• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You know you are getting older when

Brigandier

Can tell I'm getting old when I'm "one and done" these days 😱

Taking forever or not recovering from injuries at all that would be healed in a few weeks in my 20s.

My PSone and DC have started to yellow lol, Guess it's time to get the peroxide out.

I only have to look at dessert and my belly looks like uncle bucks.

BlackTron

Yes.
This is true.
Should of bought a Megadrive.
Black don't crack.

I did and I love how the games also came in black cases that still hold up today. Unlike those flimsy boxes. SNES stuff was made to age quickly. That said, it's telling how powerful its game library was that nothing else really mattered in the end. It's hard to regret getting a Super Nintendo no matter what color it turned or how much admittedly cooler SEGA was.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Last night I saw a commercial for a local grocery store showcasing butter and was like "oooh that's a good price!"

So getting excited about that would be my answer.
Yeah, that’s a good sign.

Mine is that when I walk through the mall my wife says I frown at all the youths dressed like morons… I did before of course but now I don’t care if they see me doing it

Billbofet

Spent last weekend with my best friend.
He has had his iPhone for over three years and still has the default wallpaper and ringtone. He also at one point used the phrase "you can't argue with the reliability" when discussing the possible purchase of a Toyota SUV/people box with wheels - forgot the name as they are all the same and equally boring to me.

Romulus

I've started looking at all the ages in a similar way because we're all here such a short time. Teenagers all the way to 50s, 70s even. The reality life moves so fast we we're on the fast track just at different points. You think you're young, but you're really slightly behind before it takes off and you're just like everyone else "what happened to my youth??" It's gone.

jm89

You are walking around town with your niece and telling what stores and restaurants used to be there.
This is why google street view will be amazing in the distant future.

Just imagine looking back in 20-30 years. At my current home, google street has a captured nearly every one of my cars other then my current car, will be cool looking back at that.

Last edited:

-Minsc-

how dare you picard GIF
When that movie which released when you were 15 is now over 26 years old.
You could try taking saw palmetto. Or get your prostate checked.
That first prostate exam is rapidly getting closer every year.

Hoddi

My favorite part about turning 45 was finding out that my birthday was equally distant from 1932. Hitler had yet to be made chancellor at that time.

That was a really fun thought experiment.

Top Bottom