• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox could reveal five new AAA games at E3 2021 according to leaker

Dabaus

Banned
Nah, fuck this Klobrille guy.

He's the same idiot that said MS will have a "NIGHT OF MIC DROPS" during their summer event last year.

Fuck him.
I vividly remember the E3 of 2019 where he showed a picture of Phil Spencer smiling and his caption was "The boss knows why hes happy" or something. It was one of the worst E3s i watched, even by Xbox standards. Thats not to say he doesnt know things about Xbox, but id take what he considers good and "AAA" with a huge grain of salt.

Edit: Ive always suspected he was Ken Lobb based off the spelling of Klobrille and his inside information of Xboxs inner workings.

Last edited:

Paulxo87

the older I get the more I understand that literally nothing in this world is impossible. But I guess we'll see if they can deliver the goods this year lol..... They have no choice but to knock it out the park or die on that hill trying this e3 lol

Last edited:

WoodyStare

I remember around this time last year when Klobrille was talking about Microsoft announcing that they’d make XBL free, and when someone questioned him about it he had this arrogant “I’m saying it” attitude and said it was not a matter of if, but when. Then when it didn’t happen at E3, he was like, “It’ll happen eventually.” I take what he says now mostly with a grain of salt.

I’ll be more than happy if they announce Flight Simulator and Forza Horizon 5 for this year, but hopefully they have a few surprises.

kuncol02

Banned
Let's see what all the internet leaks and educated guesses can come up with.

Already confirmed for this year officially are Halo Infinite, and Microsoft Flight Sim if Asobo is to be believed.

So, the leaks have us:

1. Starfield (2022 or beyond)
2. Forza Horizon 5 (this year)

Educated guesses:

1. Gears 6 (2022, gears follows a 3 year dev cycle, not counting UE as a mainline game)
2. inExile RPG that's been hinted at being first person, CGI trailer (2022 0r 2023)
3. Hellblade 2, Ninja Theory has been teasing on twitter with (LOL) cloud pictures (2022 or 2023)

and finish the press conference with a TESVI re-reveal or Fallout: New Vegas Remake to bring in hype/micdrop/"one more thing" moment.
If that's your educated guess, then you need to get some more education. Coalition said two weeks ago to not expect anything new from them for some time:
"Shifting to a new engine is a big undertaking, so we want to be clear that we will not be announcing any new projects or titles for some time."

mortal

Gold Member
Cool , but can we have some actual gameplay to accompany these announcements this time though?

I know that Microsoft have a plethora of titles in their warchest, but man cannot live off hype alone.
They've yet to deliver any gameplay for any of their exclusives so far, something's got to give.

OceanGaming

The KEY here is Completely New. I know what Klobrille is talking about and i know 4 of these 5 games; hovewer i have no idea about the last one.

The Five is:

1) Forza Horizon 5
2) Wolfenstein 3
3) Project "OMEN"
4) The "Typhoon" Game
5) ???

Jaybe

Gold Member
Nah, fuck this Klobrille guy.

He's the same idiot that said MS will have a "NIGHT OF MIC DROPS" during their summer event last year.

Fuck him.

I still remember this whenever Klob is mentioned. We were told ‘mic drops’ and got Craig instead.

Papacheeks

Banned
Seems about right. I'm expecting the four below but haven't been able to figure out the fifth.

- Forza Horizon 5
- Project Typhoon
- Project Omen
- Wolfenstein III

No wolfenstein. They are all in on Indiana Jones. Unless they have two teams.

kyussman

Looking forward to getting my hands on an XSX at some point,and looking forward to Microsofts E3 too......but this Klobrille guy would hype up Phil Spencer taking a dump,lol.

Nautilus

Banned
They are "still fluctuating" on the decision of wether they show them or not?

That's weird. The games that will andcwon't be shown should already have been decided.These decisions usually are made 2 or 3 months before the show(if I'm not mistaken), because it takes a lot of time to prepare for it.Making trailers, gameplay videos, the structure of the show itself, etc.

And that's specially true now, that we are around 2 weeks away from E3. And it is more weird that they claim that MS is uncertain on showing 5 AAA games.That is a lot.

I'm not putting too much faith in this rumor.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Horizon 5
Gears 6
Banjo Kazooie 4
Quake
Prey 2
I'd like Gears 6, Horizon 5 and Banjo 4 but they did already confirm that it's going to be a while before we see The Coalition's next title as they're getting familiar with Unreal Engine 5

graywolf323

Gold Member
I don't really think Microsoft doesn't have enough announced upcoming games that they'd need to drop another 5 at E3

what they need to do is start dropping release dates for the already announced stuff, hopefully 2022 for a lot of it (though I'm not getting my hopes up for a lot of them coming any sooner than 2023)

Hobbygaming

Looking forward to getting my hands on an XSX at some point,and looking forward to Microsofts E3 too......but this Klobrille guy would hype up Phil Spencer taking a dump,lol.
He spent exactly 3 mins on the toilet, 3 new IPs confirmed!

Hobbygaming

5 is a good start I think they should show

Fable
Starfield
Forza Horizon 5
Indiana Jones (if they have something to show but I doubt it)
Hellblade 2
Halo Infinite

And 2-3 new IPs but 5 would be golden plus whatever multiplats

Last edited:
I have a series x and an Xbox guy but I swear Xbox has been nothing but dossapointment In the last 5 e3 or so for me this year release of Forza horizon is enough but i can bet my ass it will be another dossapointment

Barakov

Klorille
Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Stuart360

Gold Member
I have a series x and an Xbox guy but I swear Xbox has been nothing but dossapointment In the last 5 e3 or so for me this year release of Forza horizon is enough but i can bet my ass it will be another dossapointment
It probably will be a disapointment, in terns of brand spanking new AAA games, or new AAA ip's. I'm sure they will concentrate mostly on stuff thats closer to release, meaning a lot of games we already know about.
I mean i think there will be a few surprises, but i get the sense from some users on here that anything less than 50 games,with 30 games bing new, will be a major letdown etc.

Announcing more games when we haven't seen gameplay from the games already announced would be a joke . They need to show gameplay from at least 3 upcoming titles and then they can hit us up with more new IP's.

John Wick

That would be great (assuming the rumor is true) but if they are only going to show CGI / target render trailers of games still early in development they shouldn't bother.
Exactly! Target render trailers aren't going to cut it this time. Don't show anything if it's going to be like the footage of The new Fable or Everwild.
Let the actual games do the talking

Last edited:

This new comment comes from Klobrille, who has a storied record of leaking Xbox-related announcements ahead of time. Over on the Xbox forums, the leaker claimed that current plans have Xbox showcasing five brand new, AAA games at E3 2021 next month in June, although Klobrille is quick to add that plans are very much "still fluctuating" and anything could change between now and then.

Note that, according to the leaker, these five announcements include games surrounding both Xbox Game Pass and Bethesda Game Studios. Of course, Bethesda was purchased last year in September 2020 by Microsoft, with the deal being finalized earlier this year after being cleared to proceed by the European Union.

Right now, there's no indication as to what these new games could potentially be. Klobrille doesn't name any particular game in particular, but the leaker specifically mentions that Bethesda-related games are included in the five new titles, so we could be about to see a brand new game from either Bethesda Game Studios or a studio owned by Bethesda, like Tango Gameworks or Arkane.
Xbox could announce 0 new AAA titles at E3 according to me.

Bryank75

Banned
Last edited:

Matsuchezz

Pork pie? Listen to this.... 'You can't go on, thinkin' nothing's wrong.... pork pie'

Awesome Song from the Cars

On topic: I just want to be impressed by Team Ninja, the other Microsoft Teams i couldn't careless about them. I hope they get to show project mara since i am all for horror games, and Hellblade 2.
It is funny that some people seem to think that since MS acquired Bethesda all their previously owned studios became power houses and hit makers. We shall see.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
No wolfenstein. They are all in on Indiana Jones. Unless they have two teams.
Pretty confident that they've been working on Wolfenstein III for at least the last few years. Plus, Pete Hines basically confirmed it in a September 2018 interview when talking about Youngblood and that Wolfenstein III would go back to the single player story driven setup of the previous games. Indiana Jones isn't even in pre-production yet. They have a long ways to go.

jigglet

Banned
They better fucking be AAA. If they have only 4 x AAA and 1 x AA (aka Metacritic of 98% or less) then I will riot.

twilo99

I used to not care about what they announce because a lot of it went to console only, but now with gamepass for PC... bring it!

Jaxcellent

Really hoping it will be a good show.
I just want some awesome looking and playing games and some REAL gameplay.

not in engine cinema, no cg trailer logo, just real gameplay... also new ip, I'm sick and tired of Forza/Gears/Halo, i loved these games in the past, i just don't see the appeal of playing a new mediocre version of it with new paint again, again and again.

Still I'm hopeful Microsoft will finally give us a good show this time.

Kuranghi

I really want to see this GamePass PC on Steam thingie and know exactly what that entails, hopefully no DRM bullshit or forced logins and I'll gladly get GP on Steam to play a few games I know will be one and done and don't care about owning them.

Although every time I do that I'm always thinking "but what if I love the game and want to replay it, then I'll have to buy it anyway", doh!

Top Bottom