• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You know what the best part of the MTV VMAs was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
When Dave Chappelle came out and was introducing Fat Joe and the like, before he finished he said "is there anything you people don't like?" Hahaha, the reaction was absolutely dead. Nobody understood that Dave just cracked on everybody in the audience, including MTV. He just kind of grinned at the stupidity of the crowd and left. That shit was priceless.

When it ended.

winnar.png

AlphaSnake said:
When Dave Chappelle came out and was introducing Fat Joe and the like, before he finished he said "is there anything you people don't like?" Hahaha, the reaction was absolutely dead. Nobody understood that Dave just cracked on everybody in the audience, including MTV. He just kind of grinned at the stupidity of the crowd and left. That shit was priceless.

I might actually sit through that shit just to watch that one moment.

Trevelyon

All I saw of it was Good Charlotte doing the best vgm soundtrack & true crime being one of the nominees & I flicked channel straight away.

Diablos

I LIKED THE FACT THAT LINKEN PARK WON THE VIEWERES CHOICES AWARED.

IT STARTS WITH

ON3 THNG

I DON’T KNOW Y. IT DOASN’T EVEN MAT3R HOW HARD U TRY.

KEP TAHT IN MIND / I DESIGN3D THIS RHYME
2 EXPLANE IN DUE TIEM

ALL

I

NOE

TIEM IS A VALUABL3 THNG
WATCH IT FLY BY AS DA P3NDULUM SWNGS
WATCH IT COUNT DOWN 2 DA AND OF DA DA CLOK TIKS LIEF AWAY

IT’S

SO

UN

REAL

DIDN’T LOK OUT BLOW
WATCH DA TIEM GO RIGHT OUT DA WINDOW
TRYNG 2 HOLD ON / BUT DIDN’T EVEN KNOW
WASTAD IT AL JUST 2

WATCH

U

GO

I KAPT 3VARYTHNG INSIED AND 3VAN THOUGH I TREID IT AL F3L APARTE
WUT IT M3ANT 2 ME WIL EV3NTUALY B A MEMORY OF A TIEM WHAN I TREID

SO HARD

AND GOT SO FAR

BUT IN DA 3ND

IT DOESNT 3VAN MATAR

I HAD 2 FAL

2 LOS3 IT AL

BUT IN DA AND

IT DO3SNT 3V3N MATER

ONE THNG

I DON’T KNOW Y

IT DOESN’T 3VEN MATER HOW HARD U TRY
KEP TAHT IN MIND I DESIGN3D THIS RHYME
2 RAMIND MYSELF HOW
I

TREID

SO

HARD.

IN SPIET OF DA WAY U WAR3 MOKNG MA
ACTNG LIEK I WAS PART OF UR PROP3RTY
RAM3MBRNG AL DA TIEMS U FOUGHT WIT ME
I’M SURPRIESD IT GOT SO FAR
THNGS AERN’T TEH WAY THEY WARA U WUDN’T AVEN RECOGNIEZ M3 ANYMORE
NOT TAHT U NU M3 BAK THAN
BUT IT AL COMES BAK 2 MA

IN

TEH

END.

U KAPT EVERYTHNG INSIED AND AVEN THOUGH I TREID IT AL F3L WUT IT MAANT 2 MA WIL EV3NTUALY B A MEMORY OF A TIEM WHEN I

I TREID SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN TEH 3ND
IT DOASN’T EVEN MATER
I HAD 2 FAL
2 LOSE IT AL
BUT IN TEH END
IT DOESN’T AVAN MAT3R

IVE PUT MAH TRUST IN U AS FAR AS I CAN GO
FOR AL THEYRE ONLY ON3 THNG U SHUD KNOW

IVE PUT MAH TRUST IN U!!!!!!
AS FAR AS I CAN GO!!!!!
FOR AL THEIRS!!!! TERES ONLY ON3 THNG U SHUD KNOW!!!!!!

