• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you eat this?

ParaSeoul

Inspired by an older thread about street food. Almost every comment is making fun of it but I dont think it looks that bad,I like seafood and meat pies so I would try it once just to see.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Pie and mash is as common as it gets in England. Give me pie and mash any day. That's a real traditional looking plate with the parsley sauce.

I like eel but I'm not as sold on jellied eel. More on sushi.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Yep. I'm English and pie and mash is one of our classic English dishes.

Jellied eel is popular in East London. I've had it before and enjoyed it.

Looks like a plate of good plate of grub to me. I'd smash that.

BigBooper

What's that green diarrhea poured over the pie? Definitely would eat the pie and potatoes. Wouldn't try the Eel.

Cyberpunkd

As everything related to English cuisine this looks disgusting. Top Chef and Masterchef competitions there must be something else.

Star-Lord

I’m British, so pie and mash is ingrained in my upbringing. It’s a staple over here, both at home and at events such as football matches. You can’t beat a steak and ale pie with creamed potatoes, and plenty of rich onion gravy.

BigBooper

That doesn't look nearly as terrible as some of the things i saw in bizarre foods with zimmern...

Like when he had to eat an egg with an almost full grown chick in it...
I have a friend who went to the Philippines and was served that balut. I'm never going to eat something like that.

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I came from the tit and ass thread and expected something like this.
EBh0sTF.jpg

nush

I'm English, pie and mash sure, but jellied eels no way as I don't like anything really fishy.

Upon hearing the sauce is green due to parsley I'm ok with it. At first I thought it would be like a thinned out mashed peas, which just sounds boring.

Top Bottom