• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Doom Eternal

50683826431_8c81d87c01_o.png

50683899937_00b612cec0_o.png

sertopico

WD Legion is very impressive, photorealism-wise imo, I think you could crop parts of the top image and its definitely getting very close to "tricking average people into thinking its real" territory.

Although they get tricked by Arma 2 and RDR 2 so maybe I'm overestimating what it takes. RDR 2 is amazing looking but I don't think I've seen a shot that looks like real life. Whats the most photorealistic RDR 2 shot you RDR2-superfans have?
Yes, it has a very convincing lighting on almost every time of day, even if it's not using RT GI and everything is "prebaked". I find mandatory to tune the brightness/gamma/contrast settings the game offers in the video submenu, otherwise it's gonna look extremely flat. Also most of the textures and PBR are done excellently, and together with the lighting you are able to get a realistic looking final image. Besides, it is definitely true that rt reflections make every object look more grounded and not floating in the scene, like alex from DF said many times, but I have to admit that sometimes reflections on certain surfaces are really overdone. There are objects that reflect stuff like a mirror and it's not very realistic.

I was gonna post my Doom Eternal shots throughout week since the game has been out for a while and I jumped in late, then just as I start playing it shows up on PC Gamepass.

:messenger_loudly_crying:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Yakuza Kiwami 2 - Love that VO has the twin stick setting and it's pretty much the exact set up I used to emulate the Saturn and Dreamcast ports when played with a standard modern dual analog controller, it just makes sense - though it'd still be rad to play with an actual SEGA Twin Stick. More side quests in the Yakuza games should use the arcade games more creatively, like have Kiryu enter a Virtua Fighter tournament with actual "player" challengers instead of any relevant quest being about beating someone's score and/or advancing further in the arcade mode than they did etc.
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12yujg9.png
yakuzakiwami2_2020_12k9kq3.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom