• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2021 could have one of the more interesting game of the year polls

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Monster Hunter? I can't think of anything else that's really cool but not a port or a remake.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I have bought Ryza 2, Persona 5 Strikers, Ys9, Bravely Default 2 and that new Mario game so far. Been enjoying them all a lot. Pretty solid year so far in my opinion!

Horizon 2 will probably make a solid GOTY contender among things that have more mass appeal.

Umbasaborne

Banned
What a bummer of year. Most games that look good delayed to next year, nothing but ports for the new consoles. Truly the 2014 of this generation

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
If it's a matter of believing then I would like to add SMT V to that list, although you have to be the most believer dude out there to think it's comming out this year.

Flabagast

It will be the easiest win ever for CP 2077 next gen version and I am not kidding.

It just has to come out this year lol.

If we assume that BOTW 2, GOW, Elden Ring and Starfield won't make this year... then Horizon likely has the best chance to get the most GOTY awards. Halo and RE8 might do well too. But there's still time for more new game announcements.

Personal GOTY, I'm guessing it will be BF6.

Last edited:

Tommi84

Except for Horizon, which will sell gangbusters, I'm really, REALLY hoping that Kena will be a silent big seller that will allow the developer to make Kena 2 even better and bigger

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Delays everywhere.
Underwhelming everywhere.
Maybe GTA V will win it, would be fitting.

Is there a runaway favourite based on stuff thats almost guaranteed to release this year? Valheim perhaps?

What has been underwhelming? We are only two months into the year and we already have:

Hitman 3
Atelier Ryza 2
Cyber Shadow
The Medium
Ys IX
Little Nightmares II
Persona 5 Strikers
Ghosts 'n Goblins: Resurrection
Bravely Default II

Out of those games, the only ones that were "underwhelming" for me were The Medium and Ys IX. The rest have been legit fantastic games. People need to move out of their comfort zone and try to play the hundreds of games that get released that they never give a second look to. Rely less on low quality reviews and more on demos, watching gameplay, and creating your own decision based off of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh

Areiz

Banned
Is Breath of the Wild 2 supposed to be coming out this year? If that so it will probably be that for sure

Fbh

The last trailer said 2021.I want to Belive!!!
3709679-1233.jpg

Also Deathloop looks fun, Kena is also looking great, hopefully we do get Hollow Knight: Silksong, and I'm not sure if the devs of Atomic Heart have said anything.

Though yeah, out of the generic Goty type AAA games there isn't much coming so far.

Is Breath of the Wild 2 supposed to be coming out this year? If that so it will probably be that for sure
They've never given a date.

But based on how we just had a Nintendo direct and they had absolutely nothing to show I seriously doubt it

Guilty_AI

Well, i'm liking what i'm seeing so far.
Early access for Valheim and Everspace 2.
Ongoing EA for Baldurs Gate 3 and Mount&Blade 2 from last year.
Starbase is supposed to be available for the public Q1 of this year.
Elite Dangerous Odyssey is looking Mighty great.
Subnautica: Below Zero is looking like it'll make its full release this year.

There's even more games i'm personally looking forward though they're smaller in scale, like Eastward and Little Witch Nobeta.

We'll have to wait and see what actually comes out.

I've only played Hitman 3 so far - and still am - but if it's the best game I play this year it would be a worthy winner, in spite of the 2nd half of the game being pretty underwhelming (first half is brilliant).

Fredrik

Cyberpunk is a 2021 title for the GOTY awards.
If there is some justice in this world the patches, next-gen version and DLC should be enough to push it ahead of everything else.

Resident Evil 8
GhostWire Tokyo
MH Rise
Elden Ring (please god)
Witchfire (please)
Weird West
Shadow Warrior 3
Evil West
Gotham Knights
Deathloop
Industries of Titan
Silksong

if all these hit, it’s not gonna be too bad.

It's February for crying out loud. At least wait til E3 period with all the shows. We should have a better idea of what's coming out on all platforms by then.

Cyberpunk is a 2021 title for the GOTY awards.
If there is some justice in this world the patches, next-gen version and DLC should be enough to push it ahead of everything else.
Actually it's not at most places. Most outlets included Cyberpunk in their GOTY consideration. Idk why some of you think that because The Game Awards didn't count it nowhere else did either. It was nominated a bunch of places over the past couple months. It won't be again this year. It missed its chance

If Horizon 2 or Breath of the Wild 2 come out this year they'll be frontrunners. If they don't I have no idea what will be. Halo Infinite, some surprise indie game like Hades last year. As of now not looking like a ton of high profile contenders this year

TintoConCasera

Resident Evil 8
GhostWire Tokyo
MH Rise
Elden Ring (please god)
Witchfire (please)
Weird West
Shadow Warrior 3
Evil West
Gotham Knights
Deathloop
Industries of Titan
Silksong

if all these hit, it’s not gonna be too bad.
Already forgot about Witchfire, GWTokio and Silksong. Man, wish they come out soon or at least we hear something new about them.

Concern

At this point we might as well have a vote for "delayed games of the year". Really nothing to make you feel like you need to go out and buy a new console.

R6Rider

Gold Member
There's lots of games releasing this year in the first half that I already have high interest in. At this rate it will be a good year.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
The Burning Crusade wins GOTY 15 years later.

variety see GIF

Top Bottom