• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Jesus, Cornette is such an unlikable dude. I mean...jesus, does anything make that dude happy in life anymore? What a miserable husk of a human being. I know nothing of this wrestler, but FFS AEW NEEDS! more, and better female talent so she fits that spot. Who the fuck is out there unemployed that is worth signing right now?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Jesus, Cornette is such an unlikable dude. I mean...jesus, does anything make that dude happy in life anymore? What a miserable husk of a human being. I know nothing of this wrestler, but FFS AEW NEEDS! more, and better female talent so she fits that spot. Who the fuck is out there unemployed that is worth signing right now?
Tessa? She has baggage though.

Dthomp

I know Corny has a hate boner of epic levels for Kenny, but here's the thing. If you are going to bring in Shida (Who is their best female WRESTLER), you need people who can work with her right now, that's where the japanese women come in, not to mention you need stuff that makes you different. WCW had its cruiserweight division, I think having a solid group of these japanese females can only help a god awful womens division.

Vega would be ideal, but who knows how much she makes from Twitch, she may be comfortable right now, or just taking time off with pandemic and no crowds to rile up. I don't see them touching Tessa with a 10 foot pole, I think both them and WWE would love to sign her AFTER she puts in a little time elsewhere to try to rub some of that stink off of her

dave_d

I always wonder where Taya Valkyrie is going to go. Then again maybe she wants to take a year or 2 off and have a baby or something.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I know Corny has a hate boner of epic levels for Kenny, but here's the thing. If you are going to bring in Shida (Who is their best female WRESTLER), you need people who can work with her right now, that's where the japanese women come in, not to mention you need stuff that makes you different. WCW had its cruiserweight division, I think having a solid group of these japanese females can only help a god awful womens division.

Vega would be ideal, but who knows how much she makes from Twitch, she may be comfortable right now, or just taking time off with pandemic and no crowds to rile up. I don't see them touching Tessa with a 10 foot pole, I think both them and WWE would love to sign her AFTER she puts in a little time elsewhere to try to rub some of that stink off of her
Tessa burned the shit out of the Impact bridge. MLW? ROH? Not too many other places to go and make any money. AAA maybe.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I always wonder where Taya Valkyrie is going to go. Then again maybe she wants to take a year or 2 off and have a baby or something.

I wonder what Johnnys contract is, cause I can't imagine he's thought much of this WWE run being Mizs sidekick and barely ever actually performing. AEW could use her, and it's be a great step towards luring him away...and my secret plan of hoping everybody returns so we get Lucha Underground/AEW showdown

chillinggamers_

Neo Member
I love JC. He is right about AEW in many ways. Their women's division is a joke. And a bunch of Japanese women will not bring in numbers outside of the AEW audience.

Bullet Club

HgeTfs6.jpg

Bullet Club

The Natural One' is a career retrospective on Michael Modest, a legend of independent pro wrestling. This feature length extensive sit-down interview also features testimonials from former wrestling students and peers, and exclusive footage of his career. Featured in the acclaimed professional wrestling documentary, 'Beyond the Mat', Modest has wrestled all over the world. We talked to Michael Modest about his start in the business, his relationship with Roland Alexander, the REAL story of his Beyond the Mat tryout match with Tony Jones, how Pro Wrestling Iron split off from All Pro Wrestling, his involvement with Pro Wrestling Noah in Japan, & lots of hilarious and heartbreaking stories from his career along the way. Modest also shares memories about the people he lost in the business, like Mike Lockwood (Crash Holly) and Mark "Bison" Smith. This is The Natural One, Michael Modest, in his own words.

Kagey K

Banned
Kurt Angle is the latest to have a podcast with Conrad. Giving it a listen now.

Jesus how does Conrad have any time to do the mortgage thing with all these podcasts he’s doing? I like his stuff though. Listened to tons of the Bruce Pritchard stuff and just started the ones with Schavoine, Bischoff and JR.

Any other ones I should be checking out?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I remember modest in wcw. He had a famous try out match with Christopher Daniel's that was amazing until scott Steiner came in and squashed them. I always thought he would be a big deal. Everybody stole his finisher at least.

NickFire

I didn't even realize there was a ppv last night until I saw the headlines about Miz. I still like the Miz's act, but I hope they use this to elevate Lashley tonight. The hurt business has been one of a few segments I actually watch when fast forwarding through Raw. It's time to elevate their act, especially Lashley. WWE needs something fresh, and they have great potential if given that final push.

Dthomp

I didn't even realize there was a ppv last night until I saw the headlines about Miz. I still like the Miz's act, but I hope they use this to elevate Lashley tonight. The hurt business has been one of a few segments I actually watch when fast forwarding through Raw. It's time to elevate their act, especially Lashley. WWE needs something fresh, and they have great potential if given that final push.

Yeah I tuned in last night since my sub was still good for a few more days, but as somebody who used to enjoy the Miz...I wish he'd just go away. I get that he's a solid PR guy for the company, blah blah, but the dude hasn't improved or evolved since basically his first ever title. His act is BEYOND stale as of 5 years ago, and it's still the same annoying Go Away heat, that WWE seems to think is actual heat. I'd love nothing more then Lashley beating Miz for the belt tonight cause it means I only need to deal with shitty Miz as champ for 1 segment. I had recently canceled my YoutubeTV which was my way of watching Raw/SD/AEW so I'm on a break from wrestling, and I can't think of a better time to step away.

I seriously think it's time to either move the rumble to February, or completely remove the PPVs between Rumble and Mania. Miz cash in was beyond obvious when the Raw chamber was the main event, Roman coming out right after was the second most obvious thing of the SD chamber after Bryan "hurt" himself at the beginning. Bryan and Roman could put on an Epic Mania match, but I guess we better put over 47 year old 4 times a year wrestler Edge....

Last rant, I'm not really usually a big body guy when it comes to champions, but since his wife posts workout videos I know the Miz has a top tier workout setup at home. Would it kill him to use it? You just had 5 out of six physically built dudes going at it in the chamber for flabby Miz to be the guy closing the show. I'll leave my last Miz thought here, outside of not improving in the ring AT ALL in over a decade, he hasn't cut an even interesting promo since the Talking Smack thing with Daniel Bryan.

Top Bottom