• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst “Happening” of 2020.. so far?

Worst “Happening” of 2020.. so far?

• Kobe’s Death

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Covid

Votes: 85 73.3%
  • Impeachment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aussie Brushfires

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Drudge Going Left

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ACAB Riots

Votes: 15 12.9%
  • Murder Hornets

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Biden “winning” Nomination

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 5 4.3%

• Total voters

Stouffers

Banned
You shits probably haven’t noticed, but 2020 has been pretty nuts. Which event/happening has been the worst? Covid? Biden lip-kissing his granddaughter?

You guys decide! I made a poll! Vote. Vote for the worst!

TaySan

Banned
Covid is the obvious answer. So many people lost to that shitty virus.

That and my "discovery" so to speak. lmao

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
As someone who loves little murder tree bears / Koala bears I have to say the bush fires.

Compsiox

Banned
Covid ruined everything for this year but if Biden wins we're all fucked forever.

Mao ZeBiden

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
You missed the Iranian plane being shot down and almost starting WW3 back in January. I know it seems like forever ago but it was the catalyst for 2020.

Call me a prophet but all of those poll options are just Skynet distracting us until the 29th...Skynet goes online, and becomes self-aware on August 29th, 2020. When panicking humans try to shut it down, Skynet starts a nuclear war that virtually annihilates humankind. This event is known as Judgement Day.

tumblr_nukv1nNyck1una6fko1_500.gif

990041A8E4F622EE036455EDD5330D9CB10798E6

jolof96

Call me a prophet but all of those poll options are just Skynet distracting us until the 29th...Skynet goes online, and becomes self-aware on August 29th, 2020. When panicking humans try to shut it down, Skynet starts a nuclear war that virtually annihilates humankind. This event is known as Judgement Day.

this would be a welcome change and a way to end 2020 on a high not tbh

brap

Banned
COVID will ease eventually, and as an Aussie the bushfires were a total heartbreak, but... We all lost a King, RIP Chadwick Boseman. You were an inspiration to everyone that knows your story and how hard you fought in the end.
Yeah, some actor dying that you never even met was way worse than tons of people dying from COVID. So many people being inconvenienced or losing jobs but nah some guy from a shitty superhero movie dying was the worst thing to happen. Fucking LMAO.

Rickyiez

Human aren't smart enough to create Skynet yet . As of now , Social Media will be our first downfall :messenger_relieved:

eMPOK

Yeah, some actor dying that you never even met was way worse than tons of people dying from COVID. So many people being inconvenienced or losing jobs but nah some guy from a shitty superhero movie dying was the worst thing to happen. Fucking LMAO.

What you say may be fact, but it doesn't change the heartache of the dude's momentous effort to carry on with a terminal illness since 2016. Yeah COVID is sad, but you know what? This touched me the most. So be it.

Covid for the fact that it derailed basically my entire life goal until...who the fuck knows when countries reopen to eachother.

But realistically the Domestic Terrorist riots going on right now...because their acceptance and allowance is about take 2021 to a very dark place

Though we may not have had those riots if Covid hadnt happened first..who knows

Last edited:
The Riots, for 3 reasons.

Firstly, it's shown how fundamentally divided we are, and that entire institutions such as the media and education have become fully ideologically driven, thus no longer trustworthy to do their basic jobs.

Secondly, it's proof positive that there's a significant number of angry, hate filled people, driven entirely by emotion, that want to tear the whole of western civilisation down and that cannot be reasoned with logically and rationally.

Thirdly, it's exposed the complete lack of leadership or competence amongst our leadership. The left are openly encouraging and pandering to the division and anger, while the right is ineffectually doing nothing to try and fight to restore order and purge the extremist curroption that has clearly infected so many of our institutions.

Covid socks, and has caused more deaths, but at least it just kills you or fucks you up a bit, these ruits are simply the hot part of a slow burning fire that is destroying our entire civilisations

JimiNutz

Banned
It has to be Covid but me being ever the optimist I've been looking on the bright side:

- no more commuting
- more time at home with the dogs
- lots of saved money
- when I do go out, everywhere is quieter

I get that for a lot of people it's been terrible though and it's crazy how much it's changed society in such a short period of time.

Bush fires and freak weather also kind of suck - especially if they are an indication of more extreme weather in the future.

Romulus

This by a wide margin. I felt so embarrassed for them watching this that even my own testicles ingested themselves to try and escape the horror of it.

Such bullshit, but we know that. Black people are being slaughtered? 7% of the US population are black males, they're responsible for 52% of the murders in the US.

They're doing the slaughtering.

Oh, and unarmed killings? You're 2-3% more likely to be killed unarmed black versus white.

The narrative is total bullshit.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
All were impactful and caught a lot of people off guard but everyone knows a disease spreading is when things get fucked up

diffusionx

Gold Member
its tough to say because I feel the COVID hoax (by that i mean the ludicrous reaction to it, as opposed to the actual virus itself) fed the riots and vice versa. But definitely those two in combination.

The way I see it, I provide monetizable content for this site pro-boner. The thought of having to purchase Gold for myself or anyone else is a spit in both my face and the faces of all the American service men who have fought and died for our country.

MODDDDDDS

Top Bottom