• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade games stuck on the Xbox 360

Edit: When I typed "stuck on the the 360," I meant from the perspective of the Xbox platform only. I'm sure that many of these are available on other consoles/Steam, but I was mostly orienting this post towards those that wanted to grab these on 360 for purposes of a semi-comprehensive collection or whatever...I know that makes this a niche post, so move along if you like.

Given the recent "store will be closing" news, how about we do the typical thing done whenever this happens and make a list of “must have” 360 Xbox Live Arcade games that are not backwards compatible on XB1? This way, the community knows what's worth buying in the 360 store before next July.

Feel free to contribute, but please, for the sake of consistency, do your research! ONLY post games that are:
a. not available as on XB1, even as remasters
b. still on the Xbox 360 store (not yet delisted)
c. at least mid- to high-quality (though I realize this will be subjective)

I’ll start:

The Dishwasher: Dead Samurai
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
Fez
Zeno Clash UE and Xeno Clash 2
Charlie Murder
Renegade Ops
Alien Breed trilogy
Raystorm HD
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Deathspank
Space Invaders Extreme
Assault Heroes
Dust: An Elysian Tale
Skulls of the Shogun
Batman: Arkham Origins: Blackgate
Hell Yeah: Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Penny Arcade Episodes 1 & 2
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection
Marvel Puzzle Quest
Wreckateer
Burnout: Crash!
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD
Crimson Alliance
D&D: Daggerdale
Watchmen: The End is Nigh
Schizoid
Vigilante 8 Arcade
EXIT 1 and 2
Zombie Driver HD
Kinect Party
Leedmees
Sanctum 2
Switchball
Scene It Movie Night
Space Channel 5, pt 2
Call of Duty Classic (this last one blew my mind, but I checked…somebody tell me if they confirm I’m wrong)

Last edited:

MarkMe2525

This is why I still have my 360 hooked up. Only problem I have is because I have a gamepass subscription, the 360 wants to fight me logging in. I have to perform a very strict set of actions in order to log into my gamertag, and once in, it will last for a few days before I have repeat the actions. MS is aware of the "bug", but they don't seem interested in fixing.

Last edited:

intbal

1942 Joint Strike was released on X360 and PS3. It's not on any other platforms. It was never added to the Xbox BC program. I don't know the status of the Playstation BC library. If it's not available on modern Playstations, then that would qualify as a game stuck on 7th gen.

Naked Lunch

There actually isnt too, too many worthwhile ones still stuck on 360 despite what people have been saying online.
Theres plenty that made it to BC.
There are several major favorites of mine still missing though - which is a bummer.

I still have my 360 hooked up for these digital only titles:

Bangai-O Missile Fury
Bionic Commando Re-Armed 1
Fez
After Burner Climax
Outrun Online Arcade
Sega Rally Online Arcade
Rez HD
Shooting Love 20XX
Street Fighter III Online
Poker Smash
Under Defeat HD
Raystorm HD

Heres some of my favorite games still stuck on 360 - that are on disc+digital:

Cave shmup library
Bionic Commando 3D
Anarchy Reigns
Armored Core Series [4, FA, V, VD]
Chromehounds
Raiden Fighters Aces
Eschatos
Ginga Force
Virtual On 4 Force
Tenchu Z
Ace Combat Assault Horizon
Senko no Ronde - Wartech

Last edited:

Drew1440

This is why I still have my 360 hooked up. Only problem I have is because I have a gamepass subscription, the 360 wants to fight me logging in. I have to perform a very strict set of actions in order to log into my gamertag, and once in, it will last for a few days before I have repeat the actions. MS is aware of the "bug", but they don't seem interested in fixing.
Interesting, Do you have two-step verification enabled? I have both the 360 and One X with game pass and can login fine providing I use the generated app password. The only issue is I have to use ethernet, WiFi just does not work correctly on my 360.

For games, i don't think South Park Tenorman's Revenge was ever made comparable for the Xbox One.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
There actually isnt too, too many worthwhile ones still stuck on 360 despite what people have been saying online.
There are several major favorites of mine still missing though - which is a bummer.

