• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

15 days left until the xbox bethesda (XB) showcase. (Time sure flies fast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfey

Banned
Soon, we will know what Xbox has been cooking so far and few suprise gamepass games.

Still, I wish they would do 2 part for this showcase. 1 in December/January and 2nd in June/July. This way, we can have news for the 2 halves, instead of 1 event, then wait 364 days for the 2nd event.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly, having a major showcase in June followed by Gamescom in August, Tokyo Game Show in September and The Game Awards is perfect. All Microsoft needs is a small showcase in late January/early February to tide people over until June. That's all they really need.

Other than that, they should have dedicated 20/30 minute deep dives for individual games like Sony and Nintendo do. It's amazing. Sony/Nintendo has the blueprint and yet, Microsoft for whatever reason doesn't want to copy it. Makes no sense to me.

Hawk269

I will, for the first time in ages will not be able to see this years show live. My work has me traveling 8.5 hours on that day. Will have to catch it later that night. Since I will be driving, I can avoid any spoilers and such and just que it up on my laptop when I settle in to the hotel room.

Zeroing

Banned
Soon, we will know what Xbox has been cooking so far and few suprise gamepass games.

Still, I wish they would do 2 part for this showcase. 1 in December/January and 2nd in June/July. This way, we can have news for the 2 halves, instead of 1 event, then wait 364 days for the 2nd event.
Hey Cortana, show me that nachos recipe .
Halo Infinite 2: Retelling based on the TV show.

It's time !
Press A to make Cortana watch Master Chief having sex... not joking I approve.

Hopefully we'll see some great stuff. Seems like they've done a better job than usual avoiding leaks, that's nice.
My pessimist side keeps thinking there might not be anything great to leak, but yeah I remember past years we already had tons of leaks so MS definably tighten things. Surprises are always good.

Honestly, having a major showcase in June followed by Gamescom in August, Tokyo Game Show in September and The Game Awards is perfect. All Microsoft needs is a small showcase in late January/early February to tide people over until June. That's all they really need.

Other than that, they should have dedicated 20/30 minute deep dives for individual games like Sony and Nintendo do. It's amazing. Sony/Nintendo has the blueprint and yet, Microsoft for whatever reason doesn't want to copy it. Makes no sense to me.
I'm cool with the big showcase in the summer I'd just want that their titles would land on time. If anything MS has been too forthcoming about future titles and moves within their studios. Everytime someone leaves it's because of Xbox's poor management or because they are planning on leaving the industry. If a title is delayed 'Xbox has no games' is proclaimed over and over again. I want to see this year's showcase then make a judgment.

This is the event where MS needs to blow it out of the water.
As it stands, Sony has had more exclusive games from Bethesda than Microsoft has. The games that were released by their purchased studios in Compulsion, Inxile and Double Fine were all multiplatform.
So as it stands Xbox players have recieved sweet fuck all from the studio purchases. On top of that we have the issues with 343 and Halo and the delays in Starfield and Redfall. If MS think that a typical show where they announce a couple of Indie exclusive gamepass games, some gameplay of Starfield and Contraband and Forza MS showing will be good enough, then they are mistaken.
It's going to need to blow it out of the water. 4 or 5 first party exclusives, 3 or 4 AAA first party exclusives from the likes of IO and Avalanche games and then a couple of games that will be releasing this year like Forza need to drop.

I'm expecting this type of showing.
And I'm not a PS player trolling, I'm an XSX player who thinks MS need to show the goods.

Kacho

Looking forward to it. Just show me gameplay for some of the announced games and I’ll be happy.

The only bombshell I expect is the announcement that Starfield will be available on all platforms at launch.
Then in a few weeks we find out that Sony had that deal wrapped up years ago.

For now, it's back to dying in Elden Ring for the next 2 weeks. Why do so many people like this type of masochism?
It's like being a supporter of future Microsoft exclusives. It's just dying over and over.

