• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

ManaByte

Awesome Chris Farley GIF

GreatnessRD

Austin actually wrestling as long as he did was impressive. I just knew that segment was gonna be KO getting a shot, Austin hitting a stunner and everyone goes home. But he actually took some real bumps.

Becks and Bianca was match of the night confirmed.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Kevin Owens deserves a lot of praise for essentially carrying that whole segment.

But I was definitely sports entertained.

dave_d

Austin actually wrestling as long as he did was impressive. I just knew that segment was gonna be KO getting a shot, Austin hitting a stunner and everyone goes home. But he actually took some real bumps.
So is he a better current wrestler than say Sting?(Who couldn't clear a row of legos one block high on his stinger splash these days.)

Hinedorf

Banned
So is he a better current wrestler than say Sting?(Who couldn't clear a row of legos one block high on his stinger splash these days.)
Sting has taken some SERIOUS BUMPS whereas Austin delivered his most vicious strikes while clutching the rope, was very clear his knees are just gone and he had no real speed/pop at any time.

KO did a hell of a job to carry it and he really gained a lot of respect in my book, class act

Got in late from golfing so need to watch the show but the Austin part felt pretty sad to me, was a mistake to bring him back for more than just a stunner. Austin's last real match was the Rock, this was not Austin.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

WWE is literally unwatchable. I tuned into a few matches since I get the NBC app for free.
Jake Paul? Yeah no.
Saw a nip slip from Flair's ugly ass.
I simply do not understand Cody crawling back to Vince. Something tells me maybe he has some kinda ultimate pipebomb planned for Vince after he plays nice for a bit.

The Austin match reminded me of a little kid play fighting with his dad where the dad flies across the room everytime the kid took a swing. So fucking stupid embarrassing and dumb. I couldnt even finish it.

GreatnessRD

I'd say yes, but he's also younger than Sting. Sting is approaching Great-Grandfather age (Which is wild to me, lol) But Austin should definitely leave this as a one-off.

dave_d

I'd say yes, but he's also younger than Sting. Sting is approaching Great-Grandfather age (Which is wild to me, lol) But Austin should definitely leave this as a one-off.
He's not the only one. It was nuts that they had Bret Hart in the ring when basically he couldn't fall down or get hit. Of course Mick Foley shouldn't be in the ring ever again since the last few times we've seen him it just looked like everything on him hurt.

GreatnessRD

He's not the only one. It was nuts that they had Bret Hart in the ring when basically he couldn't fall down or get hit. Of course Mick Foley shouldn't be in the ring ever again since the last few times we've seen him it just looked like everything on him hurt.
We don't speak about Bret coming back in the ring. Bret is my favorite wrestler of all-time and that was so tough to watch. I'm not a regular watcher of wrestling these days anyway, but when I was told he came back, and to watch him put on a Struggleshooter it hurt my heart so bad, lol.

Yeah, Foley I think has made his peace and left the ring for good. I can't imagine what he feels like waking up some days or perhaps, everyday.

Hinedorf

Banned
Happy for Lashley's win over Omos and well deserved after taking his strap for Brock/Roman Storyline. For the longest time I wasn't a fan of Lashley but he's transformed into being the personality he exudes in his physicality.

I clapped out loud for the finish, my favorite WM moment thus far

Hinedorf

Banned
Overall a far better WM than the last couple shows at least for me. Though I'm not the biggest fan of all the guys on the roster there were several really great matches. Felt second night ended far better than the first as the first night left me sad about Stone Cold, having him come back for night 2 was exactly what they should've done in night 1.

With all of the plastic surgery on Vince's face he can't make expressions and just looks so bad. Amazing Triple H is the one retiring while Vince continues to embarrass himself.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I think what Cody wants to do in the WWE is something the fans can get behind. I think he’ll do it then retire ?

As for all his WWE attacks while out in the indies they are nothing more than sour grapes ?

NickFire

I think what Cody wants to do in the WWE is something the fans can get behind. I think he’ll do it then retire ?

As for all his WWE attacks while out in the indies they are nothing more than sour grapes ?
It's gonna be interesting to see how the fans react once the new shiny toy feeling wears off. I'm not convinced he can carry the crowd long term.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
It's gonna be interesting to see how the fans react once the new shiny toy feeling wears off. I'm not convinced he can carry the crowd long term.
how long until he is lost in the shuffle or wins the belt only for it to be taken away from him the next day?

I don't know if he really meant those WWE tuants or he was just playing along to go with Young bucks/Kenny Omega vibe? it's just so odd to spent that much time and energy going oh WWE aren't for me, i'm better than that etc. only to turn around and return and act like yeah I never really said all that.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

how long until he is lost in the shuffle or wins the belt only for it to be taken away from him the next day?

I don't know if he really meant those WWE tuants or he was just playing along to go with Young bucks/Kenny Omega vibe? it's just so odd to spent that much time and energy going oh WWE aren't for me, i'm better than that etc. only to turn around and return and act like yeah I never really said all that.
He meant them at the time.

I hope Cody gets what he wants. I watched his promo last night and I wouldn't call it great.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I’m convinced Cody’s theme song should just be his name sung to his current theme song.

“Cody Rhodes, Cody Rhodes …Cody Cody Cody Cody Rhodes”

Hinedorf

Banned
I don't think it was purposeful, just the way the match went.
I really don't get Julia being present on anything other than AEW Dark which I don't watch. I would think there's plenty of women on the roster to keep her off the main show, she just does not look right for this gig. The biggest highlight of her night shouldn't be seeing her pink panties, dunno felt like a bad matchup

Last edited:

AJUMP23

I really don't get Julia being present on anything other than AEW Dark which I don't watch. I would think there's plenty of women on the roster to keep her off the main show, she just does not look right for this gig. The biggest highlight of her night shouldn't be seeing her pink panties, dunno felt like a matchup
Julia is fine, and in a tourney like this you have to use all the talent as you build up to the marque matchups.

Top Bottom