• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber & Streamer Ninja diagnosed with cancer at 32

Draugoth

Gold Member
1_US-ESPORT-FORTNITE-NINJA-TWITCH-MIXER.jpg

Professional gamer and YouTuber Ninja, also known as Tyler Blevins, revealed that he was diagnosed with melanoma.

The 32-year-old wrote on Twitter : "

Alright I’m still in a bit of shock but want to keep you all updated. A few weeks ago I went in to a dermatologist for an annual skin/mole check that Jess proactively scheduled for me."

"I had another dark spot appear near it, so today they biopsied that and removed a larger area around the melanoma with the hopes that under the microscope they will see clear non-melanoma edges and we will know we got it. I’m grateful to have hope in finding this early, but please take this as a PSA to get skin checkups."

Melanoma is "is a kind of skin cancer that starts in the melanocytes. Melanocytes are cells that make the pigment that gives skin its color. The pigment is called melanin," according to Mayo Clinic. Typically, it is found on sun-exposed skin, but can appear in the eyes or, rarely, inside the body.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
My father had some variation of skin cancer on his forehead. He spent decades working in the sun in California as a roofer, so he thinks that caused it. They removed that patch of skin and it's now been about 15yrs since then and he's doing fine. Hope for the best for Ninja.

Last edited:

Aesius

It's a legit question though.

My stepdad and stepbrother are the only ones in our family to get the jab (my mom, 2 sisters and me didn't).
My stepdad got diagnosed with prostate cancer a year later.
Got treated and now it's back.

Make of it what you will.

OT:

Sucks for Ninja.
How old is your step dad? Men getting prostate cancer isn't a question of if but when.

Ozriel

M$FT

My stepdad and stepbrother are the only ones in our family to get the jab (my mom, 2 sisters and me didn't).

OT:

Sucks for Ninja.

Women can’t get Prostate cancer. The chances of Prostate cancer goes up in men the older you get, especially when your cross 40.

there’s no need to dwell on the ‘jab’ theory.

MiguelItUp

Sure it is, but things can also just happen, it's life. If you're genuinely curious ask doctors and/or medical professionals. The most important part is to be in touch and aware of your body, get yearly check ups, etc. Especially the older you get, and even more so if it exists anywhere in your family. Cancer can move extremely fast, some more so than others, do not waste time.

Fuck cancer. Fuck it so much.

Last edited:

phant0m

Very treatable if caught early, best of luck to him.

My grandfather had a melanoma and lived for 30 more years into his 80s.

Puscifer

Twitter: "derp derp did he get the JAB derp derp!"
I can't believe I'm fighting my brother on this subject right now. He really believes it killed our Mom and that it "reactivated her cancer"

OT:

Sucks for Ninja.

This post reads like that old family guy cutaway joke about some guy Peter knowing getting a vaccine and then getting herpes 10 years later.

Gudji

Only once did I go to the dermatologist to check one mole that suddenly grown in size, thankfully the doctor said it was nothing out of the ordinary.
I should really start doing annual check-ups at the hospital despite not going that much to be the beach and being exposed to sun over long periods because I have hundreds of moles in my body (some really smallish others big).
I've read somewhere that people with a lot of moles have higher risk of getting skin cancer.

Btw not a big fan of the dude but obviously I wish him well nobody should have to go through that disease.

Last edited:

Sephimoth

Many such cases, especially since [CENSORED BY PFIZER]

Joking of course. No evidence for. (None against either)

Hope it clears.

Last edited:

Interfectum

We had issues selling our house a couple years ago... went on for months. The day after my mother in law buried the statue, the house sold.

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I know it's all bullshit but it did give me pause and now she is even more sure than ever that it works.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
# FUCK CANCER

OT:

Sucks for Ninja.

Nah man, just nah.

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Fuck cancer. Leukemia stole like 6 years of my youth. I wish Ninja the best. 💙

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Fuck cancer! I got a funeral for a 36 year old coming up and the guy was an absolute legend.

I'll say it again...Fuck Cancer!

Top Bottom