• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series X WDSN530 has custom ASIC to support PCIe 4.0 (Tweaktown corrects PCIe 3.0 claims)

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Where do you see anyone getting butt hurt besides you? you said it was loading games faster than PS5 as if it was loading games faster than PS5 when really it's just older games not built with SSDs in mind loading faster.

:messenger_mr_smith_who_are_you_going_to_call:

Ps5 games load faster*

*on a fraction of the available games for the system

i gotacha

Last edited:

TBiddy

the principle works the same, dont advertise something as if then ship it to people without informing them or updating the technical information for said product.

You know its wrong if they do that, i am very sure of that.

The technical information is very clear. It's listed as "Internal Storage. 1TB Custom NVME SSD " here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoles/xbox-series-x

The support page may or may not be wrong. Certainly nothing to be upset about.

The problem with you is Microsoft can do no wrong,

Also, why do you keep accusing people of that? That's the second time in this thread alone.

Last edited:
the principle works the same, dont advertise something as if then ship it to people without informing them or updating the technical information for said product.

You know its wrong if they do that, i am very sure of that.
How do you know it's a strictly OEM drive? How do you know it's not a basis of an SN530 but customized much like every other aspect of the system?

You don't... Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Also it doesn't matter in the slightest either way, the result is the same.

O6F3CkC.png

did you read what i said, it seems not, cos your deflecting.
What you said is grade A bullshit though.... I've been critical of Xbox plenty of times, you just choose to cherry pick and try to slander someone because you're offended. You're a PS fan out to create some fake Xbox outrage. Concern trolling they call it i'm sure...

Not sure you even know what you're talking about, you've been fed some info and are just running with it when you have zero technical knoweledge on the subject.

sircaw

Banned
How do you know it's a strictly OEM drive? How do you know it's not a basis of an SN530 but customized much like every other aspect of the system?

You don't... Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Also it doesn't matter in the slightest either way, the result is the same.

O6F3CkC.png

The xbox fanboy club comes out in full force, you can take a camel to water but you can't make it drink.

Xbox can do no wrong haha, i get it, have a good evening lol.

The problem with you is Microsoft can do no wrong, this case is a prime example of that, instead of you just agreeing and saying yer they should not have done that, you play the victim card and defend their behavior for some reason.

Then you break off into another tangent saying just wait till xbox games start outperforming sony ones, WTF has this got to do with this thread. What your doing there is trying to start a war because you're not getting your own way in this thread.

Just stop it, dude.

Would be upset if you took apart your machine and found a zen one cpu instead of a two, or would you say, that's ok its just people attacking poor old Microsoft again.

Don't advertise something and put something else in the box, it ain't hard to fathom.

Stop defending this kinda stuff.
Does it make any single tiny bit of difference to any spec they claimed? If so then yes this should be seen as an issue. So does it?

8K and 1440p support can be patched.
Does that change the fact they are listing it on the box NOW as a main selling point when it's not even a feature?

giphy.gif

The xbox fanboy club comes out in full force, you can take a camel to water but you can't make it drink.

and no answer, but also not surprising. Keep concern trolling Xbox threads.

Last edited:
Yeah I posted the same thing in another thread:

They use the controller to send Gen3 x4 to Gen4 x2. They reach the same speed this way: 2.4 gb/s out of 4 gb/s (Max for both specs)

To reach 2.4 gb/s you don't need more

PS5 has TWO Gen4 x4 connections (soldered+ expansion slot)

Last edited:

I see you're avoiding what I actually said.

They didn't. Go worry about your own console of choice.

No concern here from me man I don't care about any of it just the games but the fanboy crap grinds my gears from both sides but worry about a piece of plastic ? Not me I have a real world things to be worried about .

You asked why there's no outrage and that's because people know it will be added later.

Standard SSD cannot be changed after the consoles have launched by MS unless they want to screw early customers.
Just like how no one except known Sony fans are outraged about this? Even IF this is true, which is going to take more than a guy doing a teardown to confirm and uh, we've seen the XSX load times, they're superb for what they are and barely any difference at all from what the PS5 has been showing.

I'll wait for an actual test by a more reputable source before going into a frenzy like you guys are.

sircaw

Banned
5vOcnCo.jpg

Lol what a meltdown, it's not a good look for you at all fishy. :pie_zipper:

Off you swim back to the next gen safe space thread where you can feign outrage over a plastic box.

i am not why you think i am the one who is having a meltdown, I think there are a couple of people that are hoping that but that is from the truth, Besides i am not the one leaving personal insults and triggered emotes or memes haha.

I just find it hilarious that xbox fans have their head buried so deep in the sand, i kinda feel a bit sad for them if i am terribly honest.

But if it makes you feel better, lol carry on. :messenger_grinning:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Just like how no one except known Sony fans are outraged about this? Even IF this is true, which is going to take more than a guy doing a teardown to confirm and uh, we've seen the XSX load times, they're superb for what they are and barely any difference at all from what the PS5 has been showing.

I'll wait for an actual test by a more reputable source before going into a frenzy like you guys are.

BC Load times are not even a good indicator since they're only using a small percentage of SSD speeds on both consoles.

I don't care regardless, but I know if this happened on the PS5, Xbox fans wouldn't ignore it, they'll be all over this.

i am not why you think i am the one who is having a meltdown, I think there are a couple of people that are hoping that but that is from the truth, Besides i am not the one leaving personal insults and triggered emotes or memes haha.

I just find it hilarious that xbox fans have their head buried so deep in the sand, i kinda feel a bit sad for them if i am terribly honest.

But if it makes you feel better, lol carry on. :messenger_grinning:

Calling people fanboys, lashing out because nobody gives a shit for your petty, obvious console warring. You've let your veil slip and it's sad.

Here, as you head upstream back to the SonyGAF outrage echo chamber, let me leave you with a parting thought:

kOGc2lX.jpg

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
No concern here from me man I don't care about any of it just the games but the fanboy crap grinds my gears from both sides but worry about a piece of plastic ? Not me I have a real world things to be worried about .
Okay, then let me alleviate yours and the usual suspects non-concern. If the argument is that MS is falsely calling this drive NVME, then why does both the article cited and WD own website also call it NVME?

iXuHYHv.png

TBiddy

BC Load times are not even a good indicator since they're only using a small percentage of SSD speeds on both consoles.

I don't care regardless, but I know if this happened on the PS5, Xbox fans wouldn't ignore it, they'll be all over this.

Go check the official specs. What do they say?

Okay, then let me alleviate yours and the usual suspects non-concern. If the argument is that MS is falsely calling this drive NVME, then why does both the article cited and WD own website also call it NVME?

iXuHYHv.png

Why you showing me this when I called you out for your fanboy Nostradamus crap we ain't had no next gen head to heads Xbox Vs ps5 and that was my point not this ssd stuff you haven't gotta prove to me what's being said is wrong .

TBiddy

I don't need to check because you're missing my point.

Xbox fans are having a "it doesn't matter" approach. My POINT is that they're accepting it, but if this happened to PS5, they would be all over it.

What is being accepted? That the SSD is what is listed in the specs?

Not sure what the outrage is about.

I'm starting to question the need for expensive PCI-e 4.0 SSD's for gaming PC's if one of the two next-gen consoles is using the same old PCI-e 3.0 storage as today's PC's. I was pretty excited about maybe upgrading to a Samsung 980 Pro to try and keep up with PS5 but if next-gen games will be taking the slower storage of XSeX into account then there will be minimal benefit, anything cross-platform will be optimized for the slow storage of XSeX and really only PS5 exclusive titles will benefit from the faster storage and that's hardly worth splashing out on a new PC SSD for.

I still have a Samsung 970 Pro in my main gaming PC and that seems fine for now. Let's wait and see, PCMR types.

I don't need to check because you're missing my point.

Xbox fans are having a "it doesn't matter" approach. My POINT is that they're accepting it, but if this happened to PS5, they would be all over it.

You don't... Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.

What matters is the speed: 2x Gen4 or 4x Gen3 makes no difference at all for 2.4 gb/s

Of course PS5 has no choice but to use 4x Gen4 for both the stock SSD and the expansion bay

For the expansion bay you will probably need an SSD drive that saturates the spec, above 7 gb/s

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
All I see is ridiculous concern trolling.

The SSD is listed as “1 TB custom SSD”, which is what it is.
You should try reading, it will help.

People are replying with "who cares?" before knowing anything. They wouldn't have the same reaction if this was on the PS5.

Some would perhaps, but not me. I'm not an expert on technology and i wont pretend i am either. All i know is that people make a lot of false assumptions about tech when they know little to nothing about it in the first place as a scoring point. Xbox fans are guilty of this i know full well, but i'm one of those that would rather oust the toxic ones among us and have them not be part of the community.

I have nothing personal against you or anyone else that prefers a PS console, that's the beauty of gaming, we can all enjoy it without being dicks to each other. I'm sure you feel the same way about toxic PS fans also.

Because it's Xbox fans.

I shouldn't have to make this easier for you to understand.
The outcome is exactly the same so regardless of the language it doesn't matter what's in there. It could be packed with fucking sausages for all I care, their declaration of its capability is lining up with exactly what they stated.

Also you know fuck all about the drive in this system and what they have or have not done to it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
You should try reading, it will help.

People are replying with "who cares?" before knowing anything. They wouldn't have the same reaction if this was on the PS5.
This thread isn't about the PS5. So who cares what the reaction would be?

sircaw

Banned
Calling people fanboys, lashing out because nobody gives a shit for your petty, obvious console warring. You've let your veil slip and it's sad.

Here, as you head upstream back to the SonyGAF outrage echo chamber, let me leave you with a parting thought:

kOGc2lX.jpg

I lashed out lol, wtf haha, and the thread was started by someone else, not me, i just happened to leave a remark ofwhich any sensible person would agree with but no,xbox defense one can not take any criticism at all and have swarmed over it like a nest of hornets.

Rule No one, do not criticize Xbox in any way.

I mean just how retarded is this from LeftThumbstick LeftThumbstick

He is basically agreeing with me and states he would be mad, but because i am mad he is fine with it lol. You cant make this shit up.

I can tell you this now, if sony advertises a piece of hardware in their system and i found out then lied to me after buying it, i would be livid.

But yer you do what you keep doing hix, we kinda all know how you operate.

Have a good night,

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
This thread isn't about the PS5. So who cares what the reaction would be?

Demon Souls not featuring Ray Tracing wasn't an Xbox related thread, but they still went in there and laughed.

So if something is not as advertised on the Xbox, it's "who cares? Why are you bringing it up?"

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Why you showing me this when I called you out for your fanboy Nostradamus crap we ain't had no next gen head to heads Xbox Vs ps5 and that was my point not this ssd stuff you haven't gotta prove to me what's being said is wrong .
Where did I say anything about next gen faceoffs? GTFO of here with your nonsense. To be clear, I was talking about meltdowns and not about the PS5 performance.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Jesus, it’s like talking to an angry girlfriend. “YOU KNOW WHY IM MAD!!!!”

Link the post then, instead of wasting my time.

Looks like you're the one who is angry. I already explain in detail already and you're just looking to argue.

Instead of just getting upset, take the time to read my posts.

Demon Souls not featuring Ray Tracing wasn't an Xbox related thread, but they still went in there and laughed.

So if something is not as advertised on the Xbox, it's "who cares? Why are you bringing it up?"
The difference being regardless of the means here; nothing is lost.

With Demon Souls it lost RT, it was already stated to have had RT by Bluepoint. So it not being present is the loss of something.

No one loses anything in this SSD scenario. You're wildly illogical.

TBiddy

Looks like you're the one who is angry. I already explain in detail already and you're just looking to argue.

Instead of just getting upset, take the time to read my posts.

I am reading and responding to them, but apparantly you’re incapable of presenting your point. Just link the post. Shouldn’t be too hard right?

Top Bottom