• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox rewards app to end April 15, streaks gone

MDSLKTR

Because adam would never post this:

69B6PMa.png

Topher

Gold Member
I'll give you props for at least not making the thread title as click baitey as the last one.

But before the usual replies come, no the rewards aren't stopping, they're just removing the one app.

Rewards on Xbox will be more in line with the mobile app, correct?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Rewards on Xbox will be more in line with the mobile app, correct?

I don't think they've shown what this new 'hub' they're making looks like. If I were to guess, it's probably get merged into the game pass app (which already has a reward sub-section in itself) on the console.

On PC and Mobile it'll probably remain the same as it is right now.

Topher

Gold Member
I don't think they've shown what this new 'hub' they're making looks like. If I were to guess, it's probably get merged into the game pass app (which already has a reward sub-section in itself) on the console.

So the offers being removed......are those the auto-redeemable offers only available on console?

adamsapple

So the offers being removed......are those the auto-redeemable offers only available on console?

So far, yes. There are tiles for them on the website but they are greyed out. Hopefully it goes live there, cause the auto redeem $10 gift card is my go-to.

bender

What time is it?
Damn, that's a 350 point per week reduction...maybe a bit more if they don't care over the occasional 5 points advertisements.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Damn, that's a 350 point per week reduction...maybe a bit more if they don't care over the occasional 5 points advertisements.

The console app only has the 100 points per week tile. Not sure where you're getting 350 from.

Unknown?

The new hub is being rolled in to PlayStation rewards.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Sadly it has been feeling like it's winding for a while now, I don't think I've seen any game achievement related ones since new year.

adamsapple

You get 2,500 every 10th week.

Yeah but that's not exactly a weekly thing, you get that for maintaining the streak for 10 weeks.

MY REWARDS STREAK!!!!! I'm in the zone where I get 2,500 every month and half, all that work for free Games Pass, gone.

You can get way more than the necessary points for game pass without the app. Folks like Topher Topher , who don't have the console, do that without any issue.

JackMcGunns

Last edited:

adamsapple

So Adam wouldn't make a fool of himself by posting a mere app move and spin it as going away entirely, so you went head and did it for him? Got it.

Not the first thread about Rewards I correct folks misconceptions.

3AxUAFV.png

-

Anyway, looks like the new Rewards Hub is rolling out now.

On PC it just leads to the normal rewards page and on console it leads you to the Rewards (Beta) option in the Games / achievements hub on the console.

bender bender the new Weekly console bonus gives a potential 24,000 pts per year, I reckon that more than makes up for losing the 18,000 pts from the old Rewards app streaks.

ei2U7ru.jpg

Last edited:

Danknugz

anyone else in the free gamepass till 2027 club? i haven't added my last few months i got from rewards yet but should be up to feb or march of '27 at this point

bender

What time is it?
You still haven't gotten it?

Gotdamn how am I, who has a lot more newer Rewards profile compared to some y'all, getting it first lol.

PGeVBv1.jpg

Pretty sure you are older than I am if I remember correctly based on Amazon Gift Card point prices.

adamsapple

Pretty sure you are older than I am if I remember correctly based on Amazon Gift Card point prices.

My Xbox id might be older from the X360 days but I only started using reward apps in 2022 onwards.

Maybe it grandfathered me into a longer tenure because of that.

ReBurn

Gold Member
anyone else in the free gamepass till 2027 club? i haven't added my last few months i got from rewards yet but should be up to feb or march of '27 at this point
Mine ends in July 2026 and I have enough rewards points to extend it to the end of 2027, but I'm not sure I want to.

Topher

Gold Member
Yeah but that's not exactly a weekly thing, you get that for maintaining the streak for 10 weeks.

You can get way more than the necessary points for game pass without the app. Folks like Topher Topher , who don't have the console, do that without any issue.

Definitely. I dropped out of Rewards last year and then jumped back in and started earning again. I just redeemed another 3 months so I'm good through July of this year. Not sure folks will be able to stack up for years on end like they have in the past, but maintaining GPU entirely on Rewards points is certainly achievable.

Last edited:
Top Bottom