• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DONTNOD Entertainment reveals horror RPG 'Vampyr'

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Remember Me developer Dontnod has revealed its next game Vampyr, an upcoming horror RPG published by Focus Home Interactive.

The game was revealed in a tweet by Focus Home Interactive's UK PR agency Dead Good Media featuring the first piece of artwork.

vampyr.jpg

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/vampyr/news/dontnod_reveals_horror_rpg_vampyr.html

Update:

The game is set just after World War One and players will take on the role of a doctor. He returns home while the Spanish Flu is going around, and is bitten by one of his patients. That bite transforms this doctor into a vampire.

Apparently the Y in the name relates to the choices in the game where the doctor faces moral quandaries as his doctor side tries to heal, while his vampire nature wants to kill and feed. The tag line for Vampyr is ‘Take blood. Save a life’. Choices won’t be clear cut with DONTNOD either.
Vampyr also sees DONTNOD trying to start up a second development team within the studio so more projects can be worked on. Vampyr is still in early development so no release date has yet been confirmed.

DONTNOD are currently in the process of releasing Life Is Strange.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2015/01...ontnod-entertainment-set-after-world-war-one/

Seems like they're already ramping up production of a new game.

I hope Life is Strange works out for them.

I really enjoyed Remember Me and I will support them with Life is Strange. Glad they can keep working on new project. This team must be supported !

Amir0x

Banned
ok Dontnod. Remember Me was an interesting diversion, and juries still out on Life is strange.

But I'm game.

SerTapTap

Glad they landed on their feet after Remember Me. I really enjoyed a lot of the ideas in Remember Me but they clearly shouldn't be making games with generic AAA gameplay. The world, music and to an extent the story of Remember Me were all great, the combat was dreadful. It'd be cool if they somehow expanded on memory remixes but those are pretty specialized. Still my favorite part of Remember Me gameplay-wise

TheMoon

I am looking forward to their next game but man this is a stupid title. Maybe their next game will be Wyrwulf.

It's not "lol we're so different" marketing spelling. "Vampyre" is the first recorded English spelling of the word (Oxford Dictionary). I don't know why the final "e" is sometimes dropped. Maybe it is supposed to be closer to German and other languages, where the word is spelled without an "e" at the end.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
They have my curiosity due to the European aesthetic. Hope it's not crossgen, and I hate that title.

SparkTR

FOCUS Int. does console games? I only know of their name from obscure budget PC games, like Wargame.

They do stuff like Mars Warlogs and Of Orcs and Men and Magrunner, it's pretty hit or miss. Wargame is by far their best published stuff.

Famassu

Let's hope it's not as disgustingly bad as Remember Me.
Remember Me wasn't disgustingly bad in any sense. At worst it was a somewhat unnoteworthy, mediocre game set in a cool dystopian world with some cool ideas that were never quite developed to their full potential. + a bangin' OST. There are far worse games out there that actually deserve "disgustingly bad" title way more than Remember Me.

DieH@rd

Banned
I have a feeling this will be some iPad-friendly turn based RPG that will also come out on PC&Consoles. If it was anything more ambitious, they would not announce it like this.

Silky

Banned
I have a feeling this will be some iPad-friendly turn based RPG that will also come out on PC&Consoles. If it was anything more ambitious, they would not announce it like this.

Focus Interactive is like super B-Tier windows Pub. It's not uncommon. Also they've only done one mobile game and it was for Android so I think this is PC only for now.

AT LAST ................., A Vampire themed game.

DontNod did good with Remember Me, it wasn't a perfect title but they had good things going on, and now I'm really excited about Vampyr, though I'll keep my hopes in check, It is an RPG and published by a not so famous publisher.

Hope we can hear more soon enough.

Hmm, an RPG? Hopefully it's turn based, Remember Me had a great setting and aesthetics but bloody hell was it boring, so maybe they can make something turn based work.

Less interested in this than in the other things DONTNOD has developed, but I'm curious to see how Vampyr turns out. If I remember correctly, Remember Me was originally supposed to be much more RPG-like, so maybe a bunch of those abandoned gameplay ideas are moving to this title?

Pilgrimzero

Just finished Bloodlines for the 3rd time the other day. (Tremere, Malk, Tory).

Already started again as a Gangrel but decided to give Redemption (haven't played it in a long long time) a spin instead.

Hopefully this new game will be akin to Bloodlines, but I doubt it. Fo one it won't have the clans and setting so thats a negative IMO.

Hmm, an RPG? Hopefully it's turn based, Remember Me had a great setting and aesthetics but bloody hell was it boring, so maybe they can make something turn based work.

Kinda thinking the same. Remember Me had such incredible world building, but their systems need to be more than an unpolished first idea concept.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Focus Interactive is like super B-Tier windows Pub. It's not uncommon. Also they've only done one mobile game and it was for Android so I think this is PC only for now.

I imagine it'll follow in the footsteps of Styx and be a downloadable title for the PC/PS4/X1.

I hope this doesn't turn out like ''Dark'' or ''The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing''

I wold love something like ''Vampire The Masquerade Redemption''

Top Bottom