• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
May 21st, confirmed.

HCEQvnk.png

Last edited:

Larivel

Game was revealed like 5 years ago, comes out this year and we still havent seen at least 1 minute of interrupted gameplay...

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Spencer sucks really hard with marketing games.
Hellblade 2 looks really really good, but at least show more of the game. Way too much talking and too little showing.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
i don't understand why they are holding back the combat so much. WTF it's not like we don't know what it is. Just show it...have somebody actually playing the game. We've heard enough from the devs.

Ulysses 31

Haven't played the first game but did the voices state obvious things there too? I feel it errs too much in the tell, don't show territory.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So far with HB2 talk, I dont think there's been one second talking about gameplay. It's all story, acting, and now singing.

I knew those early promos showing in game gameplay were misleading. This game is going to be mostly a non-gameplay kind of game.

Good for GP gamers who can test. For those who aren't be weary. If you are looking for a highly stylized story driven game with some sword swingin here and there, go for it. If you are looking for a Ninja Gaiden or DMC action ball buster, avoid.

Dont be tricked into thinking a warrior character with a sword means it's an action game.

Last edited:

skyfall

I appreciate their passion, but I think they forgot this is a video game (hellblade)

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finally something good, not from Microsoft lol

Go_Ly_Dow

I live in Cambridge, UK and about 20mins from the Ninja Theory studio. If anyone wants to see some actual gameplay I could pay their studio a visit tomorrow with my phone and capture some footage.

saintjules

i don't understand why they are holding back the combat so much. WTF it's not like we don't know what it is. Just show it...have somebody actually playing the game. We've heard enough from the devs.

I mean they have 4 months until release. They have to stagger some footage I'd imagine.

skyfinch

That's it for Hellblade? That's what you're showing and the game is out in a few months?! I predicting low to mid 70s. Same bullshit that happened with Forza.

Killjoy-NL

Hellblade looks good. Maybe it's because I played it in the dark, with headphones, while on edibles that really enhanced the experience, but I absolutely loved the first.
Hellblade 1 was an amazing game. Didn't play it with headphones, but with surround sound it was an outstanding experience all the same.
I actually loved the combat as well.

HB2 seems to be the same, with some upgrades.
But that's all it is, more of the same. It'll be a great game, but not the system-seller people were claiming it's going to be.

Top Bottom