• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza 7 runs at 900p 60fps on Series S? Is this true or BS?

CobraXT

Banned
Lets wait and see how the PS5 perform in this game before console warning .. i bet a lot of people
will be disappointed

Alebrije

DIRT 5 runs 60 fps 900p on Series S

It seems will be the norm on that console...total Next Gen...but again it seems the S is for casual non graphic hungry players....

Last edited:

CrysisFreak

Banned
The only thing that should matter to us is the performance of PS5 and Series X, hopefully with a small difference.
Fellow PS fans who gives a fuck about the casuals? They don't care about this too much anyway.
Also, 900p60 does not surprise considering the engine the hardware lmao.
Just chill.

InDaGulag

You'd think devs would optimize outdated engines by now. Oh well. I doubt most people won't care as long as the frame rate is a stable 30.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
I don't think I would take a Series S from someone for free, let alone buy it.

But... if you're upgrading from the One S... which ran most games at "dynamic" 900p, 25-30fps, blurry details... Series S at 900p, 60fps, good details, is a pretty big upgrade. Or you can go 1440p or 1080p with a solid 30fps and good settings. I guarantee this game will look and run a lot better than the Kiwami 2 or whatever does on One S.

Last edited:
I'll believe it when its out
Let's wait on this one.... On the other hand the series x showcases so far points more in the direction of a switch level of performance than that of a high end gaming PC for whatever reason... Not sure which company has the worst marketing team, but the race to the bottom is pretty interesting so far.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
900p is now ok? This thread is probably backward compatible to 1990's.

the-old-tv.jpg

There are unironically people in this thread who think the PS5 might be pushing double the speed of the XSX because of some kind of secret sauce Cerny mentioned in the PS5 reveal video. This is your brain on fanboyism.

mcjmetroid

I really don't think a cheap console running a badly optimised game at 900p in 60fps is that bad.

I'm fairly sure it can reach way higher at 30fps..

And I think the fact it matches the frames of the X is a testament that Microsoft's strategy could work.

Top Bottom