• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite mukbanger(s)

GeekyDad

I don't watch a lot of these, but I enjoy the ones that are more quick reviews of restaurant food. Jimmy O. Yang (comedian/co-star Silicon Valley) has done a few on his channel. He doesn't eat 'til he's sick, just gobbles 'til he's full -- gives a quick review. It's mostly various kinds of Asian foods, which I have a weakness for.

I also used to enjoy the awkward kid who reviews fast food, and the pizza guy who reviews...well, pizza. But I'm trying to stay away from junk foods, as these foods get me focusing on that, and I definitely don't need that.

Your favorite mukbanger(s)/food reviewer(s)?

Amory

Not my favorite category of video, but I can sometimes appreciate the transparently fake ridiculous drama of Nikocado Avocado.

Tschumi

Best broth is miso based! Get yourselves an authentic miso base Japanese take on the Chinese tantanmen.. creamy redefined

I like when this guy imitates Japanese variety show taste testers

Last edited:

GeekyDad

This is another channel I like. He's kind of less of a reviewer and more just shows you some of the more interesting and tasty places to check out in Japan.

He does offer feedback, often very much not enjoying some of the things he tries, but what I enjoy most is that there is no talking in his videos, just annotations. So, I turn the volume down low. He travels around, so you get the whole experience. And most of what he's showing off is stuff I've yet to be able to try or even heard of.

GeekyDad

I don't understand this trend.... I mean... It's supposed to be fun?
For me, it's living vicariously through them, I guess. My wife and I treat ourselves once a month to the foods we consider "bad for you." The rest of the month -- for me, at least -- I eat very responsibly. Plus, it's just enjoyable for me to watch. And of course, right now I'm stuck at home, so it's particularly entertaining.

Last edited:

Korean version of this dude
wrestlemania vii wrestling GIF by WWE

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
tenor.gif

you all deserve a good knocking on the head.
Those vids are horrendous. Fatties spending hundred of dollars on junk food, fatties spending hundred dollars on good product just to drown it in shitty sauce. I won't even talk about clam girl

(the old school korean laughing guy gets a pass because he's a cool cat)

GeekyDad

You probably didn't mean any harm, but this video was absolutely disgusting. The image popped into my mind as I was eating and I spat the food out. You need to put these in spoiler tags to avoid making people uncomfortable.
It definitely is some...bizarre shit, no doubt. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

You probably didn't mean any harm, but this video was absolutely disgusting. The image popped into my mind as I was eating and I spat the food out. You need to put these in spoiler tags to avoid making people uncomfortable.

I'll spoiler it, lol. Although I literally couldn't stop laughing when I watched it. I guess I don't see how it is disturbing. It's just so bizarre and blatant I can't take it seriously enough to be grossed out. Her slapping the geoduck :pie_roffles:

I'll spoiler it, lol. Although I literally couldn't stop laughing when I watched it. I guess I don't see how it is disturbing. It's just so bizarre and blatant I can't take it seriously enough to be grossed out. Her slapping the geoduck :pie_roffles:
Slimy ass phallic food 🤢. Would gross anybody out.

GeekyDad

watching someone eat just makes me want to eat, so i don't watch any of them.
No doubt. I definitely limit myself of how much of that I watch. When I first went on leave, out of boredom I was watching a lot more of this stuff. But yeah, I've noticed it quickly creates a fixation. So, stopped watching the ones with more explicit junk food, and watching them as often.

GeekyDad

That shit is gross and the embodiment of what's wrong with our society in the west
Not gonna argue with you there. I personally don't watch the ones where people gorge themselves. I do, however, dig learning about new foods, or getting reviews about good stuff. But yeah, the gluttony isn't my thing.

Top Bottom