• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox rewards app to end April 15, streaks gone

ReBurn

Gold Member
Definitely. I dropped out of Rewards last year and then jumped back in and started earning again. I just redeemed another 3 months so I'm good through July of this year. Not sure folks will be able to stack up for years on end like they have in the past, but maintaining GPU entirely on Rewards points is certainly achievable.
For the past few months I've been earning enough rewards points to get 3 months worth of GPU every 7 weeks or so, so it's possible to bank ahead. But it'll take a while to get years ahead.

Topher

Gold Member
For the past few months I've been earning enough rewards points to get 3 months worth of GPU every 7 weeks or so, so it's possible to bank ahead. But it'll take a while to get years ahead.

Every 7 weeks is about what I'm averaging as well.

El Muerto

I haven't gotten the new rewards yet and I've been doing rewards every day for the past 3 years, stopped when the 3 searches per hour cooldown was introduced. Good news is that 1hr cooldown went away this month so if you had it before you may want to check again.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
This slowed down so much I don't even care it was good while it lasted tho

I switched to this rewarding ways app and I'm getting like $15-$25 a week in gift cards almost effortlessly

Danknugz

Mine ends in July 2026 and I have enough rewards points to extend it to the end of 2027, but I'm not sure I want to.
what else would you spend the rewards points on? all mine just go to GPU. i guess i could buy raffle tickets or contribute to random charities but nah.

Danknugz

The app was kinda trash on Xbox anyway. 😅
it was literally the worst app experience i've ever had. took 20-30 seconds to switch pages sometimes. i think they purposefully made it slow so people wouldn't take advantage of the rewards points.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
what else would you spend the rewards points on? all mine just go to GPU. i guess i could buy raffle tickets or contribute to random charities but nah.

Amazon gift cards is another option.

You can also redeem them against Walmart or Best Buy codes. (or Sam's club, Kohl's etc, there's a lot of options on the Rewards page on the website).

I just have mine set to auto redeem $10 gc every month at discounted price, otherwise I'm letting them gather. I'll be able to buy the next gen Xbox purely off of points in 2025 lol.

Last edited:

Danknugz

You can also redeem them against Walmart or Best Buy codes. (or Sam's club, Kohl's etc, there's a lot of options on the Rewards page on the website).

I just have mine set to auto redeem $10 gc every month at discounted price, otherwise I'm letting them gather. I'll be able to buy the next gen Xbox purely off of points in 2025 lol.
forgot about that. i just shoplift from target for my "gift cards". (kidding) kind of. for me, gpu is 15.99 / Mo so more value there than a 10$ card but all good

Last edited:

Antwix

Mine ends in July 2026 and I have enough rewards points to extend it to the end of 2027, but I'm not sure I want to.
Exactly the same as you. I extended mine awhile back to July 2026 too and I don't think I'll extend any further. If they still have rewards that far in the future, Ill probably just redeem a 1 month as needed when I want to play a newly released gamepass game I'm interested in or something in multiplayer. I'd rather just use the rewards money for outright purchases. There's not a whole lot of stuff I'm interested in playing anymore.

bender

What time is it?
Major nerfs to the Xbox App on Mobile. Looks like we are losing 100+ points daily on Play a PC Game (50->20) and Play Jewel (30->5) and they also removed the bonuses for having GPU and having 7+ friends.

RPS37

How are people able to get enough points to redeem 3 months of GPU at a time?
I can just barely auto redeem one month and it seems that benefit may be leaving soon.

Topher

Gold Member
How are people able to get enough points to redeem 3 months of GPU at a time?
I can just barely auto redeem one month and it seems that benefit may be leaving soon.

Bulk of my daily points are from bing searches. Doing that and the web site stuff is 400 points a day. Add in the app activiites and you'll have more than enough.

Why do you say the auto redeem one month may be leaving?

Kilau

I’ll miss the weekly streak, I’m at 175 weeks now, can’t make it to the next bonus at 180 weeks.

I won’t miss the jankiness of the app. Worst performing bit of software, it’s pathetic. They nerfed the life out of it a long time ago anyway.

Not the first thread about Rewards I correct folks misconceptions.

3AxUAFV.png

-

Anyway, looks like the new Rewards Hub is rolling out now.

