• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Brandi Rhodes taking a shot of Brandi mainstream.

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Brandi Rhodes taking a shot of Brandi mainstream.

At least we never have to watch a Brandi Paige Vanzant match.

RNG

FOdRFqTWQAMnInn

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned

Maybe I'm crazy but these guys were nonexistent in the WWF/E as far as I recall. I only remember them of any relevance in the WCW. At this point they've abused the WWE Hall of fame so much this is like part of some appeasement to Bron Breaker. Really need to stop treating HoF like it's sports and have ONE PERSON enter the hall each mania giving them the proper due.

Seraphym

I don't know if MJF goes to WWE they will leave him be who he 'is' and not repackage him as the Mean Street Posse Mark 2...
Got to say he is one of the best chicken shit heels, but his bell to bell ring work ain't a patch on others. He needs the right mix of guys and girls to take the beat downs for him.

Kagey K

Banned
Maybe I'm crazy but these guys were nonexistent in the WWF/E as far as I recall. I only remember them of any relevance in the WCW. At this point they've abused the WWE Hall of fame so much this is like part of some appeasement to Bron Breaker. Really need to stop treating HoF like it's sports and have ONE PERSON enter the hall each mania giving them the proper due.
They had a short run in the WWF in the early 90s, they did decent, but never broke out as a great tag team like Demolition.

To be fair there wasn't much of a tag team division while they were there.

Last edited:

Dthomp

I don't know if MJF goes to WWE they will leave him be who he 'is' and not repackage him as the Mean Street Posse Mark 2...
Got to say he is one of the best chicken shit heels, but his bell to bell ring work ain't a patch on others. He needs the right mix of guys and girls to take the beat downs for him.

I'd bet this is just a giant work. MJF works because he can say the stuff he does, which we all know does not fly on WWE programming. Dude is a future main eventer in AEW, why leave that and go be a mid card guy in WWE? I'm with you on his in ring work, I think it is AVERAGE at best, and has needed specific style guys to work with so far to look good enough. He'll get there, but it takes time and reps....which he doesn't really get and should be used more on TV then he is in the ring.

AJUMP23

I'd bet this is just a giant work. MJF works because he can say the stuff he does, which we all know does not fly on WWE programming. Dude is a future main eventer in AEW, why leave that and go be a mid card guy in WWE? I'm with you on his in ring work, I think it is AVERAGE at best, and has needed specific style guys to work with so far to look good enough. He'll get there, but it takes time and reps....which he doesn't really get and should be used more on TV then he is in the ring.
Why leave....MONEY MONEY MONEY.

Fox Mulder

He’ll legit be the miz in WWE. Scripted PG heel promos.

dave_d

The thing is MJF tried to get in the WWE in 2015 at 19 years old doing a promo that I thought was pretty good. They actually took a pass on him so who know what they're thinking.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
The thing is MJF tried to get in the WWE in 2015 at 19 years old doing a promo that I thought was pretty good. They actually took a pass on him so who know what they're thinking.

As far as MJF goes in the future we can all speculate on what that future would mean. The Miz carried the WWE championship for like....a day.....he's won major PPV events, he has his own tv show. For all the people who think being the Miz is a bad thing, unless you're the top star... I'm not sure anybody has it as good as Miz and in saying that I will admit I fast forward through almost every segment he's involved in.

MJF has all of the douche charisma I've never seen in Miz and I don't think it's at all fair to compare the trajectory of MJF which IMO is already labeled as a far bigger star than any future potential Miz has.

Would MJF really make more money in WWE? Only if Tony lets him.

At this point MJF is a mid carder and until AEW makes him something different, the future potential in WWE would make me hungry to leave too. Either he's a top draw or he isn't. Brock/Ronda and many others got fast tracked right to the title, if you want to value him, show it, otherwise WWE is a forgone conclusion.

Lastly.....Cowboy has been an awful bar-setting champion as far as how NOT to be. MJF's mic work alone is championship quality which is more than I can say for Cowboy shit.

Naked Lunch

Another all time great AEW Dynamite tonight.
Just really really good actual wrestling, one match after another.
Mox vs Lethal was fire. Yuta finally got the fans behind him - just a great match with Bryan. Love the turn the FTR is making. Toni's debut.
Andrade needed a win so bad - glad it happened - a complete beatdown of Darby. Loved it.

A great 2 hours of entertainment.
With the roster they have - they could do dream matches like this every show. I hope they keep this up.

NickFire

Yes Cowboy Shit has been tedious...
He just can't carry it, it's whether there is actual room for improvement or this is it.
I'm trying to give him a chance because he's pretty good in the ring. It just never clicks though. Maybe its just me, but a 'cowboy" putting bull horns on a Tesla is just too much cringe. Nothing against Tesla's. Just not a fan of weird new age cowboys who are supposed to be bad ass. Beer truck this is not.

dave_d

And on Smackdown we got reminder how messed up WWE is in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. They showed the trophy and of the 7 previous winners a grand total of 2 actually still work for the WWE. (Oh, I guess we'll be get a bunch of releases in the next couple of weeks because they like doing that right after Wrestlemania.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom