• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

City Shrouded in Shadow details and screens (Godzilla/Evangelion)

A number of giant shadows are attacking the city! One of their forms is… the King of the Monsters!?

A giant shadow closes in on a ship that boarded by the protagonists. And before long, the King of the Monsters appears before them…

He shows up before the protagonists with a huge splash. The King of the Monsters’ chance encounter with mankind. The movement of his giant body shakes the ship. While the ship’s loaded containers fly about, the protagonists’ escape begins.

The protagonists try to escape on motorcycle. There will be various vehicles depending on the stage. Make use of your variety of means to escape from the overwhelming threat.

The “living” threat is approaching the protagonists! The huge monster stomping about the city and tearing up buildings. The people have no choice but to freeze in fear at its overwhelming power.

The difference in scale between humans and the “King of the Monsters” who appeared this time is overwhelming, and every move is certain to be a major threat. However, precisely because humanity is so small in comparison, there is hope. By taking advantage of your small size and maneuverability, it is possible to outsmart the giant shadows. You don’t have any means of actively attacking the giant shadow, given that you’re a regular human being, but using various actions, you can survive the threat.

002jgum5.jpg

003etux6.jpg

005mhuub.jpg

004pcumn.jpg

Heroine, Yuki Kano

A young woman who was waiting for the protagonist at the park when the giant shadow appeared. She is the heroine of this story. Together with the protagonist, she will survive through the giant shadow threat that appeared in the city. She is a little fearful and places great faith in the protagonist during the unprecedented disaster caused by the giant shadows. She is normally carefree and friendly with anyone, and can not leave someone in trouble to themselves.

* Players can change the the starting outfit and hairstyle.
* Outfit and hairstyle can be changed during the game.
* You can choose the protagonist’s relationship with her to be “lover,” “friend,” etc.

00107urd.jpg

006ynur9.jpg

007uauvo.jpg

0080juyc.jpg

A new giant shadow set to appear in this work has been captured. The photograph shows the giant shadow running at full speed in the city during the night. Its atmosphere is different from previous giant shadows… what is next to come for mankind? More in a followup report.

0091oklq.jpg

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/city-shrouded-shadow-details-king-monsters-heroine

Oooooh. Oooh my. Is this basically Disaster Report as a Godzilla/Ultraman/Eva crossover? With possibly more crossovers to come? Is this all legally licensed? What?

I'm really looking forward to this one. It's worrisome that it might not come to the US depending on how many licenses are tied into the game though. I'd expect Godzilla wouldn't be an issue since Bandai Namco published the PS4 game last Summer over here and I'd imagine the Ultraman license couldn't be that hard to bring to North America/Europe. The bit question is whether they can include Evangelion which has never seen a game release outside of Japan. I don't know if Funimation has the exclusive license to all forms of entertainment for the series but hopefully we'll see some solid effort on Bamco's part to bring this over here.

Fury451

Banned
So experience the chaos of a Kaiju fight from the ground?

I love this idea.

Edit:

Yeah, really does have that Disaster Report vibe too as mentioned. That's a good thing.

sensui-tomo

Lets just hope this gets an asian english release so we know we can import it without worrying about license issues over here.

AudioEppa

Dye their hair blonde and bring it over here quick!

This better have a dub cast too. Damn this and disaster report 4 are my high key most anticipated games. Only because it's been so long since playing Raw Danger.

pbayne

What an idea for a game.

Can't wait to see who jobs in the kaiju battles. Godzilla ain't putting anyone over brother.

Pejo

Gold Member
Amazing. These are the kind of things I would have read on Gamefaqs 10 years ago in a pseudo fanfiction/"who would win" thread, but it's actually true. Will import.

Snaku

Banned
Absolutely importing this day one. I have zero confidence it'll ever be localized, but I'll buy it again if it ever is.

Galang

Banned
Looks awesome, but the evangelion license likely means this'll never release over here... Especially after the messy 3.33 release

Tohsaka

I'm really looking forward to this one. It's worrisome that it might not come to the US depending on how many licenses are tied into the game though. I'd expect Godzilla wouldn't be an issue since Bandai Namco published the PS4 game last Summer over here and I'd imagine the Ultraman license couldn't be that hard to bring to North America/Europe. The bit question is whether they can include Evangelion which has never seen a game release outside of Japan. I don't know if Funimation has the exclusive license to all forms of entertainment for the series but hopefully we'll see some solid effort on Bamco's part to bring this over here.

Tales of Zestiria has the Evangelion costumes in the western versions, so it's possible.

sensui-tomo

Looks awesome, but the evangelion license likely means this'll never release over here... Especially after the messy 3.33 release

wasnt that delay in part due to gainax relinquishing the rights to the new owners of the series (whatever the company Anno made is called) and funimation having to renegotiate deals or whatever?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
This is awesome. I don't import many games anymore but I'd definitly consider it for this game if it never got released in the West. Already a ton of characters and creatures I loved are in this already. I can only imagine who else they could add because the potential is crazy. Maybe some other famous Kaiju like Mohtra or Rodan. Hell they could even throw one of the power rangers zords in there or even Voltron.

Irem used to win April 1st every year, this new team instead drops the pretense and just unveils awesome shit for real on that day. A nice change.

The only way this gets better is with a worldwide publishing announcement.

Love the premise of the game. Please don't suck.

BTW, who does Evangelion fight? The Angles?? Good luck running away from their destruction.

Top Bottom