• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 plays XBOX imports and backups ? video

eso76

tetsuoxb said:
video loads into nothingness for me... maybe you should watch things before you post them. :)

Well, in fact i tried to, but couldn't see anything either :D
But it happens often for me here at work, so i thought it was a problem with this pc/connection...

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Downloaded the video and it shows a hand putting a burnt dvd of an xbox game "something something 2" on the hand written label, into a tard-pack xbox360, and the screen says "You must have a harddrive to play original Xbox games."

So apparently the Xbox360 recognizes non-originals, but with no harddrive present its nothing pointing at it acually playing it.

Jerkface

Banned
The hard-drive contains the emulator and thus the security measures. All it does when it isn't attached is looks at the default.xbe and tells you it can't play it.

eso76

chigiri said:
Downloaded the video and it shows a hand putting a burnt dvd of an xbox game "something something 2" on the hand written label, into a tard-pack xbox360, and the screen says "You must have a harddrive to play original Xbox games."

So apparently the Xbox360 recognizes non-originals, but with no harddrive present its nothing pointing at it acually playing it.

Ok, so the video means nothing at all.
Even an unmodded xbox recognizes imports and backups (on the dashboard it will say GAME) but won't boot them.
That could have resulted in people being able to hop on live with hacked backups and pretty much ruin online games

Top Bottom