• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

tmlDan

i legit have no interest in any of these but Avowed and i hope it doesnt look as trash as last time, Indiana Jones is a dead franchise to me at this point

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sounds good, updates on what I want. Hopefully a couple of dates as well

Haven't we had a few of those already?

Its time we get solid gameplay slice and release date

If it's the same as DD 2023, all the games they show will release in the same calendar year.

For Forza, they did not put a date on it at the direct, but it still released in the same year, so if they don't put a date on a game or two in the Direct itself, doesn't mean it can't still release the same year.

Lets Go Nba GIF by Storyful

Plus

So at the usual COD events and Blizzcon I imagine.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Nobody was more excited about Avowed than me until I saw the last presentation and then completely lost interest.

We will see if that interest returns.

They seem deadset on promoting Hellblade 2 in a way that doesn’t make it interesting.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Does anyone out there younger then like 35-40 care for an Indy game? I mean the last good movie was “The Last Crusade” which will be 35 years since release sometime this year.

Also, considering current trends and the last couple of movies it could be just terrible, heavily laden with “messaging” Sweet Baby Inc style (are they involved?).
Hey I'm 30 and depending on the game I'd be interested, and 30 is exceptionally young OK?

RedC

In to see Avowed and Indy. The rest can fuck right off.

(I swear to god if Indy is first person….please don’t be first person)
I hope Indiana Jones isn’t first person. I’ll be interested to see if Avowed has improved at all, was not impressed with its last showing.
Given Machine Games gameography has all been first-person games, I think it's safer to assume this Indy game is first-person until stated otherwise.

Given Machine Games gameography has all been first-person games, I think it's safer to assume this Indy game is first-person until stated otherwise.

Fuck sake. Lame if true. Xbox certainly love first person don’t they. Thank god for Hellblade.

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
This feels to me a small sidestep of the last few days drama about them becoming third party maybe putting some of their games on concurrent consoles. The word commitment just jumped at me. Good to see more about Awowed. What I find curious is that unlike Nintendo Direct and Sony state of play, who just give us a tease/ short summary of what will be shown, we learned a lot about this upcoming direct.

They did one of these around the same
Time last year even without any rumors.

They also shared a similar preview last year.

Haven't we had a few of those already?

Its time we get solid gameplay slice and release date

Haven’t people been demanding they show how it’s improved from the last game?
Breaking down the changes is one way to do that.

Nice, a third party direct. EA and Ubi should about this format too.

All the others have been announced as xbox console exclusive, so you must truly have been looking forward to the Elder Scrolls Online 2024 expansion 🤣

Ozriel

M$FT
FH6 (Japan) is supposed to be this year too. Probably a summer reveal and traditional October release.

No real rumblings about this, right? i think it’s just an assumption based on the typical release cadence Playground used?

FH5 is still selling well and generating lots of revenue so they’ll probably wait until 2025

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
No real rumblings about this, right? i think it’s just an assumption based on the typical release cadence Playground used?

FH5 is still selling well and generating lots of revenue so they’ll probably wait until 2025
They really should. I feel I barely got through FH5.

reinking

Gold Member
Looking forward to what they show. I hope we get some real gameplay footage and not a lot of hot air/marketing speak.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I simply can't imagine IJ game with the 1st person perspective, so hopefully they're making Uncharted / Tomb Raider-like game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom