• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Bullet Club

VrOen5V.gif

cryptoadam

Banned
So wrestling is basically done for now. I wonder how long WWE and AEW are gonna run empty arenas.

WWE should just tape a bunch of stuff and try and stretch it for as long as possible.

Bullet Club

They can just do small NWA style studio shows for a couple of months. Crank out a few months worth of shows over a two week period and then send everybody home. Record some extra stuff for the Network.

GreatnessRD

This is going to be an unorthodox Wrestlemania since they haven't outright canceled it. Since I was attending this year, I wonder if they're going to allow me to watch it for free on the network since I'm not a subscriber? Or when they issue refunds will they just tell me to purchase it out of that, lol. Kinda sucks a lot as I've never been to Tampa, FL. Was gonna be another notch on the belt. *Shrugs*

I've missed Edge. The man has charisma. And ironically, the crowd not being there made it feel more real, it's simply an old-fashioned man-to-man fight.

Karmic Raze

I really don’t think they should have WrestleMania in the Performance Center. They should have just delayed in for a few months. It’s going to be really fucking weird having no crowd for Mania.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullet Club

h3PMZKh.png

-- At least for this week, whether it was people needing entertainment or a combination of airing the Royal Rumble and having Steve Austin, Undertaker, and Edge on the show, a Raw almost devoid of first-run wrestling did 2.34 million viewers.

It was the best number for the show since February 17, and up eight percent from last week.

Raw still took the top three spots in 18-49 with a 0.76 average, with no cable news show beating 0.55.

Raw continued its daylight savings time pattern of the second hour being the highest rated, perhaps because of the re-airing of this year's men's Royal Rumble match. Austin was saved for last, and there was a very significant second to third hour drop of 15 percent.

The first-to-third hour drops in the key demos were not far off what a normal show would get, with women 18-49 down 11 percent from hour one-to-three, men 18-49 down 13 percent, and teenage boys down 19 percent. Teenage girls actually grew

Raw was 14th for the night overall on cable with the news shows on CNN, Fox News, and MSNBC doing well above usual numbers.

Raw was down 13 percent from the same week last year.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 2.41 million viewers
9 p.m. 2.49 million viewers
10 p.m. 2.11 million viewers

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
If AEW can get people to buy into Matt Hardy and Brodie Lee, that's another indictment of how WWE is creatively incompetent.
Hardcore fans have always sung their praises, the hurdle WWE had was making their more mainstream audience care for them in long term. From what I've seen, AEW's fanbase is comprised of almost exclusively hardcore wrestling fans, so that audience will care, but it still won't make someone like Brodie Lee a household name. TNA had a very similar issue with a lot of it's stars.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
The last AEW Dynamite was way better than the last RAW and Smackdown, even without the fans.

Sad that Brodi Lee and Matt Hardy didnt get to debut with fans.

The fans would have gone batshit crazy after Brodi Lee appeared and in the end Matt Hardy on the balcony. That would have been amazing with several 100 fans screaming "holy Shit"

chillinggamers_

Neo Member
The last AEW Dynamite was way better than the last RAW and Smackdown, even without the fans.

Sad that Brodi Lee and Matt Hardy didnt get to debut with fans.

The fans would have gone batshit crazy after Brodi Lee appeared and in the end Matt Hardy on the balcony. That would have been amazing with several 100 fans screaming "holy Shit"
A holy shit chant for Matt Hardy in 2020, oh my. TNA Lite is getting serious.

Dthomp

Watched Dynamite, and I feel bad for Lee and Matt not having a crowd, the pops and chants would have been epic. You could just hear the entire arena chanting DELETE at the end there the second there was a Vanguard 1 sighting.

I was shocked I enjoyed the show. So far these empty arena shows have been beyond boring to me. I am praying that they aren't allowed to run WM from a site and it gets delayed. I can't think of how bad mania would be without a live crowd. They don't have enough talent to put on entertaining enough matches otherwise. And I feel beyond bad for Drew here. Dude busted his ass to improve and come back and he is set for his biggest win of his career and a pop that would blow the roof off an arena and he'll have no crowd.

GeorgPrime

Banned
Watched Dynamite, and I feel bad for Lee and Matt not having a crowd, the pops and chants would have been epic. You could just hear the entire arena chanting DELETE at the end there the second there was a Vanguard 1 sighting.

I was shocked I enjoyed the show. So far these empty arena shows have been beyond boring to me. I am praying that they aren't allowed to run WM from a site and it gets delayed. I can't think of how bad mania would be without a live crowd. They don't have enough talent to put on entertaining enough matches otherwise. And I feel beyond bad for Drew here. Dude busted his ass to improve and come back and he is set for his biggest win of his career and a pop that would blow the roof off an arena and he'll have no crowd.

MJF and Shawn Spears on the sidelines was great. Hope they continue like this with wrestler sitting there as viewers.

It was funny when Sammy was singing Jerichos song and Jericho was like "WTH dude" xD

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I wonder how the smaller companies are going to get through this. Impact is owned by a network so I think they'll be okay. ROH is owned by Sinclair so they should also live through this. What about MLW though? Or NWA?

Bullet Club

NWA should be fine. They don't have a TV deal so won't be losing money by not doing shows and I don't think they have anyone signed to big contracts, so they can just shut up shop for a while if they need to.

MLW should be OK as well, although they do have guys under contract. Don't think they get any money for TV either.

Top Bottom