposure to COVID-19; can have friends, family and others visit at home and on the road without having them test or register with the team; and can dine outdoors at restaurants, among other eased restrictions.”

Danger 5 Laughing GIF

Amiga

so 76rs had a 10 point lead with 4 about minutes to go, AND THEY DIDN'T SCORE FOR 4 MINUTS AND LOST!

has to go down as one of the worst chokes in the NBA playoffs ever.
tenor.gif

Amiga

Bucks got stuck in and pulled off the series win vs the Nets. Milwaukee have a superstar but they don't rely on hero ball like the Nets. that was the difference.

Hinedorf

Banned
What a game.......what an ending! I hope this series goes 7 but the Suns might sweep if CP3 comes back

Turning moment in the end.....PG MISSING TWO FREE THROWS!!!!!!!! Game is over if PG doesn't completely fail in the clutch moment.

Naked Lunch

Cant hate on Paul George too bad for this one - he scored their last like 10 points.
All the ref reviews lost the clips the game at the end - gave suns a chance to draw up plays and they had no timeouts.

Top Bottom