I TREID SO HARD
AND GOT SO FAR
BUT IN DA AND
IT DOASN’T AVEN MATER
I HAD 2 FAL
2 LOSE IT AL
BUT IN TEH AND
IT DOESN’T AVEN MAT3R...

KingGondo

Banned
That was the single most worthless three hours I've EVER spent. Nothing happened, nobody did anything shocking, the Polyphonic Spree went completely unappreciated, the idea of a hostless show went over great :rolleyes, and Yellowcard beat Franz Ferdinand for the MTV2 award.

Trevelyon said:
All I saw of it was Good Charlotte doing the best vgm soundtrack & true crime being one of the nominees & I flicked channel straight away.

They have a game catagory? What were the other nominees? Or do I even want to know?

Yellowcard? How does 'punk' band + tired gimmick = good? I don't understand these shows.

Oh well, people can like what they want. I'm perfectly content hunting out my music without the help of television lol.

Jim Bowie

What was Yellowcard's tired gimmick? Not saying that I'm particularly for YC's pop-punk stylings, but I'm not sure I understand.

Also, MuchMusic is super rad.

Jim Bowie said:
What was Yellowcard's tired gimmick? Not saying that I'm particularly for YC's pop-punk stylings, but I'm not sure I understand.

Also, MuchMusic is super rad.

Electric violin

Based on my experience, all the people I have met that tried to get me into Yellowcard brought up one thing: they have a violinist. When I questioned them about it, it came off as if they were completely unaware that there are countless rock songs with string accompaniments.

Trevelyon

FortNinety said:
They have a game catagory? What were the other nominees? Or do I even want to know?

From what I've read it was SSX 3, THUG, True Crime and NFS:U. With THUG taking it out, which of course has nothing to do with Tony Hawk being in attendance.

Bigfoot

Muchmusic was super rad three years ago. Now it's nothing more than an MTV wanabe, playing MTV shows and crap that's like "Lifestyles of the rich and famous" for teenagers. I don't think they even play music anymore. Even MuchMoreMusic plays about 1/3 of the music they used to play.

MIMIC

Banned
Didn't much MuchMusic change into "FUSE" or something?

BTW, no Britney + No Madonna + No Justin + No Eminem + No Host + No New York + PG entertainment = worst VMAs in history (a.k.a. The 2004 MTV Video Music Awards).

Shit like that defines the show each year.

It's almost inconceivable that televised entertainment could be more worthless than this. I marvel at its worthlessness. Must be an Emmy in there somewhere.

Well MuchMusic has MuchRetro, MuchVibe and MuchLoud as well now :)

And Much still has many shows that show music videos
top 10's
takeover
90's show
countdown
combatzone

Matlock

Banned
Semjaza Azazel said:
Yellowcard? How does 'punk' band + tired gimmick = good? I don't understand these shows.

Oh well, people can like what they want. I'm perfectly content hunting out my music without the help of television lol.

Yellowcard rocks! Don't hate!

MIMIC said:
Didn't much MuchMusic change into "FUSE" or something?

BTW, no Britney + No Madonna + No Justin + No Eminem + No Host + No New York + PG entertainment = worst VMAs in history (a.k.a. The 2004 MTV Video Music Awards).

Shit like that defines the show each year.

I had friends from Canada who used to tell me how awesome MuchMusic was, and when it became Pule, it became available here in NYC, so I watched a bit and had to ask them "This is better than MTV? It's the same shit!" And so then I heard of all the changes and the such.

BTW, why was the VMA moved to Florida? Wasn't this year the award's 10 year anniversary? You'd think they do something special in NYC.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
FortNinety said:
I had friends from Canada who used to tell me how awesome MuchMusic was, and when it became Pule, it became available here in NYC, so I watched a bit and had to ask them "This is better than MTV? It's the same shit!" And so then I heard of all the changes and the such.

BTW, why was the VMA moved to Florida? Wasn't this year the award's 10 year anniversary? You'd think they do something special in NYC.

Because of the Republican National Convention in NYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom