• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would like a Hint, a Cryptic Hint or Message for Resident Evil: Zero

Cutty Flam

Banned
I only want the slightest hinto or message, one that would make me think some but not entirely tell me where to go. I am really fucking stuck right now. Both players are in danger, so any mistake and I'm gone, hit by an enemy and it's game over. I must have been killed 25 times past two times I started up the game

Anyway, this is where I'm at: I have two of the markers (there are three total, I need to locate the third) that represent Umbrella's standards and motto that workers have to essentially give into. Like the company's mantra or whatever the fuck they thought would keep their workers in line. But I found one in the vice. To get that one I had to get a pulling device to loosen said vice in the area with three leech men. I found the one that was atop of a pillar, outside the Mansion's front door. And now, I am completely at a loss of what to do. Here are what I think 'might' be my options:

1) Rebecca can grab this green chemical in a room with hospital beds. There is a file that indicates there are other chemicals around the mansion but they're scattered. And I only know of the green chemical. Green + something is sulfuric acid? And red + blue is a stripping agent I believe. But the issue is, I only know of green chemical, the rest, I don't think I even have access to yet and they are maybe deeper in the game. What is also problematic, is that the green chemical can be used anywhere, at any time, and it will just disappear and be gone, so there is really no indication of where I should put the chemical at the moment. The first time I used it was near the statue of animals room, near one of the bowls that are next to the animal statues

2) I forgot to get the map that is inside the area where you first get signal that Rebecca is in danger and needs your help / rescuing. There are maybe four monkey total that I need to kill, so if i need to go there for the third stone marker, I may have to backtrack to an earlier save....But that room is the room where you turn the dials to make it 70 so that power would be restored to some place. There was file talking about a boiler room or some shit, and I guess it's related to that. But in that area, there is a torture chamber, the room where I turned the dials to meet 70 so that power would be back on, and I think that's about it really. A room with two zombies, one is near a bed pretending to be dead until he grabs you and you must stomp his head, as well as a zombie that was near shotgun ammo and a desk full of four ammunition boxes. But that room is not useful, just trying to give a visual

3) Maybe I need to use the grappling hook somewhere. But no area comes to mind. The area where the grappling hook is found, near the burning train and four zombies, I already tried to use it there but its of no use. There's a fire blocking entry to a door in that same room according to the map. I thought I would have to use the extinguisher near the room with the hose extinguisher but I don't think I can use that in the game

Completely at a loss of what to do, and there is little hope of surviving for very long with all these fucking monkeys everywhere. All I want is a small hint. That would be fun

Would appreciate any clever hint that allows me to maybe get to where I need to with some thought, but doesn't tell me straight away. I know there are some big time oldschool fans of these games so I'm hoping what I'm asking for isn't to difficult. I could just look it up, but i thought this way would be more fun if there are any knowledgeable Resident Evil fans

Cutty Flam

Banned
Slightest?
How about "basement"?
Basement....I'll check all the lower levels and see what I can do. My map atm only has one basement level and that's B1, which is the area with the burning train and the area blocking the door with the fire. But I'm going to check the lower level of the area where I got the duralumin briefcase, as well as fought the hunters again. Might be worth a shot. Thanks man

Remember where you had to do a bit of puzzling with a snake, deer, eagle etc? You want to be looking around there. At least as far as I can remember lol.

Geki-D

Banned
I'm assuming you haven't solved the animal statues puzzle yet either? Clue I'll give you if that it's pointless to pour chemicals all willy-nilly and in till you're very familiar with the core tenants of Umbrella, you needn't try. Handling chemicals in RE Zero requires a woman's touch, btw. Billy can warm the heart of any stone-cold being.

Top Bottom