OP should get a week banned for this cause this is a low effort post

Mods you seeing this you have to keep that same energy lol

You banned me for a week for posting a Starfield Door Leak saying it was low effort
you better banned this low effort post from OP than

Klayzer

Gold Member

You banned me for a week for posting a Starfield Door Leak saying it was low effort
yErcTX3.gif

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm cool with the big showcase in the summer I'd just want that their titles would land on time. If anything MS has been too forthcoming about future titles and moves within their studios. Everytime someone leaves it's because of Xbox's poor management or because they are planning on leaving the industry. If a title is delayed 'Xbox has no games' is proclaimed over and over again. I want to see this year's showcase then make a judgment.
I don't worry about people leaving because this is a general thing but when it comes to Xbox, like most things (but not all), it gets blown out proportion. The biggest issue is announcing games way too early and release dates. Games shouldn't be announced unless they're 100% within 18-24 months of release and release dates shouldn't be announced unless the game is 100% certain to release with 3-6 months at most.

Microsoft has plenty of games in development. I believe that Spencer needs to be more of a boss as opposed to a friend/buddy and want to get updates every three months in regards to how all the games are progressing. Also, if a game just isn't going anywhere, he needs to make the tough decision of cancelling games. A perfect example is Everwild. November will be three years since it was revealed and if they're not in full production and know what the game and direction is, Spencer needs to cancel it and have the studio move on to their next project.

Klayzer

Gold Member
I don't worry about people leaving because this is a general thing but when it comes to Xbox, like most things (but not all), it gets blown out proportion. The biggest issue is announcing games way too early and release dates. Games shouldn't be announced unless they're 100% within 18-24 months of release and release dates shouldn't be announced unless the game is 100% certain to release with 3-6 months at most.

Microsoft has plenty of games in development. I believe that Spencer needs to be more of a boss as opposed to a friend/buddy and want to get updates every three months in regards to how all the games are progressing. Also, if a game just isn't going anywhere, he needs to make the tough decision of cancelling games. A perfect example is Everwild. November will be three years since it was revealed and if they're not in full production and know what the game and direction is, Spencer needs to cancel it and have the studio move on to their next project.
Seems pretty harsh to cancel a project abruptly like that. I agree, some project managers need to be held up to another level of scrutiny. Maybe a set timeframe for progress.

Varteras

Gold Member
the Starfield delay really killed my hype for this
Don't let it. I know it sucks and it is shitty that Xbox owners who bought the console early are having to wait so long for the games to come. BUT! Microsoft has a lot of studios and some partnerships. I wouldn't be surprised if at least half of their own studios show up at this event. Sure, we might not get a lot of surprise reveals of games we didn't know about. But there is a lot about the games we do know of that we haven't seen. State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport, Avowed, Helldblade 2, Starfield, Redfall. All games we should reasonably expect to make appearances at the show. Compulsion, Id, and Machine could very well also be there. This isn't even including third-party stuff. I'm pretty sure Microsoft knows they need to show up hard. Be excited!

Don't let it. I know it sucks and it is shitty that Xbox owners who bought the console early are having to wait so long for the games to come. BUT! Microsoft has a lot of studios and some partnerships. I wouldn't be surprised if at least half of their own studios show up at this event. Sure, we might not get a lot of surprise reveals of games we didn't know about. But there is a lot about the games we do know of that we haven't seen. State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport, Avowed, Helldblade 2, Starfield, Redfall. All games we should reasonably expect to make appearances at the show. Compulsion, Id, and Machine could very well also be there. This isn't even including third-party stuff. I'm pretty sure Microsoft knows they need to show up hard. Be excited!
We have seen way more of Hellblade 2 at this point than any of those other titles other than CG trailers.

Redfall and Starfield are getting gameplay at this show (confirmed already by Bethesda)

So that leaves out - Awoved, State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport, Fable and The Outer Worlds 2, Contraband, Indiana Jones Game, Perfect Dark from titles that we haven't seen any gameplay on.

I have a good feeling we will see Awoved. Forza Motorsport, Fable MAYBE. Not sure about others.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
We have seen way more of Hellblade 2 at this point than any of those other titles other than CG trailers.

Redfall and Starfield are getting gameplay at this show (confirmed already by Bethesda)

So that leaves out - Awoved, State of Decay 3, Forza Motorsport, Fable and The Outer Worlds 2, Contraband, Perfect Dark from titles that we haven't seen any gameplay on.

I have a good feeling we will see Awoved. Forza Motorsport, Fable MAYBE. Not sure about others.
I listed Hellblade 2 because it's a game we know of that we should reasonably expect. Not about what we've seen or not.

