• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your most wanted "Missing In Action" games

Metroid Prime 4 - There's no game I'd rather have in my hands right now. Nintendo fucked up by not having Retro developing it from the start. I do expect this to finally get shown next year.

Bayonetta 3 - Stunned that we haven't seen this in almost 4 years. I feel like Platinum has spread themselves too thin...

Ghost Story/Ken Levine new game - I know it's a small team, but they've been working on it for a long time now.

System Shock 3 - Seemed to be going well, then Starbreeze had to drop out as publisher, then most (all?) of the team got laid off, and then Tencent took over and that's all we know. Not feeling good about this one.

Miegakure - "4D" indie puzzle game which has seemingly been "hoping to be done soon" for about a decade. Sadly I doubt it will ever get finished.

The Talos Principle 2 - I keep forgetting that this actually was announced at one point several years back. Allegedly in full development now since releasing the new Serious Sam.

bender

What time is it?
8DSWLwB.jpg

'90s Super GP. High thrill arcade racers are sadly in short supply in today's day and age, and this one looks like it would fill that void admirably. I've been so damn excited for this for a long time, but unfortunately, I feel like it's eventually going to get cancelled at this point.

Cruis'N Blast is coming to the Switch this year, at least.

Cruis'N Blast is coming to the Switch this year, at least.
Absolutely! I love the Cruis'n series, so this is a game I'm very hyped for.

And believe it or not, Hot Wheels Unleashed unironically looks freaking awesome!

Hopefully we can see a little renaissance for these types of games.

bender

What time is it?
Absolutely! I love the Cruis'n series, so this is a game I'm very hyped for.

And believe it or not, Hot Wheels Unleashed unironically looks freaking awesome!

Hopefully we can see a little renaissance for these types of games.

I really haven't check out Hot Wheels but the fact that there are three different editions of the game is a turn off.

$89.99 just seems crazy for a new series. The Snoopy and TMNT cars look hot though.
I will agree with that. They should have made the basic edition $30, the collectors edition $40, and the ultimate edition $50-$60.

That ridiculous pricing is going to turn many people off sadly. I myself will probably wait until a price drop.

bender

What time is it?
I will agree with that. They should have made the basic edition $30, the collectors edition $40, and the ultimate edition $50-$60.

That ridiculous pricing is going to turn many people off sadly. I myself will probably wait until a price drop.

There are pre-order cars though. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also, BestBuy has Cruis'N up for $39.99 and it comes with a $10 gift card.

Most games get canceled for a reason. There are games I sincerely hope to see, like Pikmin 4 and Tekken vs Street Fighter, but I'd rather them come out fully baked, or not at all.

I'm never at a shortage of things to play these days.

Dane

8DSWLwB.jpg

'90s Super GP. High thrill arcade racers are sadly in short supply in today's day and age, and this one looks like it would fill that void admirably. I've been so damn excited for this for a long time, but unfortunately, I feel like it's eventually going to get cancelled at this point.
I've remember reading something about Nicalis buying the project from Pelikan, and for some reason they didn't release it, it was mentioned something about Nicalis being scummy and having a bad fame of constantly delaying games they were just set to publish.

Nope, had to Google it. I've not played PC games since Morrowind. Looks interesting though, like it took inspiration from Future Cop: LAPD.
I didn't ever play the strike games but I did play brigador and from what I've seen it seems to have that same hit and run behind enemy lines style gameplay. For instance you can take a tiny lightly armored vehicle and exclusively take potshots from behind destructible cover and lay down smoke for camouflage, it's great!

T8SC

I didn't ever play the strike games but I did play brigador and from what I've seen it seems to have that same hit and run behind enemy lines style gameplay. For instance you can take a tiny lightly armored vehicle and exclusively take potshots from behind destructible cover and lay down smoke for camouflage, it's great!

This is why the Strike series needs to make a return. :messenger_sunglasses: Fun games are in short supply.

Cravis

Future Strike.

Don't talk to me about Future Cop: LAPD
Dammit the teaser at the end of Nuclear Strike still gets me pumped. This is only clip I could find. Missing the last 2-3 seconds with the epic shot of the mech running at the screen firing the gun.

Last edited:

T8SC

Dammit the teaser at the end of Nuclear Strike still gets me pumped. This is only clip I could find. Missing the last 2-3 seconds with the epic shot of the mech running at the screen firing the gun.

Synchronicity threshold crossed at 0100 hours. General, there's some bad business going down.

Quasicat

When I was in high school, all I wanted was the sequel to StarFox. I remember getting an EGM that had a preview for it and I poured over that page trying to see any new details that were to be uncovered. Then, it disappeared and there was nothing else said of it. When the Super NES Classic was announced with it, I picked it up as soon as I could find one.

cktomfC.jpg

So, for me, dreams do come true.

molasar

Banned
When I was in high school, all I wanted was the sequel to StarFox. I remember getting an EGM that had a preview for it and I poured over that page trying to see any new details that were to be uncovered. Then, it disappeared and there was nothing else said of it. When the Super NES Classic was announced with it, I picked it up as soon as I could find one.

cktomfC.jpg

So, for me, dreams do come true.

It would be nice to see SNES' version of Wing Commander 2 too.

Final Fantasy Tactics 2. The Matsuno legacy that will never be.
Granted, I'm not really familiar with the FFT series, but what about FFTA and FFTA2?
I've remember reading something about Nicalis buying the project from Pelikan, and for some reason they didn't release it, it was mentioned something about Nicalis being scummy and having a bad fame of constantly delaying games they were just set to publish.
Such a shame. I've heard quite a few Nicalis horror stories, yet they have published quite a few great games. Why do devs keep working with those scumbags when they have such a bad reputation?

engstra

9M9vHKq.png

It's still up on the official Rockstar website - https://www.rockstargames.com/games/agent

''Agent takes players on a paranoid journey into the world of counter-intelligence, espionage and political assassinations during the height of the Cold War at the end of the 1970's.''

It would have been(will be?) great.
As much as I would love for that to come out some point, it just isn't happening. I believe they've even said that they incorporated the work they'd done on it into GTAV.

For my pick, I don't think anyone's mentioned Wild yet. Apparently it is still happening with concept art popping up earlier this year

Top Bottom