• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox could reveal five new AAA games at E3 2021 according to leaker

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This new comment comes from Klobrille, who has a storied record of leaking Xbox-related announcements ahead of time. Over on the Xbox forums, the leaker claimed that current plans have Xbox showcasing five brand new, AAA games at E3 2021 next month in June, although Klobrille is quick to add that plans are very much "still fluctuating" and anything could change between now and then.

Note that, according to the leaker, these five announcements include games surrounding both Xbox Game Pass and Bethesda Game Studios. Of course, Bethesda was purchased last year in September 2020 by Microsoft, with the deal being finalized earlier this year after being cleared to proceed by the European Union.

Right now, there's no indication as to what these new games could potentially be. Klobrille doesn't name any particular game in particular, but the leaker specifically mentions that Bethesda-related games are included in the five new titles, so we could be about to see a brand new game from either Bethesda Game Studios or a studio owned by Bethesda, like Tango Gameworks or Arkane.

Gediminas

Banned
why 5, why not 6-7 or 10? or 2?

these called leakers just making staff up as time goes. making hype out of nothing. "still fluctuating" sounds like 100% bullshite. plans change? maybe, but not like 3 weeks til show. because you have to create show, record, also it should be approved by the developers, m$ and other staff happening.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
2 are Bethesda games, Starfield and Elder Scrolls. Halo Infinite. That is 3 of them right there. Now there are only 2 more to reveal.

Papacheeks

Banned
Note that, according to the leaker, these five announcements include games surrounding both Xbox Game Pass and Bethesda Game Studios.

Sorry that bit basically confirms BF6, and bethesda games like starfield being unveild. Probably that Kojima game as well.

That dude at reset usually hypes stuff that turns out to be nothing honestly.

I mean with how bad it's been in showing games, anything will be better than last year.

A man can hope.

I wonder if Sony got a whiff of MS's plans for this year's E3 and that's why decided to rando drop a Horizon State of Play pre-E3. Start building that hype train early rolling into a bad ass God of War reveal and other stuff.

Sony does what they want at their own pace. Nintendo or Microsoft have no bearing on how they roll things out. I think what has been happening possibly across both Sony and Microsoft is more people have been working at the studios, and revaluating where projects are.

I think Horizon is on point to release this year, could slip into 2022. But what i've heard is it's 2021. They unfortunately have whole studio on it at this point, the "shooter" team I believe has been helping. God of war is not this year, but we will see it in a big way later this summer.

Japanese development and bluepoint is the thing I want to know more about? I don't know what happened but I heard that the so called silent hill/type project which was being made externally halted late last year? Not sure if it was covid or shuffling of people who were attached working from internal JAPAN STUDIO. Certain producers were attached and things kind of got shuffled with re-organization. Bluepoint from my info was working with external and internal people for their so called next Sony project.

More than likely we are getting a Indie focused event later this summer to show off Solar ash, Kena, and have updates on stray. Similar to last year expect a show that will have more in-depth look at ghostwire, gameplay trailer for god of war, FF16 I heard is going to be on Square's stage like FF7R was with a demo going live shortly after. You will see more from Capcom, cygames, and possibly announcements from more studios coming out of China unless they are doing separate event for that region which might be more than likely.

MGS remake may be teased, not sure on where Bluepoint is on that.

But expect more on capcom.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
Last year at the Xbox Games Showcase, Xbox revealed 4 new, AAA games coming from their own studios; Forza Motorsport, State of Decay 3, Avowed and of course, Fable.

For this year including XGSP and Bethesda, so far, I do think I already know about 5 completely new, AAA titles being announced this Summer. Some more expected than others.

Plans are still fluctuating though. At the end of the day, I think it is a fair expectation that gameplay trailers and/or demos should have a bigger presence at least for the already announced things coming this and next year.

He thinks he knows but not sure.

MastaKiiLA

I wonder if Sony got a whiff of MS's plans for this year's E3 and that's why decided to rando drop a Horizon State of Play pre-E3. Start building that hype train early rolling into a bad ass God of War reveal and other stuff.
So you think that it would be more likely for Sony to not only randomly scoop MS on announcing something for E3, but also prepare a gameplay demo in a few days, than it would be for an MS "insider" to see the Sony announcement, and then quickly make up some bullshit? Seriously?

splattered

So you think that it would be more likely for Sony to not only randomly scoop MS on announcing something for E3, but also prepare a gameplay demo in a few days, than it would be for an MS "insider" to see the Sony announcement, and then quickly make up some bullshit? Seriously?

Not what i said, but sure... obviously they've been working on this stuff for summer announcements, but the timeline not set in stone. Just seems random to sporadically push this out ahead of E3 for no reason.

reksveks

except he posted it a couple of days ago?

It could be fake/fuck all but it ain't in response to the Sony announcement

Last edited:

This new comment comes from Klobrille, who has a storied record of leaking Xbox-related announcements ahead of time. Over on the Xbox forums, the leaker claimed that current plans have Xbox showcasing five brand new, AAA games at E3 2021 next month in June, although Klobrille is quick to add that plans are very much "still fluctuating" and anything could change between now and then.

Note that, according to the leaker, these five announcements include games surrounding both Xbox Game Pass and Bethesda Game Studios. Of course, Bethesda was purchased last year in September 2020 by Microsoft, with the deal being finalized earlier this year after being cleared to proceed by the European Union.

Of course, "plans still fluctuating" excuse. Whatever will ,not so reliable, insider will do for clicks. Can't forget his "Crackdown 3 will be a hit"

Last edited:

pratyush

More upcoming games reveal. More work for Xbox insiders and Jeff Grubb in future. Atleast they will earn the money they get paid.

Papacheeks

Banned
Last year at the Xbox Games Showcase, Xbox revealed 4 new, AAA games coming from their own studios; Forza Motorsport, State of Decay 3, Avowed and of course, Fable.

For this year including XGSP and Bethesda, so far, I do think I already know about 5 completely new, AAA titles being announced this Summer. Some more expected than others.

Plans are still fluctuating though. At the end of the day, I think it is a fair expectation that gameplay trailers and/or demos should have a bigger presence at least for the already announced things coming this and next year.

He thinks he knows but not sure.

It sounds like xbox people saving face for a Gamepass announcement heavy show. BF6, EA titles coming day to date with Halo infinite , forza and couple bethesda titles. I have my expectations super low, so anything they do will hopefully surprise me.

Maybe we see avowed gameplay. I heard thats far along.

Papacheeks

Banned
Nah, fuck this Klobrille guy.

He's the same idiot that said MS will have a "NIGHT OF MIC DROPS" during their summer event last year.

Fuck him.

Did he really say that? Last year was not good, like at all. People hyping up crossfire, and Bright Memory infinite can go pound sand. Those games look hella generic, I mean crossfire campaign could be cool it's done by remedy. But those games dont make me want to sign up for gamepass let alone buy a series x.

There were really no mic drops last year. Sony had those in fucking spades with look of the console, demons souls launch title, miles morales launch title, and a showing of big games like FF16, Ratchet gameplay and tease to horizon, god of war.

I hope to god MS isn't using bethesda for most of their big reveals game wise. It's not going to show internal confidence in projects that have been now going on for 2-3 years. Some even longer.

reinking

Gold Member
Since XB/Sony likes to tease like a Jr high school girl what kind of reveal are we talking about? I'm not expecting to get to home plate.

1st base title card?
2nd base cgi?
3rd base gameplay demo?

Edit - that sounded creepy. To clarify, I mean when I was in Jr high.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Better have some damn gameplay.

Nah, fuck this Klobrille guy.

He's the same idiot that said MS will have a "NIGHT OF MIC DROPS" during their summer event last year.

Fuck him.
Yeah...after last year I will keep expectations firmly in check.

I dont remember if he was one of those saying that, but I do remember some others that did. In another thread I said I think some were trolling because the folks I remember saying there will be mic drops usually had Sony info, lol.

Maybe some dont know, but many of us are aware of CGI and it just isnt the same like when we were younger, not really knowing what that was back then.

And today I just realized Sony has been using the captured on [console] with the PS4 last gen, didnt notice this until looking at old clips.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Seems about right. I'm expecting the four below but haven't been able to figure out the fifth.

- Forza Horizon 5
- Project Typhoon
- Project Omen
- Wolfenstein III

VolticArchangel

Gold Member
Let's see what all the internet leaks and educated guesses can come up with.

Already confirmed for this year officially are Halo Infinite, and Microsoft Flight Sim if Asobo is to be believed.

So, the leaks have us:

1. Starfield (2022 or beyond)
2. Forza Horizon 5 (this year)

Educated guesses:

1. Gears 6 (2022, gears follows a 3 year dev cycle, not counting UE as a mainline game)
2. inExile RPG that's been hinted at being first person, CGI trailer (2022 0r 2023)
3. Hellblade 2, Ninja Theory has been teasing on twitter with (LOL) cloud pictures (2022 or 2023)

and finish the press conference with a TESVI re-reveal or Fallout: New Vegas Remake to bring in hype/micdrop/"one more thing" moment.

Skullkid94700

Neo Member
This is so vague it kills me. 5 New AAA reveals doesn't mean much to me sadly. There are things that could count as a "reveal" when they are common sense.

Don't they use the term World Premiere for games that are being "revealed" for the first time?

I get that its a leak, and the leaker is talking very broadly but its so vague that it might as well be a leak about Minecraft 2, Fallout 4 Remastered, Halo 3 remastered, Halo 5 to MCC (which would be dope, Warzone is great) and Banjo Kazooie Racer 2: The nuts are brass now.

I hope MS has a good showing still. They need to see their last console out with a bang.

Verchod

When the number of studios they now own, I should hope they have at least 5 new games to show. Depends on what the ever changing philosophy is on showing games early.

Top Bottom