• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2020 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

Wunray

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - Reshade

They slipped... it was an accident!
Q75S36l.jpg

Where did all these whale oil tanks come from?
9qLhJrq.jpg

Oh no! How could this have been prevented?
xnOLKfO.jpg
.......How.........much time did you spend on setting that up?

Markie

A akS^

Dude that has more contrast and blackness than my screenshots lol

Just kidding, good shots. I'm still going to replay this game with better graphics.

Last edited:
That severed head in the top right corner looks like it's part of the HUD, I'm so confused :messenger_tears_of_joy:

It actually is part of the HUD. In the pile of bodies is a key NPC I'm supposed to kill that died in the blast.

Here's the blast from an earlier attempt that didn't end well, I managed to catch that explosion just as the some of the whale oil tanks disappear as they explode and my character is launched almost directly backwards. After the blast my character was dead on the second floor of the interior of a building several hundred feet away. You can see the NPC's portrait is coming onto the screen on the extreme right in the shot.

ACpeXgb.jpg

I still can't believe my PC or at least the game didn't crash.

Dishonored 2 - Reshade

RsaTZSb.jpg

wq2Usc4.jpg

xPikYx

The Witcher 3 + DSR Factor 1660p+ Mods + My Custom Reshade + Ray Tracing Global Illumination

I Had to lower the resolution to have a decent framerate and play with the ray tracing shader, at 1660p I can't really see a difference on my monitor so using 4k is not needed and I managed to use the Ray tracing shader and so I improved the frametime at 30fps as well

0RkYOb.png

Reshade VS Vanilla. The vaseline filter in these games is just the worst. It totally destroys all the detail in the game which is a shame considering how much detail was put into the game.

fOPH2r1.jpg

vD2pCqf.jpg
Yo that is fantastic. I think I'm gonna do an install and a new game+ replay. You mind sharing these settings?

akS^

Neo Member
A akS^

Dude that has more contrast and blackness than my screenshots lol

Just kidding, good shots. I'm stil going to replay this game with better graphics.

Its slightly more brighter than it looks in the screenshots. For some reason Nvidia isn't able to capture the brightness right for this reshade.

Last edited:
Yo that is fantastic. I think I'm gonna do an install and a new game+ replay. You mind sharing these settings?

Sorry, I haven't popped into this thread for a while. I'm not sure how to save/share Reshade settings so I'll screenshot my settings. Make sure you have the current Reshade and you should have all the same options I used. Dishonored took a lot more tinkering than the sequel did, which isn't surprising given it's age.

Dishonored

2CUQ4HC.jpg

Dishonored 2/DotO

pTvumDd.jpg

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider - Reshade

mavCovJ.jpg

YZK2vLb.jpg

xPikYx

Is it possible to post a link on my nexusmod page here? I would like to share with you my Witcher 3 setup in case somebody is interested

Markie

I used dsr before but it only let me go up to 2720x1536 with the old monitor. I never meddled with custom resolutions cause last time I checked they seemed like too much of a bother.

You just need to type each resolution axis (3840 and 2160 for 4K, for example) and click apply. There's nothing else to it other than the "testing" screen in the moment.

I never had to mess with "timing", "scan type", "color depth" or "refresh rate". You just set the resolution and that's it.

Last edited:
You just need to type each resolution axis (3840 and 2160 for 4K, for example) and click apply. There's nothing else to it other than the "testing" screen in the moment.

I never had to mess with "timing", "scan type", "color depth" or "refresh rate". You just set the resolution and that's it.
Well, too late now I guess. I still needed a bigger monitor for animation software, since the interface gets too crammed on a smaller monitor

Markie

Well, too late now I guess. I still needed a bigger monitor for animation software, since the interface gets too crammed on a smaller monitor

It's not too late, aren't you still taking 4K shots using DSR?

DSR sucks. It forces a gaussian blur filter which makes everything at least a bit blurry, even with "Smoothness" set to 0%. The best solution for a pure, clean supersampled image (it's "downsampling" in this case, but in practice it's the exact same thing) is to create the desired internal resolutions yourself with "custom resolutions" (such as 1.5x the resolution on each axis for effectively 2.25x SSAA or 2x on each axis for 4x SSAA) and use them instead of DSR.

I see no reason to ever use DSR. SSAA by using a custom resolution + NVCP FXAA (or Reshade's/SweetFX's SMAA in case you think FXAA is too blurry or doesn't clean up edges properly in a certain game) is always the way to go for me, that way the image is as clean as it gets (save for games which have a good TAA implementation or something similar, like Crysis 2) and it'll be compatible with practically any game since you're just running them in a larger resolution and then cramming it on your screen.

DSR sucks. It forces a gaussian blur filter which makes everything at least a bit blurry, even with "Smoothness" set to 0%. The best solution for a pure, clean supersampled image (it's "downsampling" in this case, but in practice it's the exact same thing) is to create the desired internal resolutions yourself with "custom resolutions" (such as 1.5x the resolution on each axis for effectively 2.25x SSAA or 2x on each axis for 4x SSAA) and use them instead of DSR.

I see no reason to ever use DSR. SSAA by using a custom resolution + NVCP FXAA (or Reshade's/SweetFX's SMAA in case you think FXAA is too blurry or doesn't clean up edges properly in a certain game) is always the way to go for me, that way the image is as clean as it gets (save for games which have a good TAA implementation or something similar, like Crysis 2) and it'll be compatible with practically any game since you're just running them in a larger resolution and then cramming it on your screen.
I don't know about the blur on dsr, I always set it to 0% smoothness and the image looks as clean as it does without downscaling. I'd need to see a side by side comparison to be sure. What made dsr convenient for me was that it didn't affect the resolution of anything outside the game, so I could switch back and forth between resolutions and programs without the interface changing size, plus it didn't decrease performance as much. Though if the blur comment is true then I might stop using it.

DSR looks fine as long as you only use 4.00x scaling. It also let's you play at higher refresh rates, with custom resolutions I'm stuck at 60Hz.

Markie

DSR looks fine as long as you only use 4.00x scaling. It also let's you play at higher refresh rates, with custom resolutions I'm stuck at 60Hz.

Fine but never as clean as a 4x custom resolution which gives you pure SSAA.

I didn't know about the refresh rate issue though, as i've never used a monitor with a refresh rate higher than 60hz... Interesting.

Top Bottom