Bangai-O Missile Fury
Fez
After Burner Climax
Outrun Online Arcade
Sega Rally Online Arcade
Rez HD
Shooting Love 20XX
Poker Smash
Under Defeat HD
Raystorm HD

Cave shmup library
Bionic Commando 3D
Anarchy Reigns
Chromehounds
Raiden Fighters Aces
Eschatos
Ginga Force
Virtual On 4 Force
Tenchu Z
Senko no Ronde - Wartech
I just want Tenchu 3, Tenchu Z and Brute Force.

I just want Tenchu Z from 360 era since my brother always wanted to play it. Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon, Crazy Taxi 3, Driv3r, and Jet Set Radio Future from original Xbox would be what I would want for myself.

P.S. If NetherRealm Studios could greenlight an HD remake of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 with high resolution digitized sprites I would be over the moon.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

I can't see the HD edition of Streetfighter 2 ever being re-released....I was hyped for that game when news broke it was coming...even though I've never been a "pro" at the Streetfighter games...:messenger_grinning_smiling: Also Renegade Ops is the closest to a modern day Desert/Jungle Strike we are likely to ever get....it's strange it never went backward compatible, but it sure is one-tough game, even on "normal"

Last edited:
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix looks really terrible in motion with its flatly shaded high-res sprites.

P.S. Urban Strike on the Genesis is the peak of that style of game for me.

MarkMe2525

Interesting, Do you have two-step verification enabled? I have both the 360 and One X with game pass and can login fine providing I use the generated app password. The only issue is I have to use ethernet, WiFi just does not work correctly on my 360.

For games, i don't think South Park Tenorman's Revenge was ever made comparable for the Xbox One.
I quite literally cannot log in on the 360 unless I go to my Microsoft account to toggle auto renewal on and then off. I reached out to support numerous times before finding the workaround. They informed me it's because the 360 doesn't know how to handle gamepass game licenses.

intbal

Its’s available on a Capcom XBLA compilation disc. Now, I remember SF2 HD is on that collection too.
That disc isn't included in the BC list. The one you're talking about is the Capcom Digital Collection.
The one on the BC list is the Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
The Arcade Cabinet 1942 is just the original arcade version.

I don't have any of these games. Is this information incorrect?

Poor Wik
Wikcover.jpg

nush

That disc isn't included in the BC list. The one you're talking about is the Capcom Digital Collection.
The one on the BC list is the Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
The Arcade Cabinet 1942 is just the original arcade version.

I don't have any of these games. Is this information incorrect?
Yes, Capcom Digital collection is the one with Joint Strike and SF2HD. So if they go off the store they are available physically.

Bangai-O Missile Fury
Fez
After Burner Climax
Outrun Online Arcade
Sega Rally Online Arcade
Rez HD
Shooting Love 20XX
Poker Smash
Under Defeat HD
Raystorm HD

Cave shmup library
Bionic Commando 3D
Anarchy Reigns
Chromehounds
Raiden Fighters Aces
Eschatos
Ginga Force
Virtual On 4 Force
Tenchu Z
Senko no Ronde - Wartech
Yeah, of those, the ones I regret missing out on the most are Bangai-O and Outrun Online Arcade.

SenkiDala

Honestly the should give all those games free for everyone like 3 months before it closes. Since nobody will be able to buy them anyway...

A lot of people shat on it, but I thought it was decent beat 'em up. Still have it on my 360. Looks like it's Windows compatible and you can download it from the Abandonware site.

RickMasters

I miss my marvel vs capcom anthology and MVC 2. Street fighter VS tekken. And yeah I miss my alien breed games. Never did start playing AB3. I miss Virtual on :OT and outrun aswell. And afterburner climax!

RickMasters

Yeah, of those, the ones I regret missing out on the most are Bangai-O and Outrun Online Arcade.
Bangai-O! The one treasure game they seemingly forgot to port. I still play Radiant silver gun and guardian heroes, thanks to backwards compatibility. Can’t believe they never gave Bangai the BC treatment.

SkylineRKR

Virtual On: OT is on the XBL store and should work on Series. The licensed games are gone, even from my purchases. TMNT Arcade was one of my most played games way back on 360 soon after launch. Its completely gone from my library. I think SF2 Turbo is gone too, though it was a shitty PSX port with its load screens even.

There is a reason I bought a cheap PS3 last year. Its for me the only way to play games like Outrun 2 SP, Afterburner, Ridge Racer 7 etc.

Top Bottom