• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Time Dilemma (Zero Escape 3) review thread

What if you have played the games, but have forgotten the details of what goes down? It's been so long since I was glued to my Vita screen playing VLR that I've sorta forgotten all the different pieces of the plot. Any good YouTube summaries or should I just head for a Wiki?
Wiki or the video already linked a few posts ago in this thread will be your best bet.

Hylian7

I put in a support ticket with Amazon. Keep in mind I preordered the day the game was announced.

They told me it was backordered and I will get it "as soon as possible" and should know next week. How the hell is that possible when I was among the first wave of preorders?!

I put in a support ticket with Amazon. Keep in mind I preordered the day the game was announced.

They told me it was backordered and I will get it "as soon as possible" and should know next week. How the hell is that possible when I was among the first wave of preorders?!

I was thinking about that as well, but then i realized that it sold out almost right away. I think everyone who got in on the watch ordered the day of, myself included. They probably took too many orders.

DNAbro

this could mean a few things. Chances are they haven't gotten their shipment yet cause so far nobody has an estimated delivery day.

Wazzy

Banned
We've waited too long for this and it's out next week. I'm so excited and this is my most anticipated game. I'm gonna clear some other games so that I'm ready to play this the moment it arrives.

I also hope that I get the watch. I'm fine if the game ships a little late since I'll just double dip(more support!) but I missed out on previous watches and really want this one.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Does anyone have a concise and relatively short summary of the story of 999 and VLR? I played them years ago and, while I've enjoyed them immensely, I don't have the time to replay them and refresh my knowledge of the plot before ZTD :)

Hylian7

We've waited too long for this and it's out next week. I'm so excited and this is my most anticipated game. I'm gonna clear some other games so that I'm ready to play this the moment it arrives.

I also hope that I get the watch. I'm fine if the game ships a little late since I'll just double dip(more support!) but I missed out on previous watches and really want this one.
I'm still keeping my watch preorder, but if it really is delayed, then I guess I am playing on PC.

According to Amazon, I ordered mine July 7th of last year, and my order is still currently sitting as Delivery date pending.

Having missed out on 999 and VLR's watches, I NEED this watch. Was already planning on getting the Steam version eventually, so, I guess I'm just getting it earlier than expected!

D-Man

I hope the Amazon delay isn't too long. I don't mind waiting a day or two but I really want to get the game and the watch asap. :/

According to Amazon, I ordered mine July 7th of last year, and my order is still currently sitting as Delivery date pending.

Having missed out on 999 and VLR's watches, I NEED this watch. Was already planning on getting the Steam version eventually, so, I guess I'm just getting it earlier than expected!
They don't have their shipment yet. This happens with almost every LE ever.
You'll get your watch. 98% chance of with your game, but if not then Aksys already said they plan to sell them in their store eventually.

Everybody needs to chill about the Amazon delivery date.

tm24

I have both the 3DS and Vita version ordered since i didnt know which i wanted. I still dont know which i want

They don't have their shipment yet. This happens with almost every LE ever.
You'll get your watch. 98% chance of with your game, but if not then Aksys already said they plan to sell them in their store eventually.

Everybody needs to chill about the Amazon delivery date.

Stop being dandy! We need our fix. Only 7 more days until I crawl into my comfy chair and experience the best story since 3 years ago.

After all this backorder stuff going on, I'm glad I decided to go digital for this. I'm playing the moment the game comes out and no later.

Still deciding between PSTV or Steam, though.

takoyaki

review scores from another Japanese magazine, the 4 reviewers of Dengeki Playstation gave the game:

( 85 [recommended] / 85 [recommended] / 80 / 85 )

source

JTripper

Can the Vita version be played on a PS TV? If so I might get that version for the trophies and if the gameplay isn't significantly worse than on 3DS.

After all this backorder stuff going on, I'm glad I decided to go digital for this. I'm playing the moment the game comes out and no later.

Still deciding between PSTV or Steam, though.

I'm also debating. I'd like to get the preorder novel and mini-ost Steam offers, but PSTV is the way I went for VLR.

I'll most likely pick PSTV.

h0tp0ck3t

Anybody order the watch edition from gamestop? it looks like they are billing me twice for the game. Once for Zero Escape 3 once for Zero Time Dilemma. Weird and I don't want to make any changes for fear it gets canceled

Edit: Nevermind I refreshed the page and now it only shows one charge

takoyaki

is the watch version sold out everywhere?

right now, it's sold out. amazon and gamestop were the only two places where you could preorder it almost a year ago. You should check both websites when ZTD launches, some people must have canceled their orders over the last year and amazon typically makes those available all at once on launch day.

Aksys also mentioned that there are plans to sell the watches from 999, VLR and ZTD separately and that no one should throw money at ebay just yet.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Does the PAL/Europe version have an English dub this time around or do I have to import like I did VLR?

It does. This time Aksys are publishing it.
The tradeoff is that it's digital only in EU.

The Hermit

2457843-zero+escape+vol.+2_+virtue's+last+reward.jpg

oh god

I am still not ready

another zero escape game, holy shit

Is the 3DS much worse than the Steam one? If not that's probably my version to go

takoyaki

Is the 3DS much worse than the Steam one? If not that's probably my version to go

Graphically the 3DS version is the weakest of the three and it doesn't support the 3D effect. But of course there's the nostalgia factor of playing a ZE game on a DS. Best to judge for yourself:

Comparison between the three versions (3 min. gameplay trailer in Japanese):
3DS
Vita
Steam

The Hermit

Graphically the 3DS version is the weakest of the three and it doesn't support the 3D effect. But there's always the nostalgia factor of playing a ZE game on a DS. Best to judge for yourself:

Comparison between the three versions[3 min. gameplay trailer in Japanese]:
3DS
Vita
Steam

fuck it

3DS version it is

I won't feel fine playing a ZE game on the PC

JTripper

How does the Vita version play? Same as VLR? Curious since playing on a PS TV might be awkward if touch controls are involved at all.

Cyframe

As much as I would like to have the entire series on DS systems, the yellowing of the 3DS version is off putting, so I'll be getting the Vita version.

I have a question though, has any new music been showcased? I've mainly heard remixes. I hope each puzzle room has their own distinct theme, otherwise it wouldn't be Zero Escape to me.

Top Bottom