• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

cryptoadam

Banned
Wrestling is just goofy without the crowds. It really just doesn't work for me.

Hopefully they can eventually get over this lame crowdless wrestling. Even if you could just have like 20 people with some TV magic and a good mic you can make it look bigger.

Bullet Club

Fd2erex.jpg

zbdWim0.png

cryptoadam

Banned
I don't know there is this little thing called the Corona virus that might have to do with his stock drop.

Vince just getting money so he can pay his employees and werstlers. The accountant or camera man still needs to get his payroll even if Goldberg got paid a Million bucks for a Saudi show.

Actually it is a bit smart and sneaky on VKM's part. He will probably get some government stimulus money, and he sold stock before it drops even more. With no house shows, raws, SDL's, PPVs for probably 3 to 12 months who knows how low the stock can go. Meanwhile take stimulus money and then when shit is back he can buy back his stock at the price he sold it or even lower.

DKehoe

I don't know there is this little thing called the Corona virus that might have to do with his stock drop.

Vince just getting money so he can pay his employees and werstlers. The accountant or camera man still needs to get his payroll even if Goldberg got paid a Million bucks for a Saudi show.

Actually it is a bit smart and sneaky on VKM's part. He will probably get some government stimulus money, and he sold stock before it drops even more. With no house shows, raws, SDL's, PPVs for probably 3 to 12 months who knows how low the stock can go. Meanwhile take stimulus money and then when shit is back he can buy back his stock at the price he sold it or even lower.

He wouldn’t be selling off stock for payroll though. He’s not using his own personal money for that. Also, because of the TV deals they are insanely profitable right now. So I doubt it’s much of a concern right now.

Fox Mulder

Wrestling is just goofy without the crowds. It really just doesn't work for me.

Hopefully they can eventually get over this lame crowdless wrestling. Even if you could just have like 20 people with some TV magic and a good mic you can make it look bigger.

yeah, I don’t want to see some of these great matches wasted in silence. At least wwe finally changed camera location to face the stage and NXT had no seats with the lights down.

I haven’t watched any of the NWA show on YouTube, so I might start that.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Nah, it will be worth watching.

Corny & Sandman being on it makes it worth watching even more, not less.

And here it is!

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
What did AEW do to Kylie Rae? You would think she would have signed there instead of Impact. I say that as the sole Impact stan on this forum lol.

DKehoe

What did AEW do to Kylie Rae? You would think she would have signed there instead of Impact. I say that as the sole Impact stan on this forum lol.

It’s an odd one for sure. When she left AEW I wondered if it was just an anxiety thing and she didn’t want that kind of spotlight. Impact isn’t as big but it’s still on TV, so her signing with them would seem to disprove it being it. There’s rumours about what happened, stuff like her and Brandi got in a fight or that Jericho tried to fuck her. But we’ll probably never know. It’s a pity since she seems pretty good from what I’ve seen of her and AEW’s women’s division could use her. Hope she does well in Impact.

Last edited:
The first night, wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Wrestlemania moment belongs to KO with that Senton on the sign through the table on Rollins. Worst match was Becky vs Shayna. Best match was the ladder match, and I thought the boneyard match was Broken Matt cheesy, but entertaining and loved the return of the American Badass

Dthomp

It seems I'm in the minority, but I hated almost all of tonights show, and it's mainly the empty arena format. I think some of it falls on the performers and the fact that many of them don't know how to string things together because they are so used to breaks to play to the crowd or wait for crowd reaction. KO/Seth was fine, but after what feels like 4 months of them and their buddies fighting on Raw I just don't care anymore. Becky/Shayna wasn't great, but I feel that way about most Shayna matches, and this kind of protects them both and sets up for Becky to lose when there are actual crowds again.

Womans tag match was bad, I love Alexa, but I think the hate I have for empty arena matches is intensified with tag matches. They all looked kind of drunk out there, a few botches that should have been reshot, and the finish definitely should have been.

Ladder Match- I skipped this one so I can't comment on the quality, I just truly don't care about any of the men involved in the match, and I feel bad Morrison returned for this run he's had so far.

Title match was meh, I had a feeling Bill was losing since he was going to lose to Roman and they sure as shit weren't going to pay him months to sit home with their belt. Braun will do nothing with this and drop it to Roman almost immediately, or maybe back to the Fiend to drop to Roman when we return to fan shows.

AJ/Taker - Another one where I'm in the minority. AJ is one of the GREATEST wrestlers of our time, and this is his WM match? Seen enough of this match with the Broken Matt stuff that Vince didn't get, but I'm sure he loved this....It was entertaining, but a waste of AJ IMO.

After watching this I want to watch tomorrow even less. This whole Mania had me pumped for Drew earning his moment that he will never get to truly appreciate with the whole arena erupting and massive pops Monday night after. I legit feel so sorry for the guy, and just shows that this show should have been delayed and just replaced Summerslam or Survivor Series with a small less then 1 month build to hype us all back up.

Hinedorf

Banned
Would've been fine if not for that last match with the taker, the thoughts in my head "it's like watching a bad movie" within a few minutes my friend texted the same exact words to me....... there's wrestling and there's whatever the fuck that was

cryptoadam

Banned
Wrestling isnt wrestling without the crowd. Its pretty much the whole point of modern wrestling

Cant fault the wrestlers too. Going from 60K and the biggest show of the year to an empty performance center with a global pandemic isnt easy.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Sting came out to Seek and Destroy by Metallica in the last few years of WCW... Now Undertaker is coming out to Metallica... Are they trying to tell us something? lol. Just do the match. Give Sting a year to get in enough shape to not make a fool of himself. He deserves better than the Triple H match he got.

Firefly Fun House match was friggin' hysterical and meta as hell. Bray truly is a creative genius.

Props to Cena for going all-in on the idea as well, he played his part really well.

DKehoe

ROH put the Blood Generation vs Do Fixer match from 2006 up on their YouTube channel. If you haven’t seen it before you should definitely check it out.

Bullet Club

One name stands the test of time when talking legendary promoter is Paul Boesch and Houston Wrestling. The long-time NWA Promoter presented wrestling in the city of Houston in the 1960s, 70s and 80s featuring the biggest names of all of wrestling from every major wrestling organization.

This special presentation of Paul Boesch's Houston Wrestling features legends of the National Wrestling Alliance like Andre The Giant, NWA Worlds Champion Harley Race who is holding the Ten Pounds of Gold, Superstar Billy Graham, Mil Mascaras, Bruiser Brody, Gino Hernandez and so many more.

This video also features classic commercials from the era featuring Dusty Rhodes and others. Plus in action - Gino Hernandez & Superstar Billy Graham.

The National Wrestling Alliance is proud of its history across all the territories and the seventy plus years of the NWA.

Javthusiast

Banned
Vince don't give a fuck, lmao. Cares only about the mula.

In regards to Pro Wrestling Sheet's report of WWE going live regularly again next week, we heard the same thing during WWE Smackdown. Fightful was told that a "very aggressive" Vince McMahon made the decision, and many on the talent roster are unhappy about it. He was at the Friday Smackdown. Some at the WWE tapings were given a letter in case they were questioned by law enforcement, stating that they are "essential media."

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Undertaker vs AJ Styles was great and it was awesome to see American Badass Undertaker again. I hope they will have a proper match later this year.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

The new jack episode was great. I didn't hear about this show until the benoit episode.

Vince don't give a fuck, lmao. Cares only about the mula.

WWE might as well try, might even be their big tv contracts are forcing it. The UFC only got shut down from private island events by Disney/ESPN, as the UFC wanted to fulfill its obligation to hold 42 events in 2020 for their contract.

Last edited:

obin_gam

Havent watched these crowdless matches at all since today, and after checking them out, a couple of AEW and half a WWE one, I realize what huge part of the show the crowd actually is. Sure there is some entertainment to be found in some of them - the Shida/Baker match fun as hell, but everything is dependent on the crowd reaction algorithm.
I hope the companies survive this season, because this sport depserately needs crowds to funtion imo :/

cryptoadam

Banned
Havent watched these crowdless matches at all since today, and after checking them out, a couple of AEW and half a WWE one, I realize what huge part of the show the crowd actually is. Sure there is some entertainment to be found in some of them - the Shida/Baker match fun as hell, but everything is dependent on the crowd reaction algorithm.
I hope the companies survive this season, because this sport depserately needs crowds to funtion imo :/

I would at this point just CGI a crowd in and pipe in crowd noise. Wrestling without reactions just doesn't work for me.

Top Bottom