• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Nacon team up to release the new 'iPhone MGX-Pro' controller for mobile and Game Pass gaming. €120|$125

Like the MG-X Pro for Android, which has won critical acclaim since its release in January 2022, the MG-X Pro Made For iPhone® provides all the classic controls of an Xbox controller for cloud gaming on mobile with Game Pass Ultimate™ and with any compatible game in the Apple Store. The MG-X Pro Made for iPhone® is compatible with a wide range of iPhone® models, from the 6S to the latest, thanks to its adjustable holder and Bluetooth® connectivity.
Features of the NACON MG-X Pro:

• The Xbox experience wherever you are: Designed for Xbox and Made For iPhone® – ideal for playing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate™ games and other compatible games in the Apple Store
• Ergonomic handles: ergonomically designed and a textured surface for optimal comfort
• Fully secure: the adjustable holder holds the smartphone securely and ensures maximum stability
• Wireless connection: easy to pair an iPhone® with the MG-X Pro Made For iPhone® via Bluetooth®
• 20 hours battery life*: powerful rechargeable battery for long gaming sessions, charges via the included USB-C cable. LED indicator shows the battery level
• Universal compatibility: compatible with all iPhone® models from the 6S to recent models running iOS 14
* Xbox Game Pass Ultimate not included.
Battery life will vary according to the game being played.

The MG-X Pro Made For iPhone® controller is available for a recommended retail price of €120 from 2 December 2022 via Amazon UK
NACON-Announce-iPhone-MG-X-Pro-Controller-Featured-min.jpg

NACON-Announce-iPhone-MG-X-Pro-Controller-2-min-640x399.jpg

nacon-mg-x-pro-iphone-controller.jpg

nacon-mg-x-iphone-inkeping.jpg

This looks interesting. I always preferred the side-to-side controllers over the regular controller with a grip above it for the phone.

This one unlike the earlier Android one goes for a design similar to a Xbox controller, and looks to be beneficial for those who use Game Pass on their phones.

I'm actually surprised the didn't include a GP trial with this controller. It would have given consumers a better incentive to buy, but the quality looks pretty good on its own. 20 hours of battery life is a big plus too.

Also it's Backwards Compatible. You can use it with most Iphone models going all the way back to the 6S.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
My backbone just died. Had it for about 14 months. First the down on the road stopped, then the left bumper, then finally the left stick. Basically the left side was all fucked up. I’m waiting to see if I get any amazon gift cards for Christmas, to buy another one, or a different controller. I’ll wait and see how this one reviews.

Top Bottom