• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW ROCKS! just ordered it for $29.99

Amazon.com

I've beta tested this game waaay back, and liked it when it had almost NOTHING, no groups, no PvP nothing..

I tried avoiding MMORPG's cuz like most of you know it murderds your social life. My friens, which I hate and love for this, gave me a guest key and you know the rest...

I'll be playing it after my exams 12th of DEC

here are some screens from my laptop.. Wide-screen rocks btw :D

b9089994.jpg

041e8828.jpg

45fca0d7.jpg

597801d2.jpg

Also a note...Anyone that's a WoW subscriber should have got a deal in your email from Blizzard today that will get them a copy of WoW to give as a "Christmas gift" to someone else for only $19.99 after the mail-in rebate.

Helznicht said:
You guys have some awesome Laptops (not that you didnt already know that) :)

Thanks.. actually I didn't at the beggining, I gave my friend $900 for a laptop when he went to GITEX, and he got this for me :D (Fujitsu Siemens)

Fusebox said:
Welcome back to WoW! And hell yeah widescreen rocks, heres a couple of screenies from my laptop too:

mag1_1.jpg

molten.jpg

garr.jpg

AWESOME screens :D ...

I really loved the widescreen thing, that I'm even thinking of buying this monitor

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/viewspec.hmx?scriteria=BA22064

24-116-373-09.JPG

~$300
Technical Information:

# Attributes: Dual speakers
# Color: Black
# Response Time/Rate: 8 ms
# Viewing Angle (H/V): 160/160 degrees
# Display Type: Widescreen
# Contrast Ratio: 500:1
# Digital Video Standard: Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
# Display Size: 19 in.
# Display Technology: LCD
# Image Brightness: 300 cd/m2
# Internal Resolution (maximum): 1440 x 900
# Connector: HDDB15 15-pin (F)
# Connector: DVI digital 24-pin (F)
# Connector: Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm (F)

Can anyone tell me if its a good monitor? cus the price is very good

Gattsu25

Banned
I wouldn't say WoW rocks or anything...my brother seems to like it, though just like the beta I lost all interest in it fairly quickly

WindyMan

This month's Maxim has a WoW demo disc in it. I had the opportunity to play WoW free for 15 days. I promptly threw it away, because I knew once I popped that thing in my computer I wouldn't be playing anything else for months.

This is the one thing in life where I know what I'm missing, and it's better that I'm missing it.

wow... Thats a pretty huge marketing score.
In other news, we can expect about a million new female night elf Noobs on all servers.

karasu

Yeah! I just started playing the other day. It's wicked addicting. Even though I'm only a level 7 haha.

My laptop:

No action because I'm weak. :/

I was gonna uninstall the game anyway, so I just wanted to see what is it about..

i think its too complicated for me...

can I un-install it?

Skin

almokla said:
I was gonna uninstall the game anyway, so I just wanted to see what is it about..

can I un-install it?

I think you can turn it off on the login page where you pick your character. It should be on the bottom left corner.

Or go C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns and remove it.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
almokla said:

can I un-install it?

Hmmm ... it's been a while since I played WoW (and thus, tinkered with mods). I believe there is an option to remove the mod when you open the Cosmos installer/updater. Failing finding that, you can always just disable (uncheck) any mod from within WoW ... in the lower left hand corner of the character selection screen (IIRC).

Zaptruder

Banned
Dr_Cogent said:
We both played it. I stopped. She didn't. It's an addiction with her now. Good luck.

You dumped your wife over WoW? whoa. haha.

Yeah, its a game that totally does that tho.

anachronous_one said:
Hmmm ... it's been a while since I played WoW (and thus, tinkered with mods). I believe there is an option to remove the mod when you open the Cosmos installer/updater. Failing finding that, you can always just disable (uncheck) any mod from within WoW ... in the lower left hand corner of the character selection screen (IIRC).

Or go into your WTF/interfaces/addons directory and delete it...

sasimirobot

Who/What is on the cover of this months Maxim mag, you mean the US version right?

Sorry Im in SE asia so that might be hard for me to find but Im going to try!

I don't think I'll quit before her, and if that happened I'll just buy her the latest Sims 2 expansion pack to get her to stop playing it.

Raiden

Banned
I played it for over 200 hours, got a lv 40+ Paladin, but got sick of it thanks to the slow level-upping and no good instances at the level.

Might jump back in with the expansion or just on a random time.

I started with a group of my friends about a month ago. It is extremely addictive. I'm not even sure how many hours I've put into it but it's been a big chunk of my free time. I outpaced the group at the beginning so I created an alt and now I have a lvl 29 Tauren Warrior (he's the tank for our group) and a lvl 28 Undead Warlock (alt). Looking forward to lvl 40 for both but Dragon Quest 8 is also taking up a lot of time.

Top Bottom