• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Is The Official Console Of Battlefield 2042

"Developer DICE and publisher Electronic Arts have announced a new Microsoft partnership to make Xbox the official console of Battlefield 2042. This doesn't mean it's exclusive to Xbox, however.

To be specific, the Xbox Series S and Series X are the "official consoles of Battlefield 2042," according to a press release. All three said this was done to "ensure that the next entry in the Battlefield franchise is the best one yet." It's unclear exactly how DICE and EA will take advantage of Xbox Series X|S hardware or what this means for Battlefield 2042 players on other platforms.

DICE and EA announced four other partnerships in preparation for Battlefield 2042's October release: Nvidia (for the "ultimate PC experience"), Logitech (to "ensure players have Logitech integration"), Polaris (to "bring players the opportunity to operate authentic Polaris vehicles in Battlefield 2042"), and WD_BLACK (to ensure "gamers have the best possible gaming experience").

All five partnerships have been seemingly inked to bolster Battlefield 2042's gaming performance across both PC and Xbox consoles. Neither DICE nor EA have outlined if these deals will impact the game on PlayStation consoles, though Battlefield 2042 is launching on PS4 and PS5 this October."

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Okaay Ok GIF by MOODMAN

Dream-Knife

Banned
and yet some people on this forum balked at my comment that COD is a Sony partnered game just like how Battlefield is Xbox/MS partnered. 🥴 like it's not even controversial
They're both third party games and available on either system. It's just an advertising thing.

I do wonder if there's going to be a special edition though.

elliot5

Sort of goofy sounding really, but I guess it might imply launch exclusives.
as in it's not on PS5 for a year? That's already not the case...
If this doesn’t have cross play then Playstation should be you go to console for Battlefield because the online player count is going to be significantly higher especially more so because the trends are showing Xbox users are not interested buying games due to Gamepass.
this isn't even true for games like BF2042. It was topping the charts after E3 and probably still is. Everyone knows it's not on Game Pass. If you have Ultimate you can wait 7 months because it's guaranteed to come out on EA Play but why wait for that if you want to play the game? Even then, when it DOES come to EA Play there will still be a huge number of players BECAUSE of Game Pass, so...?

SafeOrAlone

Banned
as in it's not on PS5 for a year? That's already not the case...

this isn't even true for games like BF2042. It was topping the charts after E3 and probably still is. Everyone knows it's not on Game Pass. If you have Ultimate you can wait 7 months because it's guaranteed to come out on EA Play but why wait for that if you want to play the game? Even then, when it DOES come to EA Play there will still be a huge number of players BECAUSE of Game Pass, so...?
No, I mean for dlc and expansions.

I assuming Sony cant court Battlefield. Because there’s probably a cause with COD. I love a siege, but the xbox sponsorship hasnt effected me in anyway.

longdi

Banned
Nice. I cant wait to play it on Gamepass. Hope to see some great deals on Gamepass too.

I do not need EA origin install nowadays :messenger_beaming:

jigglet

Banned
They've already said all the content is cosmetic only, so this is a marketing partnership in the most pure sense. Not sure how anyone can get incensed over this.

yazenov

I guess they had to partner with MS after COD went with Sony.

The more popular series went with the most popular console. And the lesser franchise went to the least popular console. Also, water is wet.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
the most that that will amount from this is we might get some free skins with game pass perks

Zones

From ‘Battlefield will launch day and date on Game Pass’ to ‘Battlefield will not show the PlayStation logo during ads’... oh how the mighty (rumor) has fallen!

Battlefield - Xbox
Call of Duty - PlayStation
At one point during last gen, PlayStation was the official partner for both, and it was rather awkward.

Doesn't COD get an exclusive mode on Playstation in addition to timed exclusive DLC?
This is how system exclusives look for Cold War on Playstation. Nothing particularly game breaking, we could see similar low impact exclusive features for Battlefield.
  • Extra class loadout slots
  • Extra weapon XP
  • Monthly double XP events
  • Tier skips
  • Zombies Onslaught mode

Top Bottom