I'm not counting on Outer Worlds 2. When that was announced last year they had even said they hadn't really begun any work on it. All they had was a trailer with a logo. Perfect Dark is another that I'm having doubts will show considering what we've heard about its development issues. Fable as well but I chalk that up a bit more to feeling like the bulk of their studio was working on Forza Horizon before it moved on to Fable. Contraband was the third-party stuff I mentioned. Developed. Not published.

But yeah, not only do I expect Avowed and Forza Motorsport, but I fully expect them to announce a release date for the latter and it could very well be this year.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Even though we know most of what's going to be shown..I'm staying away from all leaks/spoilers. I'm gonna enjoy this one.
Do tell my good man, what's going to be shown?

Normally stuff coming within the year would be a banker but there's literally fuck all coming out any time soon and correct me if im wrong but nothing actually has a release date just now. So could just be an hour and a half of deathloop and CGI for all we know. lol.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Seriously what is the point of this thread other than another list of hater takes about muh CGI trailers? We had two already.

Corndog

Banned
This is the event where MS needs to blow it out of the water.
As it stands, Sony has had more exclusive games from Bethesda than Microsoft has. The games that were released by their purchased studios in Compulsion, Inxile and Double Fine were all multiplatform.
So as it stands Xbox players have recieved sweet fuck all from the studio purchases. On top of that we have the issues with 343 and Halo and the delays in Starfield and Redfall. If MS think that a typical show where they announce a couple of Indie exclusive gamepass games, some gameplay of Starfield and Contraband and Forza MS showing will be good enough, then they are mistaken.
It's going to need to blow it out of the water. 4 or 5 first party exclusives, 3 or 4 AAA first party exclusives from the likes of IO and Avalanche games and then a couple of games that will be releasing this year like Forza need to drop.

I'm expecting this type of showing.
And I'm not a PS player trolling, I'm an XSX player who thinks MS need to show the goods.
I doubt it will be that great. MS needs to get it in gear.

BlueHawk357

Want most:

+++Conker reveal
+++New Fallout reveal
+++Hopefully nothing to do with 3+ year out games like Elder Scrolls VI, Fable, etc.
+++Save some reveals for Sept/Nov time perhaps
+++Good day 1 Gamepass games to make up for no 1st party AAA games this year.

Medium want:

++Gameplay trailer for Starfield
++More info on Hellblade 2
++Ubisoft+ sub plan details
++Todd Howard ASMR
++Wolfenstein 3 reveal
++FFVII-R

Ehh:

+Forza graphic showcase+small hands-on
+Grounded info
+Family Game Pass ad/info

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Want most:

+++Conker reveal
+++New Fallout reveal
+++Hopefully nothing to do with 3+ year out games like Elder Scrolls VI, Fable, etc.
+++Save some reveals for Sept/Nov time perhaps
+++Good day 1 Gamepass games to make up for no 1st party AAA games this year.

Medium want:

++Gameplay trailer for Starfield
++More info on Hellblade 2
++Ubisoft+ sub plan details
++Todd Howard ASMR
++Wolfenstein 3 reveal
++FFVII-R

Ehh:

+Forza graphic showcase+small hands-on
+Grounded info
+Family Game Pass ad/info
Where the Quake goddammit. FIX LIST NOW :messenger_heart:

Corndog

Banned

Ya, some deadwood needs to be trimmed.

Corndog

Banned
you want someone to be banned for that? come on dude "lollipop_disappointed:
For continually trolling. I’m not talking permabanned. How about a week to think about it?
Edit: And not just for this post. I would agree that would not be appropriate. It’s the non stop console war trolling.
But it’s up to the mods not me.

Last edited:

Shmunter

For continually trolling. I’m not talking permabanned. How about a week to think about it?
Edit: And not just for this post. I would agree that would not be appropriate. It’s the non stop console war trolling.
Jesus wept, what a deplorable loser you must be. Put me on ignore and live in your safe space. Better yet, go to an Xbox only forum where your feelings will be protected. Just some friendly advice, don’t reply n

sircaw

Banned
I "troll" a lot too then, I like having a bit of a laugh, if these forums come to the point where people are getting banned over a comment like that, i am out of here.

Fredrik

Who cares? Reply if you feel it’s needed or ignore it like the fart in the wind it really is. Why are people so sensitive? Don’t turn this board into the other place where people turned fake or silent just to avoid bans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom