• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSX controller on the PS5

is this possible? considering picking up a PS5 but I can't go back to using a PS controller after using a xsx controller. I refuse to go back to using symmetrical analog sticks. and yes, I've tried a ps5 controller. I have the same issues I had with the ps3 and ps4. I find the layout incredibly uncomfortable and doesn't allow the same degree of comfort and control asymmetrical analog sticks provide.

if this is possible, is there input lag? thanks in advance

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
is this possible? considering picking up a PS5 but I can't go back to using a PS controller after using a xsx controller. I refuse to go back to using symmetrical analog sticks. and yes, I've tried a ps5 controller. I have the same issues I had with the ps3 and ps4. I find the layout incredibly uncomfortable and doesn't allow the same degree of comfort and control asymmetrical analog sticks provide.

if this is possible, is there input lag? thanks in advance
Bullshit. Be a man. You can do it. Millions upon millions people accomplish this very difficult feet. Neogaf is not the place to tell us you can't do something. You CAN.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Only via remote play, but, remote play works pretty well.
This is true.

Dualsense has a "validation" chip that checks with PS5 every 5 minutes (I think) if it's a "compatible" controller.

I use Xbox controller on PC and Dualsense on PS5. Adapting to new controllers through 30+ years is like riding different bikes.

James Franco GIF

This is true.

Dualsense has a "validation" chip that checks with PS5 every 5 minutes (I think) if it's a "compatible" controller.

I use Xbox controller on PC and Dualsense on PS5. Adapting to new controllers through 30+ years is like riding different bikes.

James Franco GIF
I had a ps3 and ps4 so I'm used to the controller. I just don't like it.

oh I can do plenty of things. I'm just too old to waste my time doing stuff I don't enjoy.
That's why I'm glad we're slowly moving to a point where crossplay is a standard and nearly everything can be compatible with anything, even if it's with a use of a tool. So many people here and elsewhere have wasted so many years arguing over controllers.

It just feels good to just play whatever you want, however you want.

That's why I'm glad we're slowly moving to a point where crossplay is a standard and nearly everything can be compatible with anything, even if it's with a use of a tool. So many people here and elsewhere have wasted so many years arguing over controllers.

It just feels good to just play whatever you want, however you want.
I mostly agree. I do think cross play with FPS games could be problematic. I was solely a PC gamer for a long, long time. the advantage of kmb over a controller is basically like using a cheat code.

the only FPS game I play nowadays is Overwatch but I believe some FPS games are pushing cross play and including PC players? can't imagine what that's like.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
This is a pussy ass reason to want this. You buy a PS5 and you get a controller. If you happen to have one or more Xbox controllers in addition to that, then sure bitch that you can't use it and have to pay the Sony tax for the shitty controller alternative for local multiplayer, but to cry about not being able to adapt for the once every 6-8 month Sony exclusive, that is fucking weak.

BlackTron

Yeah it's a bad problem. To the extent that the bad controller has pretty much killed Playstation as a platform for me since its inception.

It didn't stop me from buying PS systems, suffering through the bad controllers to play games I really wanted, or trying to solve the problem over the course of years with varying solutions.

I never successfully solved the problem and I'm too old for this shit.

This is a pussy ass reason to want this. You buy a PS5 and you get a controller. If you happen to have one or more Xbox controllers in addition to that, then sure bitch that you can't use it and have to pay the Sony tax for the shitty controller alternative for local multiplayer, but to cry about not being able to adapt for the once every 6-8 month Sony exclusive, that is fucking weak.
777a7d9bc9b4c4af79f32945da1630b5.gif

was just wondering if this is possible given I already have xsx controllers. this is just video games you don't need to get so serious.

See if you can find a compatible PS5 controller with asymmetrical sticks.

Only works with PS4 games on PS5. All major games on PS5 has been updated to validate the controller every 5 minutes.
oh so the article mentioned above doesn't even work? am I reading this right?

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
777a7d9bc9b4c4af79f32945da1630b5.gif

was just wondering if this is possible given I already have xsx controllers. this is just video games you don't need to get so serious.

oh so the article mentioned above doesn't even work? am I reading this right?
There Is no reasonable solution. I had to buy a second, overpriced PS5 controller to play Sackboy with my son. For single player, PS exclusives that are designed for the PS controller, why do you care? For non exclusives play them on the platform that doesn't force you to use a piece of shit controller layout that was designed because there was no where else to put the analog on the PS1 in 1996.

BlackTron

LOL look at this guy being the barometer of what is OK and not OK to bitch about.

I'm annoyed using controllers that I don't like for a few minutes. And you're gonna tell me I should eat shit and like it while paying $70 every 6-8 months for the privilege of doing so?

The mere fact that you would consider only taking the controller out every 6-8 months in the first place is indicative of a problem. A problem worth trying to solve by asking for advice on a forum full of experienced nerds.

This issue always come to a head with a BIG ass game every gen for me. On PS3 it was Last of Us. I tried to play it using a few different third party controllers, all of which had some issue or just broke. When I finally settled onto one that was least iffy, it lacked the function to turn on the flashlight which was required in some areas. And I'd have to switch to the official controller. PS1/2/3 design has always been dead to me, left stick placement is horrible sure but even if they swapped it, the shape of the controller alone would kill it. Not to mention the triggers.

PS4 is a huge improvement in shape. Which is a good thing because after that experience with Last of Us, imagine trying to replace a PS4 controller that has more special functions, god forbid a DualSense. I've basically given up. I played Ghost of Tsushima less hours due to this and PS gets the least play time of all 4 options thanks to it having the only controller I actively dislike.

PS is my official streaming box and the controller works great for that, though.

I just need to beef up the DS5 triggers to be more like the Series X, and the Series X D pad to be silent like the DS5.
And back paddles for both controllers.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The bigger question I have is, what are you going to do with all your VHS tapes when the are blank when you are 95?

Then again, who am I to talk.......

Last edited:

Banned
so you connect your xbox controller to your phone, phone to ps5? has anyone tried this? I would imagine this would for sure cause input lag?

every single way you can connect an Xbox Controller to a PS5 will cause input lag.
even Adapters that claim they have zero lag DO HAVE LAG.

so don't expect any adapter to exist that's lag free

Last edited:

BlackTron

They need to have the dpad interchangeable with the sticks too.

They actually have this. I think they linked the wrong video to a newer controller. I think he has this one:

https://www.thrustmaster.com/products/eswap-pro-controller-4/

I looked at it before but I was hoping for something wireless. Also the light bar for VR games and etc. And no motion. I don't really want to buy a controller only to constantly swap to the normal one, I just want to replace it. But instead of getting too salty I just play the ample supply of PC, Xbox and Nintendo games while waiting patiently for the end all gamepad that may never happen.

If anyone finds it, by all means update the thread lol. When that day comes I might pay more attention to my massive backlog of PS4 games.

Why can't he just want a different controller?
Because an attack on the kings men is an attack on the king himself…or something like that.

I’m with you OP, I can’t stand the stick placement either, I don’t care if I’ve been playing on PlayStation controller since it’s inception, I just don’t like the placement. Oh and one more thing I’d love for the “trigger” to feel like an actual “trigger”.

Ev1L AuRoN

I don't get why it is such a big deal to have the left analog upwards to so many people. Love both controllers, but I think PS5 loses something if you use anything other than a dual sense with it.

killatopak

Aren't there usually custom controllers from third party manufacturers?

I'd imagine there would be an asymmetrical controller for the PS5 by now.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Look into the Brook Wing controller adaptor. Should use XB pad on PS5?

Im not up-to-date re: any Sony controller drm update since I last looked into it.

Top Bottom