• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GB.fr: NX reveal Sept, ~PS4K HW, cheapest sys, android OS, tons of 3rd party exclusiv

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/59553-la-nintendo-nx-aurait-du-sortir-fin-2016-nos-informations-su

This is my translations of some bits of information coming from Gameblog's own "sources". As usual, take with a grain of salt.

The NX was initially set to release in November 2016. Everything was ready for a for a launch in France, and worldwide.

According to our information, Nintendo had even reserved a lot of publicity space... before backing out. The machine was set to be accompanied by a line-up of 30 games. And then, the plans changed

Even if they'll say otherwise, the arrival of new consoles from Sony and Microsoft also have spooked Nintendo a little.

This time, impossible to release mid-gen, a system that's too far behind. The finals specs of the NX will come close to the PS4 Neo, with component more "up to date" but not top of the line. We were told that Nintendo definitely wasn't part of that kind of race.

According to our sources, 3 major deals with third-party publishers also contributed to the delay... the games were simply not ready. Included in the names mentioned, Capcom and Square-Enix are part of Nintendo's allies in what is considered to be operation "reconquer". A large part of the titles from those editors should release on NX, including a few exclusives.

The overall architecture of the system would be in big parts tied to Android, with Miitomo playing in major part in the structure of the NX itself. Miitomo could even serve as the HUB for games and evolve the interface as time goes.Finally the system could allow up to 8 controller devices to be connected at once. Quite a departure from the single GamePad on Wii U.

Nintendo doesn't want to make the NX too pricey. They wish to stay the most affordable of the 3. But that does not mean the system will be at a discounted price, either.

Our different sources claim the machine is "surprising and interesting". Aside from the reported problems linked to the delay, we haven't heard any negative impressions from developers.

Our sources point to September for the reveal of the NX. Nintendo indeed sounds interested by making an announcement in timing with the Tokyo Game Show.

Neoxon

If true, the Capcom exclusive is likely either Monster Hunter or Mega Man (probably the former).

While I can see Miitomo being tied into the system (big update to Miis with clothing options) I don't see android being part of the system. I also don't think anyone should expect it to be too close to the neo
September reveal sounds likely, though.

Oregano

Oh dear. It's crazy NX thread day.

I'm not sure whether this is remotely true or not but the insanity must stop. Announce it already damnit.

Eolz

Gameblog is legit with some stuff (especially retail), but full-on clickbait with others.

I wouldn't trust power/android but would the third party/SW related stuff. Take it with a big grain of salt indeed.

Outrun

That is whole lot of vagueness right there...

I am wishing Nintendo all the luck in the world. I will buy this when it drops because of 1st party games.

DNAbro

The Neo thing pretty much makes me believe this is 100% false. Anybody expecting a powerful console will be disappointed. They aren't' going to sell anything around the $400 price range. Hell I think $299 might be too much.

It being delayed from this holiday is obvious and a September reveal seems plausible, but I'll take the rest with a grain of salt.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I've heard (other people on Twitter, especially Jackano; he could chime in here as well to explain in more details) the source for this rumours is...well...not that reliable.

Neoxon

I still doubt that the NX Console will be near the Neo in power, so I'll call BS for now unless more info comes out.

"Everything was ready for a for a lunch in French"

Man, I just had some chicken paillard myself. Leftovers from an Eric Ripert recipe. Amazing. I'm sorry they missed their lunch date.

Gameblog.fr = unreliable. It never was reliable. These guys are pro in taking old rumours which sounds accurate to them and "confirm" it with their own twist and own "sources".

LordRaptor

I don't see android being part of the system.

It's sort of plausible in the sense that anyone who doesn't make phones can fork Android and reskin it however they want while ignoring Googles handset alliance pressure to make sure Google services are included on it - which is what stuff like Amazons kindle range or Roku have done.

e:
I'm not sure its Nintendos style though, or if they'd be fine with the security implications after having what, 3 consoles in a row blown wide open?

Glowsquid

Isn't Gameblog infamous for being a trash outlet? Haven't been really following the french video game press in the past years, but that's the impression I got.

The months leading up to whenever Nintendo decides to show off the NX are going to be crazy around here.

That is whole lot of vagueness right there...

I am wishing Nintendo all the luck in the world. I will buy this when it drops because of 1st party games.

We've had Nintendo NX rumor threads that were less specific than this. NeoGAF is great for that kinda stuff. At this point, people are just desperate for information.

This really sounds like a whole lot of fantasy. Even from what Reggie's said about the NX so far, there's nothing to suggest it would be at parity with next year's new line of consoles.

Shiggy

with Miitomo playing in major part in the structure of the NX itself. Miitomo could even serve as the HUB for games

Oh God, please no. We don't need that crap as a hub on a new system. It's one of the worst apps I've ever installed. Not only the content is poor, also the coding (requires his account of space, has lots of loading).

Not sure how credible this is anyway. Didn't they say it's not Android-based?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom