• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox April 2022 internal sales data: 74.8% Series S and 25.1% Series X.

Bernoulli

M2 slut
For April 2022 Microsoft forecasted Xbox hardware sell in to be 64.9% Series S and 35.1% Series X.Instead, the actuals were 74.8% Series S and 25.1% Series X.That's a massive difference, fueled by the at the time extreme supply shortages thanks to the pandemic.

PpQuFel.jpg

Tsaki

Forecasted: 64.9% to 35.1%
Actual: 74.8% to 25.1%
Now the question is when was the forecast done? If it was done months and months before then supply issues might be the reason. But if the results were close timing wise to the forecast, then they would already know the supply situation and should calculate accordingly.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Release a white 2TB Series X.....no one will buy it.......but I will think about it

splattered

Meanwhile i'm one of those weirdos that have four Series X in the house and zero S.

They are fucked with this 4tf.
They will need to make a short gen.

They just might... i think Heisenberg may be onto something predicting MS full starts their next gen a year or two after Sony puts out a PS5 Pro model. They completely stand to lose the TF/power narrative if they do that though unless they go all out super crazy on the next box making literally zero profit to make it as strong as possible to the consumer.

danklord

Gold Member
Sell In being the key word here, not consumer sales. I'm surprised retailers are buying a lot of it as the overall sales seem to be poor, but I wonder if this number is reflective of promotions like the Free Xbox Series S when you switch to Verizon.

Tsaki

They just might... i think Heisenberg may be onto something predicting MS full starts their next gen a year or two after Sony puts out a PS5 Pro model. They completely stand to lose the TF/power narrative if they do that though unless they go all out super crazy on the next box making literally zero profit to make it as strong as possible to the consumer.
They always sell at a loss during launch. Spencer said a year ago that they were losing, as of that time, $100-$200 per Series console, so probably more than that at launch in November 2020. And these consoles have had zero revisions (while PS5 is about to have its third and the disk SKU has been profitable since June 2021) so they still lose a lot for each unit even now. So if they release 2 years earlier there is no chance they have better hardware than PS6.

Crayon

Wtf I had no idea it was that skewed. How much of those series s were bought during the two years where you couldn't get a PS5, too? And how many more were given away in cracker jack boxes?

That makes so few series x out there. See? People will absolutely switch ecosystems when they go through a whole gen feeling like they bet on the wrong horse. Those digital libraries: piles of games someone has already played or had stack up on subscriptions, are not the be all end all.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Should have made it 6-8tf, all digital, 16gb of fast RAM and made that the only SKU.

They’ve just gone with the worst of both worlds here. A premium machine that’s outstripped by both PS5 models and a cheaper machine that’s handicapped by a poor RAM configuration and underpowered GPU.

There’s nothing saying they have to compete with Sony spec wise. Just release a good £349 machine instead.

Top Bottom