• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yandere Simulator Dev Denies Grooming Allegations, Admits To "Inappropriate" Conversations

Draugoth

Gold Member
yandere-dev.jpg
"Last year an extremely serious allegation was made about me that I would like to address," says Mahan, opening the video. "The accusation is that I attempted to groom an underage fan of my game. I will take accountability and admit that I did discuss inappropriate topics with the fan. However, the accusation that I deliberately attempted to groom this fan is false."

Alex Mahan (AKA Yandere Dev) has responded to allegations of inappropriate behaviour with a fan. In a 15-minute YouTube video, Mahan denies the claim that he intentionally groomed the fan, but admits to engaging in "inappropriate" conversations of a sexual nature with her when he knew she was 16 years old.

Mahan then continues to give his side of the story from beginning to end, admitting that the fan immediately told him that she was 16. Despite Mahan being 35 years old, he says he had no issue with her age, arguing that he had friends "in their 20s and 30s" when he was a minor. He goes on to say that their initial conversations were "normal", but that the fan had an "adult sense of humour."

He then claims that, at some point, the fan reached out to a YouTuber, intending to eventually expose their conversations. Their text and audio chats were then recorded, but Mahan argues that the YouTuber was "coaching" the fan in how to speak with him, trying to "manipulate" him into saying "things that would make [him] look bad".

This "code" still remains the most offensive thing he has ever done.

EcbM4PGWsAA-gfN.jpg
EcbMe5WWoAAspQ5.jpg
EcbM_ODXgAUMZka.jpg
Are u kidding me ?
Want more "else" ? Lol
It's all the same shit...

This guy is a fraud. I knew about this game, but im shocked with this...Look that code man...

And this is from the latest build ? He has/had a patreon to "improve" the game lmao!

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Had already forgotten about this, but wasn't this the case where the "victim" already came out against the allegations and said she wasn't a victim of anything?
And it was basically someone else trying to cancel him?

fake edit:
yeah seems that was the case:
I do NOT think that Dev is a groomer, I do NOT feel traumatized by him, and I am making this post to say that I OPPOSE what Ally is doing, and no matter what she does to try to protect my identity she is still harming me by releasing this video!!!

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Probably a good idea to link the original video too.

Not defending him, but I suppose it's better to see the message directly, instead of through someone else's lens.

Last edited:

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
Didn't he already admitted that he did something wrong? Now he is walking back?

Be careful interacting with minors out there guys, specially in the internet, it can your life way beyond you imagine it being possible.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
Had already forgotten about this, but wasn't this the case where the "victim" already came out against the allegations and said she wasn't a victim of anything?

fake edit:
There were multiple minors he worked with.

Apart from her, dottovu also had a role in yandere sim in 2019. Both Caitlin Myers and Dottovu are actually co-workers now as they are the vtubers Nerrissa Ravencroft and Kronii in hololive's EN branch. So, you can assume Dottovu shares the same view on yandere dev as Caitlin Myers even if she is not as outspoken.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

... Ok and?
Those tweets just show someone outraged by allegations, but the actual "victim" in the matters has already said it's bs.
That "someone" was a minor who had many major VA roles in the game. Just look up "Caitlin Myers yandere sim".
Why does yandere dev hire these minors?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
That "someone" was a minor who had many major VA roles in the game.
who cares, she's not the "victim"
The guy said himself he had inappropriate conversations, seriously mate read the information available.
I did, more than most people I reckon, he's obviously making some kind of apology because people were coming after him, the victim herself has said these allegations are false:
I decided that the whole thing was blowing up in a really stupid way and told everyone involved that I didn't want them to use my (illegally taken) recordings to make a video anymore. Ally really wants release the video though so she keeps trying to manipulate me into thinking that I am a grooming victim. Even after I revoked my consent and told her to stop multiple times she still plans to release the video I do NOT think that Dev is a groomer, I do NOT feel traumatized by him, and I am making this post to say that I OPPOSE what Ally is doing, and no matter what she does to try to protect my identity she is still harming me by releasing this video!!!

Bernkastel

fake edit:
she also admitted to not writing these statements.

GCYLZJYWYAAn74y

GCZ_TyyXMAAtuKL

GC2OYCZWcAEbr0Q
GC2OYCcX0AALtoS
GC2OYCbWQAAQ1cY
GC2OYCbWgAA2ZwU
GC2OYx6WsAAQjmN
GC2OYxyW4AEsSea
GC2OYx0WQAA6Ehg
GC2OYx1WIAAzMfX

GC2OZvVXIAAqn7G

GC2OaS3XQAAyoXG
GC2OaS7XEAAv7zK

GC2ObTCW0AAmDCn
GC2ObTCXEAEfXWW

GC4pXyiWYAEVJa8

GC4pYVaWkAAJuLG
GC4pYVYWQAAnJOB
GC4pYVWWgAADWba
GC4pYVZW4AEEsJo

Looking up the original video where the conversations were leaked

From 3:31. He calls her cute and they start talking about genitalia and then OnlyFans. Why the fuck is an adult having this conversation with a minor about these things (context does not matter)? Regardless of what that minor thinks now, yandere dev is the adult here who is supposed to stop this discussion. I gave you the example of Caitlin Myers because she is an adult who worked with him when she was a minor. The victim in this case is still a minor who does not know she is not supposed to talk about genitalia with an adult male (and the adult in question didn't stop her).

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
What kind of 35yr old man wants anything to do with a 16yr old, let alone discuss inappropriate shit?

Dude’s a fucking weirdo.

Shifty1897

Every guy makes the mistake of trusting a teenage girl and gets burned. Most of us figure that out BEFORE we're adults though.

If you haven't figured that out by 35, you are delusional.

Top Bottom