On PC it just leads to the normal rewards page and on console it leads you to the Rewards (Beta) option in the Games / achievements hub on the console.

bender bender the new Weekly console bonus gives a potential 24,000 pts per year, I reckon that more than makes up for losing the 18,000 pts from the old Rewards app streaks.

ei2U7ru.jpg

500!? Why is mine only 250? Also, how the heck do I get it to work? I played cuphead yesterday and it didn't work. Does it have to be a specific game or played for a certain amount of time? Do I need to be subscribed to gamepass?

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
500!? Why is mine only 250? Also, how the heck do I get it to work? I played cuphead yesterday and it didn't work. Does it have to be a specific game or played for a certain amount of time? Do I need to be subscribed to gamepass?

I played a few minutes of Toem yesterday to get the daily achievement and that didn't register. Played some Burnout Revenge and finally it did. So yeah, I think there is a time limit. Probably trying to disuade folks from jumping on xcloud for a second and jumping off just to get it to kick in. I've done that multipe times in the past.

I played a few minutes of Toem yesterday to get the daily achievement and that didn't register. Played some Burnout Revenge and finally it did. So yeah, I think there is a time limit. Probably trying to disuade folks from jumping on xcloud for a second and jumping off just to get it to kick in. I've done that multipe times in the past.

Finally got it to register. I left the game running whilst I was eating lunch. Yesterday I actually played a game and for much longer but it never registered! Weird. Rewards is so glitchy like that. I've had my streaks reset in the past for no reason.

RPS37

Bulk of my daily points are from bing searches. Doing that and the web site stuff is 400 points a day. Add in the app activiites and you'll have more than enough.

Why do you say the auto redeem one month may be leaving?
Ahhh. I can usually get the mobile searches on my phone, but sometime it’s too annoying to try to get them on my ipad.

The auto redeem option isn’t available in the new rewards hub, only the old app.

RPS37

If anything, it seems like they are going to make it more difficult to get to the auto redeem option since it’s not currently available in the new form of the Rewards app.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If anything, it seems like they are going to make it more difficult to get to the auto redeem option since it’s not currently available in the new form of the Rewards app.
The option is still available on the rewards website, at least for me.

lxfSzIe.jpg

bender

What time is it?
Finally got hit with search cooldowns which basically makes you wait 15 minutes after you've completed four searches on mobile or console/PC. I think this might be the straw that breaks my back.

Last edited:
I was hoping for an overhaul instead of a closure and move to a different system. My problem with this rewards system, and their other one, and ones on other gaming platforms, is the fact that you have to constantly remember to click on the 'opt in' or 'accept bonus' or 'start quest' buttons.

For a world that is slowly changing to having more ease-of-use and automated options, this feels like needless extra steps for what is essentially a few points.

It reminds me of 'exit menu -> exit to main menu - > exit game - > save game' of yesteryear when in today's world there would just be an 'save and exit to main menu' button.

Zuzu

The new one is worse than the old one. Great...of course things get worse. It's harder to earn as many points in the new one as you could in the old one. There's no 2500 bonus every 10 weeks and there doesn't look like there's weekly advertisement tiles to select to get more points. Playing a game each day is worth 10 points per day & then you get 250 points bonus if you do it for a week. That's worse than the old system. There's some points tied to Gamepass but then you've gotta be subscribed to that.

Last edited:

calistan

Is it possible to opt out of rewards now that it is, to put it mildly, worthless shit?

I used to collect the points, but now that it’s trash like 3 points for playing game pass, I’d rather not see the pop-ups at all.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
If you click on the reward to use it, the option to redeem is grayed out and you get a message saying it only available through Xbox.

e904dz0.png

Yeah, looks like GP Core is the only one you can set to auto redeem from the website.

For GP Ultimate or the $10 coupon, you have to set it on the console, you got an SX just in time :p

Last edited:

Isa

Shame really. I was bummed when I lost a 100+ streak last year randomly or intentionally. Sadly MS has been losing me I've moved back to the competition and I've already redeemed quite a few 20 space buck rewards so far this year.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Picked up Infinite Wealth ultimate edition on sale.

Netted me enough points for a $10 gift card.

Got Like a Dragon Gaiden deluxe for $26.

cosmo kramer pimp GIF

Top Bottom